AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the children aren't criminals, eh?

May be true.

To me, that's more like visiting the crimes of the father onto the son.

If true, it would be very sad ... on many levels.

Check out this very sad and criminal approach out of South Africa of deliberate illegal behavior to earn some/more welfare money:

1/7/13: Horrifying story of pregnant South Africans who are deliberately binge drinking... so they get more welfare for the babies they harm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tely-binge-drinking--welfare-babies-harm.html

Thank you FootballMom! From your link:

"The people pulled over near the Palmers Quickstop on Highway 90 in Irvington because they needed to change a tire. As they were replacing the hub cap, they noticed the dead body and called police."

Google maps show Irvington is located about half way between Tillman's Corner and Grand Bay. Palmers Quick Stop - 8175 Highway 90 Irvington, AL

Thank you FootballMom! From your link:

"The people pulled over near the Palmers Quickstop on Highway 90 in Irvington because they needed to change a tire. As they were replacing the hub cap, they noticed the dead body and called police."

Google maps show Irvington is located about half way between Tillman's Corner and Grand Bay. Palmers Quick Stop - 8175 Highway 90 Irvington, AL

BBM - Wow! Since it seems, to me, highly unlikely that BW is still living, I hope this is her! And, that there is strong evidence of whoever/s was involved!

Based solely on location, its very possible, no? It must be so horrific to wonder every time a body is found whether it's someone you love..

So sad, as it's always someone who was loved.

deadbody_20130108145310_320_240.JPG

The Mobile County Sheriff's Office is investigating
a dead body that was found in Irvington on Tuesday.

... investigators found bones on the scene ...

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013, 3:10 PM CST:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/decomposed-body-found-in-irvington

I just can't get over this comment by authorities:

"Although officials said the investigation started before Mobile County teenager Brittney Wood went missing, she is a common factor among all of the suspects."

What could it mean?

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/5th-sex-crimes-suspect-heads-to-court

I would think it could mean just about anything from she was know to each of them to nefarious dealing with each of them or any combination and/or level of involvement. IOW, very intentionally vague statement to say, at the very least, they all knew her and it ties them all together in these messy cases. JMHO

The would only have teeth to id whomever this is (if it is Britt), I mean it has been since May since she disappeared-there wouldn't be anything left would there?

It was likely worked out between DH & the investigator so they wouldn't have to go to his residence to pick him up... (looks better that he turns himself in, saves BCSO $ and manpower, avoids gossipy neighbors/children witnessing his arrest, etc.)

Survivor benefits may or may not be payable... most don't pay in the event of suicide. Additionally - I don't really think that the well-being of his children was a priority for him (obviously).

P.S. - hope you feel better!

My children received survivors benefits until they graduated high school, their father commited suicide 12 years ago.

I beg to differ.

An incarcerated parent is considered "Deprivation of parental support/Continued absence from the home" when it comes to determining eligibility for TANF and medical benefits.

http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/reports/2011/TANF-StatePlan-102010.pdf

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/handbooks/texasworks/A/1000/1000.htm

Children in Texas who have an incarcerated parent(s) are not excluded from benefits if they are otherwise eligible.

My point being in a lot of states the custodial parent is automatically given benefits to cover the child support not being paid no matter the income of said parent. I was supporting 3 children on less than 30,000 and could only get Health benefits and nothing more according to welfare guidlines. Now I have spent years trying to get the state to enforce his back child support. Every 4 months I travel 3 hrs to attend compliance hearings and listen to him whine about not being able to pay and they do nothing but extend his judgement. I dont want to go on a tsangent as this thread is about Brittney but until you live through it don't believe everything you read.

The would only have teeth to id whomever this is (if it is Britt), I mean it has been since May since she disappeared-there wouldn't be anything left would there?

I would tend to think you are right = seven plus months later.

Dental? Hair? DNA? Clothes? Possessions (tote bag, flip-flops, jewelry, cell phone)? ??

I was thinking the same. Look what 2 months did to Nancy Craycraft's remains.

I ended up on websleuths in Oct. trying to get more info on the boys from North Carolina, we were in Myrtle Beach when they were looking for them, and when i got home i wanted to keep up with the case and i googled them and websleuths popped up. Not sure how i had never found this site before, but anyways this is where i first read about Brittney and i must say when i started reading about her , i could not stop. Keep in mind that i had to open more tabs to google all the names so i could finally figure out who was who. I had quite the headache before i was done, and a very sick feeling. I have always wondered though about why dh was being questioned the day he was shot, i thought his involvement didnt come out until after Brittney disappeared and the girl told someone? i understand there was more than one kid involved, where they all family members? also, don't know if i'm allowed to say it, but you will never convince me cw doesn't know what happened to Brittney or wh either!!! this family makes me appreciate my goofy family so much more now! i just wonder if Brittney will ever be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper