DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• DPbridge2.JPG
    DPbridge2.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 36
Who ever this poor soul was I hope they were asleep or unconscious when they got shot. I can't imagine the fear of having a gun pointed right at your head.

I hope and pray they had no idea what was coming, asleep or unconscious would be a blessing IMO. I know what it was like to have a gun held point blank at my head. I felt like my eyes were bulging out of my head, I couldn't blink, cry, speak or move and I wet myself I was so terrified. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

I hope and pray they had no idea what was coming, asleep or unconscious would be a blessing IMO. I know what it was like to have a gun held point blank at my head. I felt like my eyes were bulging out of my head, I couldn't blink, cry, speak or move and I wet myself I was so terrified. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

So sorry you went through that.I hope they went quickly without knowing what happened too.

The plant growth through the side cavity seems to be as long as the surrounding plants.

Only the skull was found? Looks like the poor person was shot from above, execution style maybe? :(

Snip -

The bones have already been transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for further review. Investigators say they recovered more than just the skull at the location.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2013/feb/16/hunters-discover-human-skull-under-dolly-parton-br-ar-5611548/

Oh gosh...I am really sorry you had to go through that terrifying ordeal!! I CAN NOT imagine!

Snip -

The bones have already been transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for further review. Investigators say they recovered more than just the skull at the location.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2013/feb/16/hunters-discover-human-skull-under-dolly-parton-br-ar-5611548/

Thanks, Lash. That report came out this morning. Last night there was only WKRG's FB post, and it wasn't clear whether or not only a skull had been found. Glad to see clarification added.

The pic of the skull makes me so sad. Now, it's just that horrible waiting to see who it is.

Actually the styx river location and this location are only about 20 miles apart. The bridge that they are referring to as the "Dolly Parton" Bridge is at the intersect of Little Lizard Creek and the Alabama River. This is not in Mobile County, it's in Baldwin County and it IS a logical place for her to have ended up from Stxy River. If it is her. Back to that terrible mixed feeling of hoping it's her to hoping it isn't. It's sad really, there is virtually no press about her at all locally anymore.

I saw in the Jessica Pratt thread that there is a young woman missing from Fairhope. Has anyone else heard this??

Brittney's case actually brought me to WS many many months ago. I spend hours and hours lurking here in various cases but basically never post... Reading about this skull being found and rumours that it MAY match Brittney's age group (and it would seem the location might be feasible if she was indeed killed on day zero of her disappearance) I was suddenly filled with hope that it's her, and wanted to share words to that effect. Sounds terrible doesn't it, but I'm sure y'all understand.

I've always sort of clung to hope that she had voluntarily removed herself from everyone and everything she knew, but I think that seems increasingly unlikely with every passing week, and maybe she's no longer with us. And if that is the case, I want her found and laid to rest with the respect she deserves. I really hope that if these remains are Brittney, or if she is found at a later date, that she is indeed laid to rest with dignity and given the send-off that she should have - a celebration of her life and an opportunity for her daughter and those who truly loved her to say goodbye. For once, I'm really not sure we can rely on her family to arrange that.

This case has always made my heart ache just with the sheer lack of attention Brittney's disappearance has been given in this world. One way or another, I really want her found.

We had a search today for Brittney.
While nothing of any value was found, we will continue to search until Brittney is found.

Brittney's case actually brought me to WS many many months ago. I spend hours and hours lurking here in various cases but basically never post... Reading about this skull being found and rumours that it MAY match Brittney's age group (and it would seem the location might be feasible if she was indeed killed on day zero of her disappearance) I was suddenly filled with hope that it's her, and wanted to share words to that effect. Sounds terrible doesn't it, but I'm sure y'all understand.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Thank you for posting that, Louvie. I felt the same way when I saw the skull picture last night. While I'd love to be wrong, I don't think Brittney is with us and hasn't been since before Uncle Donnie's suicide.

I just want closure in this case.

Thinking about you, Brittney.

We had a search today for Brittney.
While nothing of any value was found, we will continue to search until Brittney is found.

Thank you, ChattyWoman, and all others who have searched for Brittney. You are her :angel2:.

The universe will not forget what you are doing for someone you've never met. You surely are earning yourself some good karma & that good will come back to you.

:yourock:

We were not confronted by any alligators today so I don't have video footage. However, hubby did have to check me for ticks when I got home. No video footage of that either. (thank goodness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterbranigan