Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Your Child Qualify?
ALL Kids covers eligible children that live in Alabama. PEEHIP and State Educations employees…Your child(ren) may be eligible for ALL Kids!

Children must also:

be under age 19

So I guess she's ineligible for All Kids. Simp, I assume you are employed and able to make payments? Still wondering how Brittney planned on paying for her orthodontic appointment.

Does anyone know if she helping to support little P? Just trying to figure how she lived day to day without an income. Such as: how did she buy groceries and other personal needs? Did she have debt?

Speaking of the interstate, Honesty, the house at Styx River is right off of I 10. Wouldn't be hard to dump a body in the middle of the night in the woods just off the interstate. Not unusual at all to see a vehicle pulled off to the side.

You are very right. And you bring a very valid point. I see a lot of people stopped on the sides of roads and bridges and my mind goes wild sometimes. I mean, who does that? If I needed to pull over for something I would be hitting the next exit ramp. I'm always suspicious of people stopped on the side of the road.

There is a LOT of woods and water in the area.

Wendy has been locked up for 136 days now....the others (except Derek) are out
and enjoyed Christmas at home, New Year's at home, National Championship Game,
Mardi Gras, birthdays, Easter coming up, Spring is in the air!

You ready to talk yet Wendy?????

I'm not close to the case, but I am in Alabama. Because Brittney was 19 she very well may have been covered by something we have here called "All Kids" that is available to kids 19 and under. To qualify for these benefits her parents or guardians would have to be disqualified for medicaid but still within income parameters considered 'low income'. The 'All Kids' plan is administered through Blue Cross Blue Shield and it does provide for dental care. I would think it's rather likely she was covered in this way because the medicaid limits are fairly hard to qualify for if there is any earned income at all by parents. The range of people I know that have been able to cover their kids on All Kids is broad, from nearly destitute to average suburban middle class.
The other possibility is that there are several places, in fact one of them is not all that far from her Uncle Donny's place, that people call "clinics" and they offer dental services (orthodontics ?) at a greatly reduced rate and their charges are dependent upon the patients income. I can't really remember exactly what the cost is for someone with no income at all, but it's something like $30, I know it's less than $65. There are all kinds of different resources for girls like Brittney, having been tossed into the system when having her daughter she would've likely been aware of what was available to her so she didn't necessarily need $ or need a personal loan. In fact, most orthodontist will hook you up with a company that does loans for medical and dental procedures and while she may not have had an income at the moment she still may have had decent credit to be approved for such a loan. I think I remember something about her having a new (or a new to her) car? She probably had to finance that which would have jump started her credit, she may have had credit cards too. When I was 19, granted that was a long time ago, but back then when someone turned 18 or enrolled in college or financed a car they immediately started receiving per-approved credit cards in the mail. She very well may have even been in debt up to her eyeballs. I've known more than a few kids her age that would literally live on their credit cards at various points between work and/or while going to school.
Ok, I'm sure I could've said all that in a LOT less words. D'oh!

Brittany didn't have a car. That is why she walked or hitched rides with friends everywhere. She did not have a job as far as I know. This orthodontist appointment has me confused because it seems uncharacteristic for someone who is also abusing drugs. Drugs + teeth= not good usually.

btw...those are some great prices on braces. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately with this family's record, her fate looks to be grim. Thinking she just decided to hide out or disappear seems VERY unlikely. I keep checking this thread hoping for some resolution and possibly justice.

From what i no if you have a child under the age of 18 you qualify for medical and dental through your state. & to answer your question i think one of the main reasons brittney was making a dentist appt was for her crooked front tooth. It is very noticable imo....

Some of you know I have been physically active in searching for Brittney. So you must know that I have met and become close to her step mother Stephanie. What I'm getting at is I don't know why any of you seem sure you know what drugs Brittney did. Why are you assuming her teeth were bad because of drugs? FWIW, she tried her best to take care of her teeth and the reason she made that appt was because one front tooth is crooked and she wanted to correct It and have beautiful, healthy teeth. Why does it matter how she would pay for her appt? Does that shed light on what happened to her? In Alabama there are many ways to get dental and medical care. TMK She wasn't dealing drugs or selling herself to pay for her dental work. Poor girl never even got the chance to have the work done and she shouldn't be questioned on how she was going to pay for it.

~Team Brittney~

Some of you know I have been physically active in searching for Brittney. So you must know that I have met and become close to her step mother Stephanie. What I'm getting at is I don't know why any of you are so sure you know what drugs Brittney did. Why are you assuming her teeth were bad because of drugs? I know for a fact she tried her best to take care of her teeth and the reason she made that appt was because one front tooth is crooked and she wanted to correct It and have beautiful, healthy teeth. Why does it matter how she would pay for her appt? Does that really shed light on what happened to her? In Alabama there are many ways to get dental and medical care. She wasn't dealing drugs or selling herself to pay for her dental work. Poor girl never even got the chance to have the work done and now she is being questioned on how she was going to pay for it! SMH!!!

~Team Brittney~
Thanks for the info. I have no idea what drugs she did. I am just going off on what info we were given early on. I also didn't mean that her teeth were bad. I meant doing drugs isn't good for your teeth because so many people neglect them when under influence of drugs. I am glad to hear that Brittany took care of her teeth and wanted them to look as good as possible. I had noticed the front crooked tooth, but it was only after I had looked at photos that weren't on her missing poster.

From what i no if you have a child under the age of 18 you qualify for medical and dental through your state. & to answer your question i think one of the main reasons brittney was making a dentist appt was for her crooked front tooth. It is very noticable imo....
Wow...those are good state benefits. I had only heard of children being covered.

Thanks for the info. I have no idea what drugs she did. I am just going off on what info we were given early on. I also didn't mean that her teeth were bad. I meant doing drugs isn't good for your teeth because so many people neglect them when under influence of drugs. I am glad to hear that Brittany took care of her teeth and wanted them to look as good as possible. I had noticed the front crooked tooth, but it was only after I had looked at photos that weren't on her missing poster.

Not many realize she has a crooked tooth. I never knew until I was told. It's very hard to see in her pics unless you know and look for it. Sorry if I was rude in my post. Guess I've been a little moody lately with no new info and the 1 year mark approaching. So ready to bring her home!

~Team Brittney~

I find it pretty sad that Brittany as a 19 yr old was taking steps to have orthodontic work. I am sure she was covered on the state plan as a minor. She could have had that crooked tooth fixed probably free or very cheap if her mom had taken initiative to get her to orthodontist.

I find it pretty sad that Brittany as a 19 yr old was taking steps to have orthodontic work. I am sure she was covered on the state plan as a minor. She could have had that crooked tooth fixed probably free or very cheap if her mom had taken initiative to get her to orthodontist.

Sadly you can look at her Mom and see dental work was not a priority. Brittney had to wait until she was legally an adult to try and take care of it herself.

~Team Brittney~

Some of you know I have been physically active in searching for Brittney. So you must know that I have met and become close to her step mother Stephanie. What I'm getting at is I don't know why any of you are so sure you know what drugs Brittney did. Why are you assuming her teeth were bad because of drugs? I know for a fact she tried her best to take care of her teeth and the reason she made that appt was because one front tooth is crooked and she wanted to correct It and have beautiful, healthy teeth. Why does it matter how she would pay for her appt? Does that really shed light on what happened to her? In Alabama there are many ways to get dental and medical care. She wasn't dealing drugs or selling herself to pay for her dental work. Poor girl never even got the chance to have the work done and now she is being questioned on how she was going to pay for it! SMH!!!

~Team Brittney~

Perhaps you are referring to my asking how she could afford orthodontic care? Please know I never, ever insinuated she was dealing drugs or selling herself!

It was posited by those close to her that she would not have left town because she made a dental appointment. I only questioned this because it seemed so unlikely as apparently she has no means to provide a home for herself and her baby girl much less pay for fixing a crooked tooth.

Hopefully one day the truth will surface. :please:

Yea, it was through a verified poster that we learned of Brittney's drug use. Otherwise we'd be none the wiser at this point.

06-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Zeaux
"Heavy use can mean different things to different people, but in her case it means she did it regularly, didn't work, didn't keep her child, didn't go to school, the only thing she did regularly was meth and general partying. It was her focus."
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Zeaux
"Parents are usually very defensive of their children and protective of their reputations. For me to be told by a parent that she is a heavy meth user, I have no reason to doubt it. I'm not saying she's high all the time, but she uses more days than she doesn't."
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Zeaux
"That relative (I believe you're referring to comments made by SW, her aunt) is mistaken, naive, or just out of the loop. She was still using at the time of her disappearance and meth was her drug of choice."

Still holding on to hope that Brittney found some way to escape her life in Tillmans Corner.

93131093-brittany-wood.jpg

Still thinking of you, Brittney. And especially your loved ones. I can't believe it is coming up on a year. Pathetic.
BUMP <3

Bumping for Brittany...we care about you and want you found!

Could the fact she was having orthodontic work be a clue that she was getting ready to turn her life around... maybe move somewhere new to start fresh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking