AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/missing-teens-uncle-in-court

"On Thursday, Wood's uncle Dustin Kent had a preliminary hearing for his charges of alleged sex abuse against two young girls.

Investigators shared graphic testimony of child sex abuse allegedly committed by the 36-year-old Kent."

Donald Holland was Brittney Wood's uncle. He was the last person to see Wood alive, and he later committed suicide.

Investigators said Holland told Kent to commit the sex crimes, and in each case, Holland was either present or listening on the phone."

Reading this again and adding in Wendy's charges of sexual torture, I can't help but feel she was as involved as Donnie. Which leads me to, again, ponder her motives to silence Donnie. Not only would she come out ahead financially, but it would be harder to prove her involvement knowing Donnie's case won't be heard in court.
Thanks, gliving. I guess my mind filled in the blanks to take it a step further, and it became part of my recollection. I find it hard to believe DH didn't find a way to gain financially from the atrocities.

I find it strange that Wendy found her husband and later detailed the car so there was no physical evidence.
Omg. Wasn't aware of this. Is there any way there could still be some evidence found.

DH's truck was processed by BCSO before WH got it back to have detailed

If we go back to the beginning and process the info we have now with what we had then It would paint a very different picture.

If I remember correctly wayyyy back in the very beginning.......was there not a phone call from BW looking for DH? Didn't Wendy talk to her and tell her Donnie wasn't at that house but was somewhere else I cant remember. But didn't DH pick up BW?

For some reason this all comes back to Wendy?
Did she kill both of them?

If we go back to the beginning and process the info we have now with what we had then It would paint a very different picture.

If I remember correctly wayyyy back in the very beginning.......was there not a phone call from BW looking for DH? Didn't Wendy talk to her and tell her Donnie wasn't at that house but was somewhere else I cant remember. But didn't DH pick up BW?

For some reason this all comes back to Wendy?
Did she kill both of them?
As much as Wendy is involved...it is difficult to imagine that Mendy does not have some involvement in all of this mess.
And...Wendy was with her bestest friend when she found DH.
And...DH had been staying in the bestest friends' cabin.
....I've always wondered about Mendy and the bestie. Although, I do think that Wendy is the dominent twin who would order Mendy around. moo

As much as Wendy is involved...it is difficult to imagine that Mendy does not have some involvement in all of this mess.
And...Wendy was with her bestest friend when she found DH.
And...DH had been staying in the bestest friends' cabin.
....I've always wondered about Mendy and the bestie. Although, I do think that Wendy is the dominent twin who would order Mendy around. moo

Oh I have to agree!
What a nightmare!

DH's truck was processed by BCSO before WH got it back to have detailed

Hi Rolltidemom!

Thank you for the info. Do you know how long BCSO detained DH's truck? More specifically, did WWH get the truck back before Brittney was reported missing? I'm wondering if BCSO processed DH's truck with Brittney's disappearance in mind or were they just confirming his COD? I'm also curious if it was BCSO who found the cellphone battery that allegedly belonged to Brittney? TIA

Hi Rolltidemom!

Thank you for the info. Do you know how long BCSO detained DH's truck? More specifically, did WWH get the truck back before Brittney was reported missing? I'm wondering if BCSO processed DH's truck with Brittney's disappearance in mind or were they just confirming his COD? I'm also curious if it was BCSO who found the cellphone battery that allegedly belonged to Brittney? TIA

Lash - I'm not RTM (she is involved with a search in another case today), but I might can help answer your questions.
AFAIK: The gunshot injury happened on June 1, DH died on June 4. DH's truck was processed to confirm COD.
CW and family had been attempting to contact her to let her know about DH - she was reported missing June 2 after no one could reach her to tell her about DH.
No idea who found the battery - all we know about the battery is that CW identified it as Brittney's by a scratch mark on it.

In my opinion, there are several motives that could be explored. FWIW, I find it uncomfortable writing details about these possible motives.

As far as the sex ring, I think it is possible DH made it clear to all the sicko's involved, Brittney was off limits. I believe DH may have been infatuated with Brittney. How long had Donnie been contemplating suicide? I believe it is possible DH took advantage of and hurt Brittney that night. Meaning he acted on his infatuation. DH being in a suicidal mindset acted on his fantasy. I believe Brittney would have put up a fight. Ultimately, not ending well. I believe DH knew Brittney would not have kept this quiet. This is all speculation and I really don't like writing about it. In my opinion if this occurred, DH had motive to kill Brittney. What happened next could go many ways. I believe DH may have confided in WWH. However, not sharing the real story. Donnie could have told WWH that he had to kill Brittney because she was going to talk to LE about the rape investigation. In my opinion, this is where a coverup would begin. IMHO, this is one possible motive and one that includes at least one accomplice to help coverup what happened to Brittney.

Investigators stated Brittney was the 'golden nugget' in the rape investigation. If LE knew this, you bet the rest of the sicko's knew the same. Whatever Brittney knew may have been enough to put these scums away for life, rather than a mere few years. In this theory, it is possible DH was not involved. It is possible the other sicko's made the decision Brittney knew too much and conspired to commit murder. Remember WWH commented on DH's behavior and the statement he allegedly made that he was not going to go to prison for something he didn't do. In my opinion, this is another possible motive for murder.

These people are scum. In my opinion, if they could rape children, they could easily commit murder. The scums involved in this sex ring had a lot to lose and if taking someone out could help sustain their selfish sick lives they wouldn't think twice.

I struggle with the motive too. If it was to do with the child sex abuse, either Brittney knew something that no one else did, (or if there were others, they were deemed by DH etc much less likely to speak out about it), or DH etc believed that somehow she would be a catalyst/organiser/support/encourager/? for those who were starting to speak out. The golden nugget comment is interesting, (not a term I'm familiar with), clearly the local LE think that Brittney was a really important, crucial even, part of the chain. I wonder why?
(Surely though, even without Brittney, DH was in so much trouble that there wouldn't have been much "point" to her murder?)
Again to do with the child sex abuse case- which, by the time Brittney disappeared must have been all some of these people were able to think about- if she did go to confront DH, perhaps it just got out of hand, a heated confrontation, perhaps she was so angry that she threatened him, and he struck out/shot/mortally wounded her, "in the heat of the moment".

I must confess, I do give some crediblity to the theory that WH was somehow involved, especially if DH had been infatuated with Brittney, and she thought that Brittney might be about to help the prosecution of DH- eliminate a threat, in two directions?

The LE response to both Brittney's disappearence and the child sex abuse ring seems very slow, and disappointing. I wonder if Brittney's disappearence has caused the local LE to focus their attention on what was going on in that family more? (Isn't it ironic?)

Is it the general concensus that Brittney was not a victim of this group?

Oh, I hope she is alive out there somewhere!

Lash - I'm not RTM (she is involved with a search in another case today), but I might can help answer your questions.
AFAIK: The gunshot injury happened on June 1, DH died on June 4. DH's truck was processed to confirm COD.
CW and family had been attempting to contact her to let her know about DH - she was reported missing June 2 after no one could reach her to tell her about DH.
No idea who found the battery - all we know about the battery is that CW identified it as Brittney's by a scratch mark on it.

Thank you Chatty!

I would really like to know who found the battery, LE or maybe it was WWH when she had the truck detailed? I'm not convinced the battery belongs to Brittney, hence the reason I think it is important who found the battery.

Thank you Chatty!

I would really like to know who found the battery, LE or maybe it was WWH when she had the truck detailed? I'm not convinced the battery belongs to Brittney, hence the reason I think it is important who found the battery.

Rest assured, LE knows who found it.

How likely is it that, if some family members did know about Brittney's murder, that they will start talking before court procedures really get under way?
(It seems impossible to me that, under such pressures and chaos as these people have lived the last year, no one has blabbed)

How likely is it that, if some family members did know about Brittney's murder, that they will start talking before court procedures really get under way?
(It seems impossible to me that, under such pressures and chaos as these people have lived the last year, no one has blabbed)

That has been my hope ever since the multiple arrests. My experience has been that it has to get real for them first though. Initially, the reaction is denial, the old "I didn't do s*#(" response. That's typically followed by the "It will go away" response and then the "I can beat this" response" until they realize it isn't going away and they may not beat it. It's amazing how demeanors change on the courthouse steps. Actually walking up the steps to the courthouse knowing "This is it, my judgment day is now here and there's nothing I can do to change it and in a few short days my fate will be decided and I could very well spend the rest of my life in prison" really changes peoples outlook on things.

That's why I've been hoping that the DA has been pushing for trial settings. I truly hope/believe that out of the whole bunch, at least one will crack to that pressure of judgment day.

That has been my hope ever since the multiple arrests. My experience has been that it has to get real for them first though. Initially, the reaction is denial, the old "I didn't do s*#(" response. That's typically followed by the "It will go away" response and then the "I can beat this" response" until they realize it isn't going away and they may not beat it. It's amazing how demeanors change on the courthouse steps. Actually walking up the steps to the courthouse knowing "This is it, my judgment day is now here and there's nothing I can do to change it and in a few short days my fate will be decided and I could very well spend the rest of my life in prison" really changes peoples outlook on things.

That's why I've been hoping that the DA has been pushing for trial settings. I truly hope/believe that out of the whole bunch, at least one will crack to that pressure of judgment day.

None of them will talk! JMO

Why would they talk?
A body has not been found.
There are no charges at all against them concerning Brittney!

Hopefully, someone will cut a deal. Maybe they already have and more charges are forthcoming? I would like to think LE has had this on their radar for quite sometime and are working in the background dotting all the i's and crossing t's. IMO

In my opinion, if anyone talks it will be one of the men. Prison is a horrible place, but much worse for men convicted of raping children. Let's say for example purposes only, someone is willing to talk about Brittney. The bargain is to drop the rape charges or reduce to no jail time, would the prosecution need permission from the victims to take such a plea bargain?

In my opinion, if anyone talks it will be one of the men. Prison is a horrible place, but much worse for men convicted of raping children. Let's say for example purposes only, someone is willing to talk about Brittney. The bargain is to drop the rape charges or reduce to no jail time, would the prosecution need permission from the victims to take such a plea bargain?

Sadly no (regarding the victims permission). I too think it will be one of the men that speaks - although none have much to gain by doing so - in regards to their sentences. If they do speak it will probably be a bargaining chip to maybe get relocated to a different prison, where their charges aren't common knowledge. They are all facing serious time, and segregation for 10+ years is an awful long time.

I am so so shocked that no one has turned states evidence! I'm guessing RSW is the closest to that, but still. Maybe no one other than Wendy knows where BW is? Although I think she didn't act alone.. but maybe none of the jailed know where BW is. If no one has squealed yet - then it might be a safe assumption. I would like to think that out of the 5 men, ONE would talk to save himself. After all, we are dealing with the lowest of the low and the biggest cowards. What more could they have on each other that no one would talk? That's what mystifies me.

Why would they talk?
A body has not been found.
There are no charges at all against them concerning Brittney!

Why? Because a good chunk of them are looking at potential life sentences. Enough pressure and enough evidence of guilt on those charges and someone could talk. I would not expect it to be someone who admits to killing Brittney but I would think if someone knows who did it, where she is, how it happened or something else where they are possibly on the periphery, they have a very good reason to talk and get a sentence of how ever many years instead of possibly facing life in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx