Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
unresponsive
adjective

US

/ˌʌn·rɪˈspɑn·sɪv/

Add to word list
not reacting or answering, or not reacting or answering satisfactorily:
Yes but wouldn’t they say “unresponsive to their questions” or something. Certainly “unresponsive but breathing” implies she wasn’t doing well at all, not just unwilling to answer what they were asking her.

but then why add "but breathing"
to me that indicates unconscious but alive
Or it qualifies “unresponsive”,which could mean unconscious, but perhaps doesn’t in this case.

If she was dropped off genuinely totally unconscious at home rather than getting there under her own steam I think this story would be reported entirely differently. I know what my assumptions are from the coverage but simply a guess until we get more details.

I’ve also seen “unresponsive” used for those who are in a sort of catatonic state. So, maybe able to get home and knock on a door but not really able to communicate what happened. I hope more details are made available at an appropriate time.

IIRC it was stated she was "dropped off"
If so by the abductor or whomever, she may have been in fear of her life, if said person changed their mind.
No wonder she was "out of breath" and possibly catatonic.

I’ve never heard of this before but it seems an urban myth — that someone would use a small child as bait for a woman etc. My parents once found a small child by the side of the road who was genuinely lost, got It
It's basic enough, despite NN high drama bordering on conspiracy
'don't stop for strangers no matter how they appear. Do NOT stop on the freeway, period.

That is all.
Language might differ but every kid with a car got that lecture.

The words are kidnapped, abducted, trafficked..
Could they not as easily been simply 'attacked'.

If a ruse was used to stop her and the motive was clearly not vehicle theft or any kind of theft at all, the only other motive could be an attack of some type.

I believe she was hurt.
Girl's a nurse, paramedics believed she should be brought to the hospital immediately.
Her bf or whatever stated she had been fighting for her life for 48hrs.

I don't know how much he knows or knew at the time he made that statement.

The facts released by lE are here

I cant seem to find the article now but I read one earlier in the day that said that when she arrived home she was out of breath/had trouble breathing.

I had seen it too. It's in this article:

"Derzis said he doesn’t yet know how Russell got back to the Hoover subdivision, but that she walked up to the house and knocked on her parents’ door.

Police and fire medics quickly responded. Russell, who was said to be having difficulty breathing, was taken to UAB Hospital where she was held overnight for an evaluation, and then discharged early Sunday."

I recall reading something about “she didn’t know” when asked about what happened. That fits with unresponsive according to the standard definition.

unresponsive
adjective

US

/ˌʌn·rɪˈspɑn·sɪv/
It can also mean unconscious and not responding to verbal or painful stimuli.

IIRC it was stated she was "dropped off"
If so by the abductor or whomever, she may have been in fear of her life, if said person changed their mind.
No wonder she was "out of breath" and possibly catatonic.

“At around 10:45 p.m. Saturday, the Hoover 911 center received a call that Russell had returned home on foot, Hoover police said in a Saturday afternoon news release.

Police officers and the fire department responded to the scene and transported Russell to a local hospital, where she was treated and released, according to police.

It's unclear where Russell had been since Thursday and no further details were provided. Police said they were able to take "an initial statement" from Russell. "The details of that statement are a part of the ongoing investigation which is expected to continue over the next few days," the release said…”

I had seen it too. It's in this article:

"Derzis said he doesn’t yet know how Russell got back to the Hoover subdivision, but that she walked up to the house and knocked on her parents’ door.

Police and fire medics quickly responded. Russell, who was said to be having difficulty breathing, was taken to UAB Hospital where she was held overnight for an evaluation, and then discharged early Sunday."
Hmm. Could've been having a panic attack.

Source: me, queen of panic attacks.

It can also mean unconscious and not responding to verbal or painful stimuli.

Yes it can but it doesn’t appear to mean unconscious or not responding to stimuli in this case, which is a good thing. Someone who is unconscious generally wouldn’t be described as “alive and safe”.

“Hoover police are "combing through numerous pieces of evidence" in the disappearance of "Carlee" Nichole Russell after she was returned home alive and safe Saturday night.”

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/carlee-russell-alabama-missing-found/44554229#:~:text=HOOVER%2C%20Ala.%20—,had%20returned%20home%20on%20foot.

Last edited:
Gonna bring this up again because nobody seems to be talking about it for some reason.

The dispatchers describe a caller
saying Carlee's family had reached out to say they had gotten a call from Carlee herself -- who apparently told them she was at the Red Roof Inn along the Montgomery Highway ... only about 5 miles north from where she disappeared. The wording's a little confusing, but it seems the caller was a Red Roof worker.

The first responders also say the front desk staff said they had no one checked in under Carlee's name. It also sounds like Carlee's family was itching to get to the Red Roof Inn to see if she was actually there. It's unclear if they did or not, but cops certainly responded ... as heard in the audio, where somebody gets on the radio to say units have arrived.

Can you provide a link for the above statement?
Gladly.
""In a missing person case, as a matter of cooperation, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will, at the request of a state or local law enforcement agency, make available the facilities of the FBI Identification Division and the FBI Laboratory."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02