Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hoover police plan to follow up with her again to attempt to get a better understanding of what happened and said they will provide information when they are able to do so.”

Is it just me, or is the wording --- " will follow up with her again to attempt to get a better understanding of what happened "----kind of odd? It sounds like they didn't understand what she was trying to explain.

Yes that what it sounds like to me as well. Sort of like going back to square one as opposed to confirming certain details.

I also noted they avoided any reference to words such as kidnapping or abduction in the entire release. Instead I notice the wording “what happened”.

What stands out to me about this theory is that there are way easier ways of doing that than inventing a dramatic highway scene and leaving her car running and all of her belongings on the side of the interstate. If she needed a break or felt overwhelmed she could have just stayed in her car and kept going…

She could have just turned off her phone and checked into a hotel somewhere. If someone did just need a break, this seems like an excessive level of theatrics and personal inconvenience.
I agree. It does seem to be rather extreme if she just wanted a couple day's break.

I think they are giving her a chance to get her story straight. And, it appears there is little urgency.

I have little doubt that LE has a lot of evidence... and probably a good idea what did or, at the very least, definitely didn't happen.

Video has been posted upthread. It appears the car stops for about 3 minutes just out of view (we can see glow of emergency flashers). It then drives slowly on the shoulder for about 45 seconds, covering perhaps 1/4 mile, and stops again. About 4 minutes later the police arrive.
Maybe she was looking for the mile marker? It seems that LE was expecting her to be at mile marker 10. MOO Maybe she thought she was at 10, she's waiting, and then she realizes she needs to pull further??

If the reason for a person suddenly becoming unconscious is unknown, it indeed should be a medical emergency. I hope we’ll get better clarification in the coming days. I still believe “unresponsive“ refers to offering details. In a criminal situation/kidnapping scenario timing is of the essence in hopes of making an arrest and we know police have said they plan further interviews with her.

I think everyone felt great relief knowing Carlee arrived home “alive and safe” but now we have her fighting for her life. (Why is that? This is a question I’m pondering to myself.)
I must have missed something. Is she presently fighting for her life?

I agree. It does seem to be rather extreme if she just wanted a couple day's break.

Yes it does, it wouldn’t make sense for only a couple days break. According to photos published by DM, Carlee and her boyfriend has just spent time in New York celebrating Independence Day earlier this month.

If it was all a setup for unknown reasons, I could only guess something aborted a different plan and it possibly was the traffic cam footage which was released the following day. Total speculation on my part but the thought crosses my mind that kidnappings/abductions often involve demands for ransom payments.

Could it be like Abby Hernandez’s case or Sherri Papini’s (and others who faked disappearances/kidnappings to get out of something or get attention or get a break. I still remember a guy who was supposed to be in my 1L class in law school who just left his car on the side of the highway and disappeared for two weeks right before the start of term. The pressure was too much).

Abby Hernandez's kidnapping wasn't faked.

Her kidnapper, Nathaniel Kibby, is still in prison for this crime. I just double checked.

I must have missed something. Is she presently fighting for her life?
The "fighting for her life" came from the boyfriend, as in "she fought for her life" during her disappearance, not presently.

So did she tell her boyfriend what happened for him to make that statement?
Yet investigators don't know what happened, or maybe they do......one way or the other.

The "fighting for her life" came from the boyfriend, as in "she fought for her life" during her disappearance, not presently.

Yet investigators don't know what happened, or maybe they do......one way or the other.
They do, they reported they did have a conversation with her

' Detectives responded to the residence and to UAB to take an initial statement from Carlee. The details of that statement are a part of the ongoing investigation which is expected to continue over the next few days'

They do, they reported they did have a conversation with her

' Detectives responded to the residence and to UAB to take an initial statement from Carlee. The details of that statement are a part of the ongoing investigation which is expected to continue over the next few days'
Yes you're right. However according to this statement, they need more clarification.
"Hoover police plan to follow up with her again to attempt to get a better understanding of what happened and said they will provide information when they are able to do so.”
From link upthread in post # 345.

Yes you're right. However according to this statement, they need more clarification.
From link upthread in post # 345.
The thing is that if it was a simple matter there wouldn't need to be an investigation, would there?
Police would have just released a statement saying it was 'put to bed'
That's what I was expecting had it been a personal crisis.

My instinct and desire is to steer clear of it. That it's over. i don't feel 'entitled' to more information about Carlee's life.
The internet, on the subject is a truly horrible thing to witness at this time.

And though I want to park it, bless her and let her go, I feel like I'm awaiting a 'release' from it which is elusive.

just my thoughts.

He seems confused... and confusing.

The police comments don't seem like they're confused, though.

Let me ask. Does it make sense that an apple watch was in her purse? Isn't that something people wear all the time? That would be a tracking device, as would be her phone.

I don’t think that’s odd. I have a broken strap on my smart watch so I take it off to sleep and do various things as it otherwise gets caught on things.

I imagine if she was working at a spa (doing treatments? cleaning up after customers?) she wouldn’t watch her watch getting dirty or may have been asked not to wear it for hygiene reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot