Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same. I'd be surprised if her parents went on national television to double down on the abduction claims unless they have reason to believe they're accurate. If they doubted her, you'd think they would just quietly wait for the storm to pass.

I think any of us in that situation would be fiercely defensive, supportive and loyal towards our daughters during a public media interview. That’s to be expected IMO.

No warning from police to neighboring cul de sac through the side of the hiway woods tenants that they should be aware of any strangers in the nabe? nothing? In my city they would use their SM to state this, a threat wouldnt be kept silent. For PD to issue no danger in the area is saying a lot about this case, even in podunk.

What if it was a personal attack on her? Then they wouldn't give any warning of potential threats or give the standard "no threat to the community at this time"

I’m struggling with the audio of 911 call, based on dispatcher and officers communications and there being two different active 911 calls, it’s confusing if the ping is for CR’s cell phone or the future sister-in-law’s cell phone.
I think what you're struggling with is the scanner recording, not the 911 call... basically the dispatcher relaying information to officers.

Just FYI - I don't believe we've been given the go ahead to post or discuss it. Hopefully, soon.

From what I could tell - with 2 minutes of Googling - it's not particularly easy to get access to 911 calls in Alabama.

Not only was her kidnapping not faked, but she refused to talk to police in the beginning because she was traumatized and terrified he would come back as he told her he would. She was then brutalized again by investigators who believed she was lying. It should be websleuths abduction 101 required reading.
This is the case I was thinking of when listening to her parents' interview! Thank you for posting. I couldn't remember the name.

I’d think and really hope a 25 year old woman would know that calling 911 and ditching their car/purse/phone for a “weekend away” would not end up well for her. I’m not sure what happened here (I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be a kidnapping, hoax, or mental breakdown) but imo it’s something bigger than just wanting to get away from strict parents are something. After all, it seems she voluntarily went back home.

And, before the weekend was over.

I've considered someone may have slipped her something (unknown to her) which caused her unusual behavior. Idk, could be a long shot but can't rule it out.

Her mother also said in response to the question of what she did when she first saw her - "we had to stand back and let medical professionals work with her" which to me implies that police or EMTs arrived at her parents' home within a minute or so of her arrival. Anyone else get the same impression? How did they get there so quickly?

Would LE have already been in the area of the parents home for security reasons?

This report indicates Carlee gave not just one but two statements. I’d think it would be routine protocol for a health assessment to be completed at a hospital any time a missing person is located.

“At 10:44 p.m. Saturday, police said they received a call that Russell had returned home on foot.

Police responded to the scene to investigate and Hoover fire medics responded to the scene to assess and transported Russell to UAB hospital for evaluation.

Police were then able to obtain a statement from Carlee at both her home and the Hospital, the details of which have not been released.

Officials say that while this may be a "tedious process," it is imperative that each piece of evidence is thoroughly evaluated in order to better reconstruct the chain of events.”

I think any of us in that situation would be fiercely defensive, supportive and loyal towards our daughters during a public media interview. That’s to be expected IMO.
Oh I agree! But I think I would refuse to do any interviews citing an ongoing investigation if there was any chance I didn't believe my daughter. I just think it's interesting that they did this interview after the fact and are so adamant that she was abducted. You'd think they'd say "I can't discuss an ongoing case" instead of "she fought for her life both physically and mentally" if there was any shadow of a doubt in her mom's mind. All just my opinion, obviously

Oh I agree! But I think I would refuse to do any interviews citing an ongoing investigation if there was any chance I didn't believe my daughter. I just think it's interesting that they did this interview after the fact and are so adamant that she was abducted. You'd think they'd say "I can't discuss an ongoing case" instead of "she fought for her life both physically and mentally" if there was any shadow of a doubt in her mom's mind. All just my opinion, obviously

Me too, I’d refuse the interview as it appears to serve no useful purpose other than to further establish adversarial opinions. The parents can’t know anything more than their daughter has told them. Still, maybe they feel they owe it to their daughter to publicly come out in support of her, following the boyfriend. JMO

Curious, how did the police handle the situation when Abby Hernandez showed up back at home after her abduction?
If I remember correctly she was reluctant to talk and the police were suspicious of her story. At one point I believe she gave fake sketch to LE because she was so terrified he would come back. Someone else's memory may be better than mine. None of this is ever mentioned in any of the articles you'll find online but there should be a thread here.
Edit to add: I know that they investigated every possible angle and it especially threw a wrench into the investigation when her mother received a letter from her during her captivity basically saying leave me alone. Of course, her kidnapper made her write that but the public continued to doubt her abduction. It really added fuel to that fire. I really felt for her mother during all of this. I do believe that LE doubted her story when she showed back up at her mother's door and add to it her reluctance to talk. It just goes to show that what we *think* is normal behavior for a victim isn't always the case.

Last edited:
Me too, I’d refuse the interview as it appears to serve no useful purpose other than to further establish adversarial opinions. The parents can’t know anything more than their daughter has told them. Still, maybe they feel they owe it to their daughter to publicly come out in support of her, following the boyfriend. JMO
True. I can't even imagine the rollercoaster of emotions they've been on over the past week. I know we aren't owed anything, but I hope we get some insight into those 48 hours soon.

I figured if anyone cut the footage, it would be the FBI... Now I'm even more confused.
Did you notice that car pull in between two cars, right on the bumper of the first car? I'm thinking that might have been LE about to pull that car over. The traffic cam contractor may be required to cut out video of that type of thing. - Just a guess

If I remember correctly she was reluctant to talk and the police were suspicious of her story. At one point I believe she gave fake sketch to LE because she was so terrified he would come back. Someone else's memory may be better than mine. None of this is ever mentioned in any of the articles you'll find online but there should be a thread here.
Edit to add: I know that they investigated every possible angle and it especially threw a wrench into the investigation when her mother received a letter from her during her captivity basically saying leave me alone. Of course, her kidnapper made her write that but the public continued to doubt her abduction. It really added fuel to that fire. I really felt for her mother during all of this. I do believe that LE doubted her story when she showed back up at her mother's door and add to it her reluctance to talk. It just goes to show that what we *think* is normal behavior for a victim isn't always the case.
All reasonable on the part of any victim. But what was LE doing in the meanwhile? Did they appear to be sitting back? Or did they put an alert out for the abductor even if they might not have believed all of Abby's story at the time? Or were they quiet and just said the investigation is continuing, as with Carlee?

Just to add, I believe something happened with Carlee, not sure what yet, but I don't think this was a hoax at all.

“Asked on Monday to comment on whether she was abducted, Hoover police public information officer Keith Czeskleba said only that authorities had “spoken to Carlee once and are following up on that information, however we are not able to publicly share the details from our initial interview.”

“We will follow up with her again to attempt to get a better understanding of the past 72 hours and will provide what information we can when we are able to do so,” he said. Police did not immediately respond to an overnight request for further comment…”

Blood tests taken at the hospital would confirm something of that nature IMO.
And they wouldn't be back so quickly, I think.....

Maybe the following is a dumb question but I'm going to ask. Can a person black out from something other than alcohol? Do other drugs cause black outs?

I can't rule out a possible black out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member