Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the article above the following was stated:
"Moments later, while on the phone with a family friend, Russell was heard asking, "Are you alright?" She screamed into her cell phone, Russell's mother told local media. Then, she vanished. "

How can she have the phone with her but it was also found left inside of her car?
Her phone was not found inside of her car. It was found outside the car and quite a few feet away if I recall correctly.

If it was not right beside her car, I wonder if it was where she made her first stop.
Every article I've seen says her phone, hat and wig were on the roadway outside of her car. Giving the impression all three items were right outside her car, together, more or less.

Is there any MSM articles saying her phone was found elsewhere?

Every article I've seen says her phone, hat and wig were on the roadway outside of her car. Giving the impression all three items were right outside her car, together, more or less.

If that's the case, that makes me lean away from an abductor because I'm not sure they would think to stage the scene like that.

There is no need for speculation about the phone location. Hoover PD have clearly stated:

"Hoover Police officers arrived on scene within five minutes of being dispatched, and several other officers arrived shortly behind. They located Carlee’s wig, cell phone and purse on the roadway near her vehicle, and Carlee’s Apple Watch was in her purse."

source: update on carlee russell case - Hoover Police Department

Can anyone offer a scenario that involves a mental health issue?

I want to know how people think she eluded police and search efforts... with no purse or phone and then returned home 48 hours later.

I'm not saying it didn't happen... but I feel like people are saying "mental health" then not thinking through what happened next.
And if she was at the Red Roof Inn, or any hotel, how did she get a room without a credit card or ID? Im still not clear on if she was there.

And how did she get there, regardless of where she went.

As another poster mentioned, if this was a hoax, I think she had to have help.

Does the time stamp of her first stop correspond to the 911 call? (Just now seeing that was answered already)
I can't imagine why anyone kidnapping her would then also move her car. What would be the point of that?

ETA: so she pulls over, calls 911, then makes her way along the shoulder with her hazards on, comes to a stop again and calls whoever (brother, brother's girlfriend) they hear her asking someone if they're okay, then she screams and no more response from her.

I doubt anyone moved her car. I think what we saw on the first video was her, getting out, screaming to whoever was on the phone, dropping her phone and then taking off.

jmo
BBM This was exactly my first thought. And then the thought continued, if they did move her car, wouldn't they take it much further away from the scene of the crime? Moo.

It seems to me that it’s a reasonable assumption that Carlee told her family she had been kidnapped when she arrived back at her house. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have the boyfriend’s statement that’s been posted.

I do think the case itself has been handled with extraordinary care thus far, so I have no doubt that continues behind the scenes. If there was any reason for the public to know more than what’s been released (fear for public safety, need for general public assistance with what they may have seen, etc), then they would let us know. They haven’t. Which to me says they know a whole lot more then we do.
DBM Sorry, I did not intend to respond to this post.

And if she was at the Red Roof Inn, or any hotel, how did she get a room without a credit card or ID? Im still not clear on if she was there.

And how did she get there, regardless of where she went.

As another poster mentioned, if this was a hoax, I think she had to have help.
Someone else would have had to get the room and just let her in/give her the key IMO. I have paid cash for a room at a similar place before on a road trip and they asked for minimal info but still photocopied my ID.

In just my opinion only was wondering how long it would take LE to investigate, gather statements, info, etc in order to put together an indictment to take before a judge for an arrest warrant for those involved in this case? Does anyone with LE background know how long it would take for them to get an indictment and warrant(s) for arrest(s)?

yes. I am not in a position to go look but it was reported that the phone was found some distance from the car in the grass. It has been discussed here. I also would use caution in connection too many unclear dots in assuming that the words "outside the car" means RIGHT outside the car. I think we all jumped to that conclusion in the beginning and understandably so. But at this point, I think that may not be as clear.

yes. I am not in a position to go look but it was reported that the phone was found some distance from the car in the grass. It has been discussed here. I also would use caution in connection too many unclear dots in assuming that the words "outside the car" means RIGHT outside the car. I think we all jumped to that conclusion in the beginning and understandably so. But at this point, I think that may not be as clear.
I think I may have read same article/report as you from media, but information straight from the Hoover PD states:

Hoover Police officers arrived on scene within five minutes of being dispatched, and several other officers arrived shortly behind. They located Carlee’s wig, cell phone and purse on the roadway near her vehicle, and Carlee’s Apple Watch was in her purse.

Source: update on carlee russell case - Hoover Police Department

At first I thought I was remembering something from early on in the case, and it has maybe been updated to reflect what you remembering reading (re: location of phone), but at the site I posted, Hoover PD has updated the page on an ongoing basis as new info becomes available, and their words regarding location of phone upon their (HPD) arrival on the scene has not changed. Also- I would agree that their description of the phone as being "near her vehicle" is not specific in terms of distance, but in my opinion it is not the same as the phone being found some distance from her car in the grass.

Agree. I think by now they should be "able to do so". It's time.
First of all, we don't know that they haven't been talking to her this whole time but as to the "it's time" comment, how could you possibly know that?

It depends on how she is doing. If she's really traumatized, making her relive anything that may have happened could make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper