Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you see that

A 25-year-old woman who vanished from the side of an Alabama interstate after calling 911 to report seeing a toddler there is now home safe, but police have not released details about what happened to her or where she was during their two-day search.

#JB will be talking about it soon. Not sure if its going to be live stream.

Last edited:
It does happen. Watch the movie, "Sound of Freedom," out in movie theaters now. We live in Texas, and I was shocked to read about the teenager abducted from the Mavericks' game at a crowded stadium. The parents are the ones who found their daughter, not the police!! So, if it can happen at a crowded stadium, I'd say that it can happen anywhere. Parents speak out after their 15-year-old disappeared from a Mavericks game with sex traffickers

JMO.
What a terrifying ordeal! Yeah, I don't believe for a minute that you can classify trafficking into a little nutshell of a checklist and automatically rule it out. This case cited in Dallas goes against all those checklists we see constantly and proves that there is not a predictable pattern. How many other girls and boys classified as runaways due to their race and socioeconomic status are victims of this?

What a terrifying ordeal! Yeah, I don't believe for a minute that you can classify trafficking into a little nutshell of a checklist and automatically rule it out. This case cited in Dallas goes against all those checklists we see constantly and proves that there is not a predictable pattern. How many other girls and boys classified as runaways due to their race and socioeconomic status are victims of this?
Exactly. It is very sad. There are "thousands" of missing kids in our own country. I live in my own little bubble. I would never have thought this type of thing was possible. I also didn't realize that child sex trafficking was a $150 billion industry with the U.S. being its biggest consumer. Very tragic.

JMO.

Of course there are fringe and outlier cases of literally any category of crime. However, trafficking is usually a very organized crime syndicate. Again, some of us speaking on this have been trained in the topic and aren't just pulling magical stories out of our butts, so to speak. It is frustrating because I have worked with sex trafficking victims who are in recovery and I can tell you that they really despise the false narrative surrounding trafficking. It's almost always a romance scam, grooming, promising a better life, "nobody understands you like I do", "do this for us", etc. Think Andrew Tate.

Is it possible they did fire her?
That is true. I will say, in my experience, when I’ve worked at places where employees have been caught stealing, both times, loss prevention called the police and had them arrested in addition to firing them. (2 different companies) This is probably more common in corporate places, but I would imagine other places do it too because it makes it easier to guarantee that the money is paid back.

I’m wondering why we wouldn’t have heard that she was fired already if that was the case. The statement from her job seemed to imply to me that she still worked there. But it was vague so I’m honestly not sure

JMO

I don't know if I misinterpreted your statement; however, child trafficking is not a myth. The movie, "Sound of Freedom," is based on Tim Ballard's life of saving these victims. It is unfortunately big business, with some children from the poorest countries being the victims.

The sad thing is with Carlee and her image is that, if this is a self-imposed hoax, the truth behind her facade of being a smart, beautiful and responsible person will be exposed for the world to see.

If this is a hoax, it will be interesting to see if her parents double down on Carlee's version of events or support the police department's findings after many hours of investigating this case. The police will have a lot of evidence. I just hope that they share it at this news conference.

It won't surprise me if the Red Roof Inn comes into play. From my way of thinking, Carlee didn't walk all over town across highways and interstates. She had to stay somewhere, either at a hotel or with someone. If she had help, did that person panic and come forward after this case went nationwide?

If this is a hoax, their daughter needs help. She is 25 years old, an adult. Why, with a college education, is she still living at home? Why isn't she out on her own? I read that she works "part time" at the spa. That can't bring in much income.

If the parents don't get their daughter help now, after this extreme stunt, I'm afraid that it might seal her fate. So, I hope that they will do the right thing.

CR needs to be held responsible for her actions. All of this time and resources could have been used to help a victim who truly was in need. The sad outcome is if this type of event does happen in the future, it will make people stop and wonder if this is real or a hoax "like the CR case."

JMO.
The poster didn’t say that child trafficking is a myth. Just that trafficking does not happen like social media likes to imply

In this current economic climate, it’s not surprising that more young people are not moving out on their own. Inflation is rampant, rent prices are soaring, and jobs are not paying enough for someone to be able to necessarily live on their own, depending on location.

Nursing school is full-time. It is difficult to work and go to nursing school at the same time. At the age of 41. I moved back into my parents home with my two children, because there was no way I could work full-time and go to nursing school full-time. I did pay rent, and helped them out because I worked part time. Without their help, I could never have gone to school.

Her living at home has no bearing on this, especially in this economic climate, and with what she was doing for school

Exactly. It is very sad. There are "thousands" of missing kids in our own country. I live in my own little bubble. I would never have thought this type of thing was possible. I also didn't realize that child sex trafficking was a $150 billion industry with the U.S. being its biggest consumer. Very tragic.

JMO.
You are indeed correct about the money figure. It's really devastating and disturbing. Here is a PDF regarding what our country is doing to fight human trafficking (Countering Human Trafficking: Annual Report), if you're interested. It's next to impossible for many "normal" citizens to spot legitimate human trafficking because oftentimes it looks like a homeless couple who's on drugs, etc., which of course are two additional epidemics in this country. Carlee's situation does not fit into human trafficking in any sense.

I don't know if I misinterpreted your statement; however, child trafficking is not a myth. The movie, "Sound of Freedom," is based on Tim Ballard's life of saving these victims. It is unfortunately big business with some children from the poorest countries being the victims.

The sad thing is with Carlee and her image is that, if this is a self-imposed hoax, the truth behind her facade of being a smart, beautiful and responsible person will be exposed for the world to see.

If this is a hoax, and the police will have all of the evidence, because there are cameras everywhere, and it seems from what we now know (before the news conference) that her steps are documented, her parents, who are professionals can either stand by this ridiculous story or apologize to the public. It will be interesting to see if they double down on the police department and the many hours that they have spent investigating this case.

If this is a hoax, their daughter needs help. She is 25 years old, an adult. Why, with a college education, is she still living at home? Why isn't she out on her own? I read that she works "part time" at the spa. That can't bring in much income.

If the parents don't get their daughter help now, after this extreme stunt, I'm afraid that it might seal her fate. So, I hope that they will do the right thing.

CR needs to be held responsible for her actions. All of this time and resources could have been used to help a victim who truly was in need. The sad outcome is if this type of event does happen in the future, it will make people stop and wonder if this is real or a hoax "like the CR case."

JMO.
Yes. That’s a misinterpretation. IMO, trafficking doesn’t follow the arc presented here (child used as bait, stranger abducting someone off the road to put into trafficking, etc. That last one is exceedingly rare. That first one hasn’t happened to my knowledge).

Human trafficking usually involves developing world movement of people for purposes of servitude of one kind or another, sometimes to developed nations.

In the case of sex trafficking in the US, it tends to involve one or more of the following factors:

1. Sex workers who “voluntarily” engage in the business.

2. At risk youth who typically are at least a couple of the following:
  • LGBTQ
  • Mentally ill
  • Suffering addiction issues
  • Abused/neglected
  • Kicked out or runaway
  • Adolescents/teens
  • People of color or immigrants
  • Impoverished
3. At risk youth groomed via the internet or by people they know. Usually it’s over a long time period.

Traffickers know who to pick. They want compliant, defeated, marginalized victims. Not educated, stable adults with tons of family/community support or beloved, extremely well-cared for little children snatched from a mall. They need people who are easy to control and that the whole world isn’t looking for.

Those tropes play on deep-seated fears that parents and women can have, as well as “white slavery” myths (like in the movie “Taken”) that feed on fears of the “other” and resistance to women’s independence. They go far back to the late 1800’s/early 1900’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper