Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her tweet saying she loves her job could be an attempt at damage control on her part, or she was saying that because they caught her and she wasn't fired... who knows?
Someone posted a link to just Carlee's Twitter posts. One of them says that her job gets on her nerves. The overall tone I got was: Her boyfriend may have been cheating. She hated her job. She wanted a family now. Could be wrong, but that is what I read in her Tweets.

Someone posted a link to just Carlee's Twitter posts. One of them says that her job gets on her nerves. The overall tone I got was: Her boyfriend may have been cheating. She hated her job. She wanted a family now. Could be wrong, but that is what I read in her Tweets.
It could be that she felt overwhelmed by all of that and just snapped.

Let's see what the <modsnip: offensive> says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what type of "nursing" she was studying? She could have been in an RN program, an LVN program or a nursing aid program.
I don't know; and I also don't know what she told her parents. All I know is that I saw a Facebook post from her encouraging people not to ever quit trying and that she had finally been accepted into the UAB Nursing Program in 2020. I don't know if this was true at one time; however, it doesn't seem to be accurate now.

JMO.

Does anyone know who first made the case public? Was it her family via social media, was it the news, did the police initiate it?

I have been holding out hope that this was not a hoax, that she was not lying, etc. however, when I saw the interview with her parents, her father IMO looked like he didn’t believe what his wife was saying but that he was going along with it, for whatever unbeknownst reason to me.

Hopefully this upcoming press conference will answer all of our questions and speculation.

Carlee Russell press conference | Hoover, Alabama police update​

Police in Alabama are offering several new details in the case of a woman who reported a toddler walking down the interstate and then went missing last week, capturing national attention, before arriving back home on Saturday night. …

Going to be a lot of disappointment if LE doesn't release more information and answer many questions that folks have. Listening to Jennifer on JB's link and she thinks they already know what happened and that we are going to hear about it.

That's what she should do, but doubtful she'll do it.

In her head what she did, the actions she took throughout this whole ordeal were better than facing whatever she's running from.

Problem is when someone is running, the issue just snowballs, and is much, much worse when it finally catches up with the person. Rather than having faced whatever she running from.

It's going to be a long day waiting for the presser.
I was taking to my 19 yo (FT college student & PT job) about this case and that I thought it may be a hoax. She said “if it’s a hoax, she didn’t solve her problems. She paused them and then compounded them.”

Then what’s this?

Yes, I have it live on WESH:

I respectfully disagree. I feel it is more of a cultural expectation at least in the U.S. for kids to move out and be independent at 18. In countries other than the U.S., it’s common and normal for multiple generations to share a household, or for kids to stay with their parents until they get married. Regardless, I admire that you were able to move out and work hard to be independent at such a young age

JMO
It used to be a cultural expectation. Within the past decade, living with your parents longer has been on the rise. @AngTxGal is right in that much of it is due to inflation, the rise of housing costs, wages not keeping pace, etc.

58% of young adults (defined as 18-24 by the US Census Bureau) are still living with their parents. Carlee is 25. Not unusual in today's society, and no one should be judged for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321