Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She intended to alert authorities and start a futile search if she was googling amber alerts.

jmo
Yep. Way to show premeditation, Carlee! She must've really thought she'd get away with this, and she must not know that police can look at your phone history (she doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed - hope that's ok to say since our victim turned out to be the criminal herself).

Extremely well done presser. We've seen all sorts of pressers and this was a good one. Well handled.

jmo
Also, I commend their work and their timing, not coming forward with the facts of the matter too soon. It gives the impression that they wanted to have everything lined up to be able to come forward and say for sure there isn't a threat for the neighborhood, while avoiding discrediting her story publicly for as long as possible. That would've looked really bad, imho.

She doesn't get the firing squad over this, but her actions are appalling and criminal. The resources focused on her and pulled away from other cases or real-time emergencies infuriates me. Most departments are stretched thin already. The total price tag on Operation Find Carlee will be astonishing. I'm not angry with her parents; their daughter was in trouble regardless of whether they believed her or not. This should not destroy her life, but she needs help, a reality check, and whatever legal punishment comes her way. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi