Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in this situation once. Thanks if that was you!! I left him and a whole lot better now. :) Chances slim it was you but thanks to you kind hearted people that help.

I once gave a woman a ride who seemed lost. She ended up being super creepy and chanting in some other language and leading me down some weird road. She didn't do anything to me but I was extremely lucky in both situations.
Oh wow both scenarios sound very scary to me -- I'm glad you're okay and doing well! How wild would it be if we had actually crossed paths back then?!

While staying victim-friendly, I would say that in a purely hypothetical scenario, one motivation someone would have to fabricate a situation that draws a lot of attention is to pull attention away from something else they may not want others to know about.

I think we’ve seen that before with other cases, where someone has some sort of big problem or secret they don’t want their loved ones to know about — so they orchestrate a big drama in which they are perceived to be at serious risk — and then when they come home like the prodigal son, their family is just happy they’re alive so they’re willing to overlook the initial problem.

I think one thing is clear in this case, that Carlee has an incredibly supportive family. She’s very lucky that way.
Good points! That very well might be the case here -- thanks for sharing your thoughts. And I couldn't agree more with your last point. Her parents seems like lovely people. No matter what happened, I'm sure they'll help her in any way they can.

If this went down like Carlee said it went down, why are they investigating what led up to her disappearance?

That's actually the piece that's normal. IMO, anytime someone disappears, they have to investigate where they were and who they were with/what they were doing before the disappearance.

Court TV guest is reporting CR was allegedly caught stealing from work (assuming the Day Spa) on Thursday and that she had failed her nursing course. If true, these would be significant events where she might not want to go home and face her family. IMO, ^^this, coupled with CR's recent Tweets have me leaning more towards a mental health issue than a toddler on the interstate. JMO

Last edited:
I love her parents. Those two are loyal. I think there are complex cultural forces at play here, and complex notions of what is truth and what is shame, and I think that Carlee needs all the goodwill and positive reinforcement she can get. I am going to guess, and this is entirely a guess and MOO, that UAB BS to RN had not been going that well. I hope someone now steps in and helps chart a new path to an outcome she feels is satisfying, dignified and suited to her desires.
If it is okay to say that school might not have been going well for her, on the flip side, might it also be okay to say that perhaps, instead, work might not have been going well for her? This is entirely a guess and MOO that maybe work had not been going that well.

Court TV is reporting CR was allegedly caught stealing from work (assuming the Day Spa) on Thursday and that she had failed her nursing course. If true, these would be significant events where she might not want to go home and face her family. IMO, ^^this, coupled with CR's recent Tweets have me leaning more towards a mental health issue than a toddler on the interstate. JMO

I’m reluctant to write this but many a parent has discovered a child has substance abuse issues only after unusual behaviour arises, including problems such as theft and flunking courses.

The spa put out a statement:

“Our greatest concern has always been the well-being of Carlee and her safe return. Woodhouse Spa employees have been deeply impacted by the events that transpired but are now ecstatic with the news of Carlee’s return home. Our employees worked extremely hard through very tough times keeping guests happy while dealing with the fact that their co-worker was missing," said C. Stuart Rome, owner of Woodhouse Spa Birmingham.

"We’ve been working with the Hoover Police Department since Friday morning, the morning following Carlee’s disappearance, in order to come up with any information that would help the investigation. Everything we uncovered is in the position of the Hoover Police Department. We understand the investigation is in a very sensitive state and do not want to release any details that could jeopardize the investigation. Leaks, both true and untrue, can have a devastating impact on any investigation," said Rome. "We understand there are many posts on social media claiming certain information to be true. Some items are factual while others are not. Please rest assured that the Hoover Police Department is working around the clock to bring this case to conclusion. We have great confidence in the investigators and expect a resolution soon."

To me, it sounds like they know exactly what happened.
ref: The employers statement.

“We understand there are many posts on social media claiming certain information to be true. Some items are factual while others are not“Please rest assured that the Hoover Police Department is working around the clock…

The mother herself said the RRI thing was fake, as per her last statement.
A lot of things have been said by friends and family (who may very well simply be saying what they genuinely think to be correct and may or may not have the relevant information), we will see where the police investigation lands.

Court TV guest is reporting CR was allegedly caught stealing from work (assuming the Day Spa) on Thursday and that she had failed her nursing course. If true, these would be significant events where she might not want to go home and face her family. IMO, ^^this, coupled with CR's recent Tweets have me leaning more towards a mental health issue than a toddler on the interstate. JMO
Which part was fake per the mother? That Carlee didn't call the family and say she was at RRI? Or did she say that a RRI employee calling 911 and reporting 6 cars of family members there looking for Carlee was fake? Did RRI deny calling in? Did LE also refute all of the above?

Honest questions, I am behind and haven't listened through the Today interview in its entirety.

Go to video interview with parents at bottom of page at link -

Mom says Carlee told her the restaurant screwed up the order - they left one of the meals off. She told her Mom she would give her the meal. Maybe that's why she stopped at Target for snacks?

Why stop at Target for snacks because the restaurant forgot one of your your meals. Why not just drive thru some fast food place and get some real food.

I’m reluctant to write this but many a parent has discovered a child has substance abuse issues only after unusual behaviour arises, including problems such as theft and flunking courses.
Adding to her stress, she also had a brief interaction ( cause unknown)with a Police Deparment earlier in the day.

If she’s had the same phone number for some time, it’s honestly possible that someone may have found her phone number via public records online if they were intent on doing this. I honestly have no idea though. Maybe I would just rather believe that a stranger would be cruel than someone who’s close to Carlee’s family.

JMO
Her mom probably gave her number out in posts and any video pleas. She will have to change that number now.

I'm not sure it would have to be a mental health issue. Could be she made some bad choices and rather than facing them, she caused a distraction. Time will tell <moo>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy