Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, an MA in psychology? Good luck getting a decent job after this. Every background check is going to bring this up. What employers want this kind of drama? She will be about as employable Jussie Smollett, who has only done one project, which I think was probably financed by his Mother, in the years since his fake assault.

Theft as well? From an employer, no less. Sure, how many employers will line up to hire her?

This is just so interesting to me, why people who seemingly have excellent lives, create this type of drama. Borderline Personality Disorder? Some sort of psychological disorder, to do this, attention seeking? It is apparently such a common occurrence that the FBI has a task force that specializes in "Fake Crime Reporting'.
Thank you. Spot on.

a very big issue is WHY
why was this dealed with in the highest profile manner where the real missing cases are hardely looked at untill after a while
!!
i mean how ironic
I think the really unique circumstances of the situation. Good Samaritan goes missing in the middle of doing a good deed...

Also, I have to hand it to the Hoover P.D. They used every resource they could as quickly as they could. I'm really impressed by this department.

I noticed her daddy tweets go all the way back to 2012. She would have been what, 14 years old? Tweeting stuff at least daily, with virtually no replies to her tweets. I mean, what’s the point? I guess she just wanted to tweet.
When I was 8 years old I told my new neighbors my dad was John Wayne. I didn't see him a lot because he was in Hollywood making movies, but the next time he came home I was going to invite them over to meet him. Turns out, I was a terrible liar and no one believed a word of it, because it's utter nonsense. Funny thing is, my mom did actually have a framed portrait of him on the living room wall (she was a huge fan, lol) so if my neighbors ever did come over, that might have been a surprise for them.

This is a young woman who lied about a kid on the side of the highway, lied about being abducted, lied about being held against her will, basically lied about everything that allegedly happened in the 49 hours she was "missing", stole from her (now former) place of employment and suddenly everyone believes what she's tweeting about her daddy?

I feel sorrowful for her parents. They must be feeling utterly humiliated.

Criminal activity doesn't at all necessarily mean mental health crisis. We don't do this for drunk drivers or murderers. To me, the search terms equate to dishonest thief who may or may not have mental illness in addition to being dishonest and a thief.

Completely agree! We have to unlink mental health with bad behavior, deception, and criminality. The majority of people with mental illness (and some have severe and disabling mental illness) are law-abiding citizens.

I want her behind bars, in a cell with no a/c, jail food, a cell mate that is living in the real world, no privileges and being watched 24/7 and then I want her doing community service - physical service not money or restitution. She needs to be knocked down
RSBM
Do you mean "knocked down" physically (incarcerated without A/C, ceaseless surveillance, poor nutrition, physical labor)
or mentally (as it seems she already is)?
How is this woman going to recover? She is now the laughing stock of the Internet. People are being so mean. I get that they are upset. I’m upset. Dozens and dozens of members launch threads or post comments for hundreds of missing people every day that don’t even receive replies. Current and forgotten about missing children, women and men. We keep doing because we care. Lots of us have had family members found missing or dead. It’s the reason many of us continue to do it every single day. This case will not deter me or others from hoping and wanting the missing found safe.
People don't want her to ever recover, they simply want her to be punished. I think this emotional reaction stems from having gained public sympathy initially. It's easier for some people to have empathy for a victim of outside forces instead of within. Suddenly the compassion from the public is gone, even if she was suicidal or mentally ill.

Her criminal actions should have the adequate legal repercussions. She also needs mental help.

Derzis said investigators uncovered other internet searches that appeared to shed light on Russell's state of mind but that police were not releasing them out of respect for her privacy.
IMHO I wonder if some of her google searches that revealed her state of mind were related to depression/suicide. Was she planning on suicide and didn't want her family to know? She wanted them to think she went missing while playing the hero? Why worry about the cost of an Amber Alert if you are dead, unless you are concerned with how it will affect her family? Why suddenly steal such a small amount of money from your employer without a history of criminal behavior, unless you knew you would never have to face them again?

How much did she steal? A robe, around $100 from the till, or is there more?

Oh man do I feel bad for her parents. They went from being absolutely terrified for their child to defending her to probably being mortified and embarrassed.
I don’t blame them at all for believing her or defending her. Even if she has a history of lying or being a problem or whatever, how could they not treat it as a real abduction until they knew 100% it was made up? I would have done the same. It’s their child. Maybe they’ve been enablers but maybe not. We don’t know and sometimes parents can do all the right things but a kid can still do bad things. Either way, they love her and didn‘t ask to be in this position.
What she did was cruel to all of those who love and care about her. I feel terrible that her parents have to grapple with what she did to them. :(

Just in case we start feeling too sorry for Carlee, Aniah really was kidnapped, robbed, and murdered while driving home. Her poor mother was one of the volunteers searching.
Wow, I can't imagine what feelings this case brought up for her, but she pushed through them to help another family look for their "missing" daughter. What an amazing lady.

a very big issue is WHY
why was this dealed with in the highest profile manner where the real missing cases are hardely looked at untill after a while
!!
i mean how ironic
Sensationalist case, baby on the highway, 911 call then screams, accomplished person, training to be a nurse, Good family, the red mercedes, plus she is beautiful!

a very big issue is WHY
!!
i mean how ironic
I think it's partly because it is Hoover. They are highly competent. (FYI, I don't live in Hoover, but in an adjacent community.) Some of the other communities around here have a completely different attitude.

Her July 10 Twitter entry mentions her boyfriend cheated on her. I think that was the nexus for what she did. It was a poorly thought out plan to punish and frighten him. She sounds very high maintenance with her quest for pink Rolexes, etc.

I've known a couple of women who drove the men in their lives away for their constant desire for material possessions whether that be a bigger home, a flashier car, and an unending supply of cash. They don't get it when they are left for someone not as attractive, maybe even older than them. They engage in self destructive behavior which affects their children.
Totally agree. Sadly social media promotes all this bad behavior.

RSBM
Do you mean "knocked down" physically (incarcerated without A/C, ceaseless surveillance, poor nutrition, physical labor)
or mentally (as it seems she already is)?

People don't want her to ever recover, they simply want her to be punished. I think this emotional reaction stems from having gained public sympathy initially. It's easier for some people to have empathy for a victim of outside forces instead of within. Suddenly the compassion from the public is gone, even if she was suicidal or mentally ill.

Her criminal actions should have the adequate legal repercussions. She also needs mental help.

Derzis said investigators uncovered other internet searches that appeared to shed light on Russell's state of mind but that police were not releasing them out of respect for her privacy.
IMHO I wonder if some of her google searches that revealed her state of mind were related to depression/suicide. Was she planning on suicide and didn't want her family to know? She wanted them to think she went missing while playing the hero? Why worry about the cost of an Amber Alert if you are dead, unless you are concerned with how it will affect her family? Why suddenly steal such a small amount of money from your employer without a history of criminal behavior, unless you knew you would never have to face them again?

How much did she steal? A robe, around $100 from the till, or is there more?
BBM - of course I don't want her to be physically harmed,
"knocked down" to me means an attitude adjustment and held accountable for her bad behavior. JMO

Great points. I was talking about this case tonight with family. What type of person creates such an elaborate scenario and then has to keep up the charade for days or longer, in order to get attention or deal with stress or whatever? It’s fascinating and frustrating.

It is disordered thinking, right? Bizarre.

Snipped by me.

It isn't disordered thinking in a clinical sense. If it was, then even someone who cheated on a history test would be considered to have disordered thinking. Clinically, disordered thinking means pathological thought patterns that effect thought process and content, such as delusions, paranoia, thought blocking, etc. Planning out schemes doesn't fit with that. In fact, disordered thinking in the context of mental illness is often debilitating enough that the person experiencing it can't premeditate and plan such activity.

Completely agree! We have to unlink mental health with bad behavior, deception, and criminality. The majority of people with mental illness (and some have severe and disabling mental illness) are law-abiding citizens.
Thank you for this. I don't understand why in certain cases, the public immediately blames the criminal actions of a person on their fragile mental health. Maybe it's because it makes us feel better if we have something to blame, something that is beyond the person's control?

Maybe because it's harder to accept that some people are just flipping terrible, self-centered people, that purposefully and intentionally do terrible, self-centered things.

Maybe we need a new category called Moral Health, and stop blaming criminal actions on mental health.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member