Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, after I was able to thankfully read the transcript of the presser ( Thanks @Allabouttrial and @Seattle1 ) I did some experimenting on my own. I gathered a box of Cheez-it from my pantry, and after shoving a few in my mouth :) , I studied the size and consistency of said little toasted cheese cracker. One is approximately a half inch square, with what could be considered sharp and pointy edges/corners. After exerting just the right amount of pressure ( so as not to crush the little thing) I observed that you could indeed cut your own lip with a Cheez-it. !!!!!

Mechanism of Injury solved?
Perhaps...

:rolleyes:
;):cool:
Thank you for your sacrifice, LOL,Dangerous little things, aren't they?

While Hoover PD has been commended for their work on this case, it seems they’re in no rush to lay charges. They must have a good reason to be treading so lightly while the SM sharks are out for blood.

So once again I‘m contemplating the possibility Carlee had initially intended to take her life by suicide and for some reason changed her mind. Better to leave her parents with the memory of a random stranger kidnapping and murdering her instead of suicide, if that indeed was her ultimate plan. Later what else to do but create a fake story….we can know creative writing isn’t in her future. JMO

When asked if law enforcement was planning on charging Ms Russell on Wednesday, Mr Derzis replied: “To be perfectly honest with you, that hasn’t even entered our mind or been discussed.”

Keep in mind Carlee was released from the hospital a few hours at most after she returned. She was deemed well enough to be released. If she wanted to harm herself why return home, and why not do what she could to remain in the hospital?

While Hoover PD has been commended for their work on this case, it seems they’re in no rush to lay charges. They must have a good reason to be treading so lightly while the SM sharks are out for blood.

So once again I‘m contemplating the possibility Carlee had initially intended to take her life by suicide and for some reason changed her mind. Better to leave her parents with the memory of a random stranger kidnapping and murdering her instead of suicide, if that indeed was her ultimate plan. Later what else to do but create a fake story….we can know creative writing isn’t in her future. JMO

When asked if law enforcement was planning on charging Ms Russell on Wednesday, Mr Derzis replied: “To be perfectly honest with you, that hasn’t even entered our mind or been discussed.”
That’s a very good point that I hadn’t thought of. But a very bad idea for her and the parents not to deal with it. It will resurface and might not turn out as well. IMO

but they had already had the trip planned.

Have we had a MP case where the family had a previously planned trip, a child went missing and then miraculously a tip came in directing them to the location planned for a trip?

Idk.... None of this makes sense. once I contacted LE and told them I thought I had to report my son missing. I was so beside myself I couldn't hold it together and was crying while speaking with LE in person. There is NO way I could have traveled or driven anywhere. Fortunately the officer reached my son by using his cell phone, because my son wasn't answering for me or anyone else in our family.

I can't begin to imagine continuing on any previously planned trip, lead or no lead. I would have called my local LE to follow up on the tip in an out of state jurisdiction.

This whole thing is bizarre.

Keep in mind Carlee was released from the hospital a few hours at most after she returned. She was deemed well enough to be released. If she wanted to harm herself why return home, and why not do what she could to remain in the hospital?

In order to remain in hospital she’d have to admit to mental issues. Maybe she just wasn’t ready? Maybe she’d never admit it to anyone. If the google searches related to suicide, LE would know (question would be if that was part of the set up).

Her father did make an attempt at insinuating things weren’t all okay with her, maybe she‘s been readmitted?

“Carlos Russell, her father, added that she has been struggling with “bad dreams” and “moments where some things make her cringe, afraid,” since returning to her family. “Just different things that trigger [her],” he stated.”

In order to remain in hospital she’d have to admit to mental issues. Maybe she just wasn’t ready? Maybe she’d never admit it to anyone. If the google searches related to suicide, LE would know (question would be if that was part of the set up).

Her father did make an attempt at insinuating things weren’t all okay with her, maybe she‘s been readmitted?

“Carlos Russell, her father, added that she has been struggling with “bad dreams” and “moments where some things make her cringe, afraid,” since returning to her family. “Just different things that trigger [her],” he stated.”

I'd imagine the thought of repercussions and how she could have planned better would cause her to have a few bad dreams, cringe.

Just a note about the family following up on leads themselves versus contacting LE…keep in mind there are many people that do not trust LE. If the family didn’t feel LE was doing everything possible they probably took it upon themselves to look into things. We’ve seen this in many other cases.

********************* @shotgun09 Took One for the Team. *******************

In the interests of scientific research and at risk of grievous bodily harm, @shotgun09 ingested multiple Cheez-Its to determine whether these snack crackers could cause injury to lips, as described in MSM.

A round of applause, please, w likes and loves for our very own long time Websleuther who ventured where no other members dared to to go.

THANK YOU, shotgun09.

wink ;-)

I did some experimenting ... Cheez-it... shoving a few in my mouth :)... sharp and pointy edges/corners. ... I observed that you could indeed cut your own lip with a Cheez-it. !!!!!
Mechanism of Injury solved?
Perhaps...:rolleyes: ;):cool:
snipped for focus.

Family of 'MisPers' Taking Trip?
Have we had a MP case where the family had a previously planned trip, a child went missing and then miraculously a tip came in directing them to the location planned for a trip? ....
I can't begin to imagine continuing on any previously planned trip, lead or no lead. I would have called my local LE to follow up on the tip in an out of state jurisdiction.
.... This whole thing is bizarre.
snipped for focus. @Cubby Re your Q, I can't recall any fam of MisPers taking trip.

FWIW, looks like ~140 mi. Birmingham to Atlanta drive is 2 hr, 10 min.*
Could vary, depending on specific Atlanta area.

But, as you said, whole thing is bizarre.
imo

map at birmingham al to atlanta ga driving distance - Google Search

<modsnip - quoted post, response was off topic>

I’ve no evidence to support but highly suspect the family is relying on an “advocate” in their actions and of course an attorney, which sometimes only complicate situation more. The Russell’s are in a very difficult situation that is the result of their daughter’s over the top bizarre behavior. I question if the parents have truly processed the extent of her deceit and dishonesty. Then, she obviously influenced the appearance on national television, which lead wolves to their door. This will follow her the remainder of her life as it does the Atlanta Runaway Bride who continues to have news updates on where she is now-I guess the positive is, she’s alive at home in Gainesville. Then, let’s not forget the Mother who is begging for help and pleading for her Son to return home to her. Well, her Son planned the perfect escape from pending military court martial back stateside, he sprinted, running really fast into narrow border cross opening to North Korea, whose military guards took him into custody- what part of the plan seemed logical? It’s probably best to accept that when a person or even an animal is corned they will most likely run- escape! It’s not even relevant to know the actual trigger that caused the flight reaction, we didn’t live that experience of the force of emotion inside the US Soldier that propelled him into North Korea without any concept of reality for life altering decisions. My heart breaks for his Mom, look of disbelief, probably in shock. MSM reported she previously suffered loss of another son, still grieving loss.
So, I hope your daughter realizes the enormous love for ensuring her care and safety. Wishing positive results for you both.

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads