Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link anywhere for the entire press conference held the other day, when the LE man in purple suit gave all details he could? I would love to watch this again. I watched it live, and did not record. I recall picking up my jaw a few times though...

;)
They ran it live on their fb page. So it may still be there

I never imagined myself packing snacks but up until Covid, I traveled fairly extensively for work. Over the years, I learned my diet when traveling made a big difference in just about everything -- from jet lag to my skin. It's kind of funny to hear somebody at home rummaging through the pantry looking for tuna, and another yell 'Check Mom's suitcase!'
Those tuna packets instead of cans are pretty darn awesome lol

I’m not buying that she was suicidal. If that were the case why would she still lie to investigators about what supposedly happened to her? However, she is a master manipulator IMO so if a sad suicide saga would get her out of legal trouble, I have no doubt she would use it.
MOO

I would withhold judgement on that as a possibility. Many people who have extremely religious parents would never admit it.

To me, what she did seems serious. Especially as it became a national story.
Considering the things people are jailed for, it would be strange if there wasn’t any potential jail time for her actions. MOO
How does jailing her help? I'm not sure what the point would be. The crimes people have listed are mainly misdemeanors. Does she have a history or record?

This is one of the things that doesn’t make sense to me. Her mother states that she received a text ( I believe she first said call iirc) from someone she thought was Carlee. Six carloads of people show up at the motel ( according to the clerk who called 911). The family said that they then started knocking on doors but Carlee was not at the motel. How would you know? People don’t have to open the door just because you knock. Maybe not all the rooms had the renters in them while you were knocking. You wouldn’t be able to search the room so you’d really have no clue who was inside. And IF any of that was true, don’t you think the police would have searched the hotel? I mean at that point there was supposed to be a missing toddler and young woman. That story makes absolutely zero sense IMO

I think only in old movies can police bang on the hotel room door and demand occupants to open up, especially without a search warrant. A hotel room is considered the same as a temporary residence iirc.

And wasn’t it said the specific RRI wasn’t specified in the text msg so even if by chance she was waiting to be picked up, how did the family know which one she was at? In their desperation they just chose to go to the closest one? Until/unless LE discloses more info about the text msg we really know little or nothing.

I’m reluctant to judge the family’s actions while Carlee was still missing assuming they must’ve been absolutely panicked and frantic. In such a state people are often not thinking rationally. JMO

Last edited:
The issue I have with this is the RRI hotel staff were overwhelmed when carloads of "family" showed up to investigate the tip, and not the police! IMO, that text message Mom received (by an alleged imposter) should have gone direct to LE and not the Robinson/Russell's insider group.

Same with the trip Mom and Dad mysteriously took on Friday to Atlanta, GA, based on another tip! Mom was very defensive when interviewed from the road by CBS42 on how the tip proved not viable BUT THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY PLANNED TO TRAVEL TO ATLANTA SO IT WASN'T A WASTED TRIP. (Meanwhile, hundreds of volunteers organized and started searching the abduction area in Alabama).

Again, why did the parents personally chase down a lead across the state line on Friday and not give the tip to the FBI-- already working with Hoover PD? This is completely opposite of police protocol which is trained to follow leads not to compromise the evidence or investigation.

Personally, I think I'd want to be on hand near local police investigating my missing daughter, and not in another State, especially if any evidence was located on the road, or woods that I could personally identify for authorities.

IMO, the parents kept these two leads to themselves because they wanted to be able to get to CR first, before the police -- hoping to protect CR from liability and prosecution. They knew deep down this was no abduction. They also know their daughter better than anybody else.

From the linked news video:

In response to the reporter's statement that police are looking at "all possibilities and all theories " in the disappearance of CR, Mrs. Russell defensively responded: "I'm not sure why they are looking at ALL POSSIBILITIES-- it's very clear she was abducted from the phone call that she last had with one of our relatives, and they heard her scream." And Mr. Russell added... "We're 99% sure she was abducted, and we've felt that way since the beginning."

Also, why did they rush to another city to be on a TV morning show when they were begging for privacy. Besides the interview itself was a bust.

One Roll of TP "Missing"?
I think there must have been more missing from her place of employment, because how in the world would they know that ONE roll of toilet paper and one ROBE was missing OR even care for that matter. MOO MOO MOO
@Rosiebones
Maybe, after CR's mysterious disappearance came to attn of spa management (from LE, Fri. am. maybe, IDK) the spa manager or other employee reviewed security cam footage and saw CR STEALING one roll of TP, one robe, and "other items."
And maybe spa mgr. told LE this; maybe provided copy of vid to LE.

Otherwise, as a previous post stated ---seems unlikely spa conducted daily robe & TP inventory and unlikely they knew those items were "MISSING."

Last edited:
How does jailing her help? I'm not sure what the point would be. The crimes people have listed are mainly misdemeanors. Does she have a history or record?
She misled the police, falsified information. She mislead all 911 and all members of search and rescue. Are these considered misdemeanors? That I am not sure but she needs to come clean and make amends to her community and to LE and to all families of missing loved ones.

Thank you for this! However, I find it odd that all quotes read from the Cheif's report, regarding statements made by CR shortly after she arrived home now have been muted! I have re-round, played back to no avail! Looks like possibly her lawyers have been working on this....MOO

It was muted for me too.

I think only in old movies can police bang on the hotel room door and demand occupants to open up, especially without a search warrant. A hotel room is considered the same as a temporary residence iirc.

And wasn’t it said the specific RRI wasn’t specified in the text msg so even if by chance she was waiting to be picked up, how did the family know which one she was at? In their desperation they just chose to go to the closest one? Until/unless LE discloses more info about the text msg we really know little or nothing.

I’m reluctant to judge the family’s actions while Carlee was still missing assuming they must’ve been absolutely panicked and frantic. In such a state people are often not thinking rationally. JMO
I’m not saying the police should have banged on doors. But they would have searched if they thought a missing person and toddler were there. Either way, the family certainly shouldn’t have been doing it. Not that I really think they did. IMO

She misled the police, falsified information. She mislead all 911 and all members of search and rescue. Are these considered misdemeanors? That I am not sure but she needs to come clean and make amends to her community and to LE and to all families of missing loved ones.

The reason I don't think she expected it is because she came home within 2 days. Considering that she left her cell phone behind she probably didn't really expect or realize it would blow up on a National Level. IMO she pulled a stupid publicity stunt to try to get attention from family and it went viral.

If she was truly trying to play the narrative on a public stage I don't think she'd have ended it so quickly. The fact that she did makes her story really unbelievable. She has to realize this.

I feel somewhat bad for her.

I’m not saying the police should have banged on doors. But they would have searched if they thought a missing person and toddler were there. Either way, the family certainly shouldn’t have been doing it. Not that I really think they did. IMO

You’re right, the family couldn’t have conducted a thorough search. At best even LE may’ve only been able to look through registered hotel guest info and scrutinize people coming or going.

I’m curious what the text message actually said - Depending on who sent it and if it was legitimate or not I suppose anything from “help, I’m being held hostage at RRI and they’re going to kill me” to “pick me up at RRI, I want to come home”.

Last edited:
Also, why did they rush to another city to be on a TV morning show when they were begging for privacy. Besides the interview itself was a bust.

I don’t know this for sure but it seems possible that if LE believe it will further their investigation, they might request parents to consider being featured on a national network show, their panicked and upset state of mind obvious for all to see (including maybe a daughter who LE already has reason to suspect is faking an abduction). JMO

The issue I have with this is the RRI hotel staff were overwhelmed when carloads of "family" showed up to investigate the tip, and not the police! IMO, that text message Mom received (by an alleged imposter) should have gone direct to LE and not the Robinson/Russell's insider group.

Same with the trip Mom and Dad mysteriously took on Friday to Atlanta, GA, based on another tip! Mom was very defensive when interviewed from the road by CBS42 on how the tip proved not viable BUT THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY PLANNED TO TRAVEL TO ATLANTA SO IT WASN'T A WASTED TRIP. (Meanwhile, hundreds of volunteers organized and started searching the abduction area in Alabama).

Again, why did the parents personally chase down a lead across the state line on Friday and not give the tip to the FBI-- already working with Hoover PD? This is completely opposite of police protocol which is trained to follow leads not to compromise the evidence or investigation.

Personally, I think I'd want to be on hand near local police investigating my missing daughter, and not in another State, especially if any evidence was located on the road, or woods that I could personally identify for authorities.

IMO, the parents kept these two leads to themselves because they wanted to be able to get to CR first, before the police -- hoping to protect CR from liability and prosecution. They knew deep down this was no abduction. They also know their daughter better than anybody else.

From the linked news video:

In response to the reporter's statement that police are looking at "all possibilities and all theories " in the disappearance of CR, Mrs. Russell defensively responded: "I'm not sure why they are looking at ALL POSSIBILITIES-- it's very clear she was abducted from the phone call that she last had with one of our relatives, and they heard her scream." And Mr. Russell added... "We're 99% sure she was abducted, and we've felt that way since the beginning."

I find it very telling that Mr. Russell believed it was 99% likely that she was abducted. Non numerically speaking, there's a huge gap between 99% and 100%. Wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler.

I find it very telling that Mr. Russell believed it was 99% likely that she was abducted. Non numerically speaking, there's a huge gap between 99% and 100%. Wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler.

Ok, do I understand correctly, that CR went missing Thursday evening 07/13, and her parents were in Atlanta on Friday 07/14, while volunteers were searching for their daughter back in Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper