Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't check into a chain hotel without ID. Period. Also, even if she did, she'd have to show her face. The whole town was looking for her. Hotels would be the first thing that they thought of. This is just a moot point.
I respectfully disagree. There are 3 no-name motels within 30 miles of where I live and I know for a fact that none of the 3 ask for ID. There is also a chain motel in the vicinity that only sporadically asks for ID. She'd still have to show her face though

I respectfully disagree. There are 3 no-name motels within 30 miles of where I live and I know for a fact that none of the 3 ask for ID. There is also a chain motel in the vicinity that only sporadically asks for ID. She'd still have to show her face though

Some hotels also adopted digital check in options since pandemic. + still possible someone else booked a room for her.

Bus Ticket Search
Does anyone think she actually went to Nashville? Is it possible bus ticket search was for someone else?

Red Roof Inn is not a NO NAME hotel. It's a hotel CHAIN. I stated in my post
You can't check into a hotel CHAIN without ID period. And you can't. Sporadically probably means they know the person. She can't just show up to a hotel and check in without ID. The fact that she'd want to would raise eyebrows.

There's a dive motel near us that you can as well. That's not a CHAIN
<modsnip> She's not checking in to those hotels. She could NOT have checked into THAT HOTEL without ID.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don’t want to give this woman anymore of my time. I can not give her any pass. I don’t want to click on her thread anymore yet I will occasionally click on it to the last page to see if they arrest her which I hope they do. What she did has tentacles and affected many people. We here are surrounded by so many real victims that deserve our attention and compassion. She does not. She is a self centered brat IMHO.

You can't check into a hotel CHAIN without ID period. And you can't.

I second this.
I have personally checked in to different hotels on other people's dime, and had a heck of a time when my ID didn't match the ID used on the credit card.

I think there must have been more missing from her place of employment, because how in the world would they know that ONE roll of toilet paper and one ROBE was missing OR even care for that matter. MOO MOO MOO

What if the birthday girl traveled to Atlanta celebrating with friends, living carefree in a different reality and acting like this case isn’t even happening? What if she’s telling her friends she has nothing to worry about? What if she’s telling her friends she’s having relationship problems and that the media is brainwashing her boyfriend? Would you believe it? *check out yc news

I second this.
I have personally checked in to different hotels on other people's dime, and had a heck of a time when my ID didn't match the ID used on the credit card.

Yep. And most of the time they won't let you use cash either. I think it's because they upgraded chain hotels with expensive televisions and electronics. You can't let anonymous people stay there. It's not like walking out with the bath towels. LOL Also it dissuades illegal activity.

I am in agreement with the statements regarding checking into a motel, specifically the RRI. However, in this case...what if?...CR was not the procurer of the room? As if, someone else booked the room with their name, and already had checked in. Then left, and returned later through the side door(s) with their bff CR alongside for the ride...with bathrobe, cheeze-its and plushier TP for a more pleasant experience.

SHE didn't have to use her name at all, to be a guest in the RRI. That's what I'm sayin'.

MOO and Peace

You can't check into a hotel CHAIN without ID period. And you can't. Sporadically probably means they know the person. She can't just show up to a hotel and check in without ID. The fact that she'd want to would raise eyebrows.

<modsnip> She's not checking in to those hotels. She could NOT have checked into THAT HOTEL without ID.
Once again, this is likely a case by case basis. I stay at various Hiltons. I purchase rooms for others frequently. Well over half the time, no ID is requested and NEVER if you have a digital key. Yes, the digital key is linked to someone, but not necessarily who is in the room.

I have no knowledge of a cash transaction at any hotel.

I have never stayed at that Red Roof Inn. Has anyone here actually stayed there and can attest to whether a specific type of ID is required at that particular Hotel? Would they accept any picture ID (that might have a different name than your own) Because the Hilton family chain is hit and miss for requiring ID in my 27 years of staying at the Hilton various chain hotels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in agreement with the statements regarding checking into a motel, specifically the RRI. However, in this case...what if?...CR was not the procurer of the room? As if, someone else booked the room with their name, and already had checked in. Then left, and returned later through the side door(s) with their bff CR alongside for the ride...with bathrobe, cheeze-its and plushier TP for a more pleasant experience.

SHE didn't have to use her name at all, to be a guest in the RRI. That's what I'm sayin'.

MOO and Peace

That's what I originally said as well. The hotel stay is the only thing that makes an accomplice necessary. She could have had a friend rent the hotel room and then she just sneaks in. But I would think that LE would have found a connection by now. But in case it's some rando that she knew but didn't connect with on her phone or SM maybe.
Once again, this is likely a case by case basis. I stay at various Hiltons. I purchase rooms for others frequently. Well over half the time, no ID is requested and NEVER if you have a digital key. Yes, the digital key is linked to someone, but not necessarily who is in the room.

I have no knowledge of a cash transaction at any hotel.

I have never stayed at that Red Roof Inn. Has anyone here actually stayed there and can attest to whether a specific type of ID is required at that particular Hotel? Would they accept any picture ID (that might have a different name than your own) Because the Hilton family chain is hit and miss for requiring ID in my 27 years of staying at the Hilton various chain hotels.

Again I already stated this in my original comment.

If Casey Anthony got over it, Carlee will get over it.

I don't believe the emotional drama is because she really feels it. It's a tool she uses for attention. A tool that feels good so she continues to use it.

That's what I originally said as well. The hotel stay is the only thing that makes an accomplice necessary. She could have had a friend rent the hotel room and then she just sneaks in. But I would think that LE would have found a connection by now. But in case it's some rando that she knew but didn't connect with on her phone or SM maybe.

Again I already stated this in my original comment.
That you have stayed at that Red Roof Inn? I must have missed that. My apologies.

It's really the way the details don't add up. I could see them not binding her just because they didn't have zip ties. But then why would they BLIND FOLD HER and leave her in the back of the truck. If they didn't bind her hands she could just take off the blind fold. Makes no sense.
I thought this same thing. Free hands didn’t make sense. Also naked pictures blindfolded?!?!

I really don’t want to give this woman anymore of my time. I can not give her any pass. I don’t want to click on her thread anymore yet I will occasionally click on it to the last page to see if they arrest her which I hope they do. What she did has tentacles and affected many people. We here are surrounded by so many real victims that deserve our attention and compassion. She does not. She is a self centered brat IMHO.
Color me gone too. I need to get back to normal making threads and posting for real people missing, threads that many will pass by, people that won’t ever be found, or found dead. I remember what the missing and their families go through. What it feels like. Unbelievable pain and despair. I guess you have to be one to know how it really feels. Always hoping, praying your loved one will walk through your front door. Some do. Mine didn’t. Back to work…

Is there a link anywhere for the entire press conference held the other day, when the LE man in purple suit gave all details he could? I would love to watch this again. I watched it live, and did not record. I recall picking up my jaw a few times though...

;)

If an agent is licensed in two states, they would have to be under brokers in two states also, correct? At least that's how it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20