Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all asking earlier about whether or not the employment/business of persons close to CR might be affected, her former employer, Stuart Rome of Woodhouse Spa, dealt with backlash all day, and CR no longer works there!

It's just sad. There's no upside to this selfish prank. I'm mostly sad for CR because I don't see her being able to get past the Admin Code of the Alabama Board of Nursing where there's no room for an impulsive actor, and whose behavior can't help but impair their ability to provide safe nursing care. CR's not a stupid teen doing stupid things -- she's an educated woman who obviously has too much time on her hands and lives without boundaries or accountability. MOO :(

Spa Backlash over Carlee

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said.

“Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”
That's the issue, this isn't a victim crime...so many people will be negatively affected by this stunt of hers. It all could have been avoided....and she hasn't even apologised!

I can't imagine at 25 yrs old needing attention so badly you would put your Parents through this. That is pitiful, immature, selfish and cruel.

She should be made to put some community hours in helping real parents of a missing child.

Today is CRs 26th birthday.

The hoax was intentional, planned/premeditated, and hurting her parents, family, and friends was collateral damage. It was all about CR and having her needs met takes priority. She has a disordered personality. MOO

The hoax was intentional, planned/premeditated, and hurting her parents, family, and friends was collateral damage. It was all about CR and having her needs met takes priority. She has a disordered personality. MOO
I wonder if she expected a spectacular birthday celebration, after the fight for her life. jmo

Snipped for focus.

Thanks for this! I saw a tweet she put out in January 2023 that said she was about to start her second semester of nursing school. Has anyone seen a SM post from CR noting the end of the spring 2023 semester? I saw a tweet about the end of the fall semester…but didn’t see anything from the spring (although I may have missed it).
I’m attempting to include the January tweet here…but I’m still a novice and am not sure it will embed as planned. :)
The summer session is May through Aug for the nursing program. The spring session for Nursing was Jan to May. The classes for nursing are continual. So she would have been in the summer session and third semester according to the school's website.Class Schedules

Snipped for focus.

Thanks for this! I saw a tweet she put out in January 2023 that said she was about to start her second semester of nursing school. Has anyone seen a SM post from CR noting the end of the spring 2023 semester? I saw a tweet about the end of the fall semester…but didn’t see anything from the spring (although I may have missed it).
I’m attempting to include the January tweet here…but I’m still a novice and am not sure it will embed as planned. :)

Here's a little insight into 'being in nursing school'. A two year (or four year for that matter) program is seldom that. Two years is how long the clinical part takes - but to even get accepted it is generally at LEAST a couple semesters of prerequisites, standardized nursing school admission testing, etc. (I described this in a previous post)

Virtually no one goes from high school to RN in 2 years UNLESS they have taken a LOT of dual enrollment credits during high school.

ALSO (and this is big) - we used to get family members of patients in our all the time who told us they were 'in nursing school'. 99% of the time- they were enrolled in prerequisite courses only- and had not even qualified yet for the actual clinical nursing part. (No shame in that- just not what one would generally describe as 'in nursing school')

My point is- take 'in nursing school' with a LARGE grain of salt.

Last edited:
Ok so I looked up houses for sale within the vicinity of where she pulled over. I also think it's curious that she kept slowly driving down the street instead of just pulling up in one spot. IMO it seems like she was looking for a gap in the trees or something. The neighborhood is right behind the trees. She'd be cutting through someone's backyard and then walking straight down the street to get to it.

I found one house that is an 8 minute walk from where she pulled over. (I think, I'm not sure if I'm getting the directions right. I think she said she was southbound and child was on the right.)

Anwyay I mapped it out and it's right there once she gets to the neighborhood it's a straight walk down the street. Obviously I'm not going to put the addresss up. But the one thing I found interesting is that the house has three doors for entry. Front, back, side and it has an enclosed porch with sliding vertical windows all around the porch. Not full length to the ground by maybe starting at knee length up.

It would be REALLY easy to unlock one of the windows and then come back to the house later and just slide it sideways and step right through. Or to leave one of the back doors open.

Now I'm really curious about this theory. ALL just a THEORY at this point and MOO.

Edited to add: I just looked up the listing agency and it says Listing Office Keller Williams Metro South <modsnip>
<modsnip - if you have a tip for LE, call them and don't post it on the thread>

Attachments

• walk.jpg
    walk.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

No, I just think she's a spoiled brat that never had consequences. Never in her wildest dreams did she see it playing out this way.

i just don’t see this girl (or either of my daughters) spending two hot summer nights in the mosquito infested woods off the interstate. Nor do I see her imaging herself in those woods…without a bathroom…ahh…employing that toilet paper.

I CAN see a young woman who grew up with comfort and affluence, being picky about toilet paper and bringing her own to a non-luxurious motel.

I think she had to have had help. The pull-over spot seemed pre-planned. But if she had never been there before, and had no help, how would she know, AT NIGHT, how to traverse those woods or get to a road?

Her Insty is not filled with photos of her toughing it out at Survivalist camps.
BBM. I don’t think she was outside either. She bought snacks but no WATER. It’s very hot and humid in Alabama this time of year. She wouldn’t survive outside, in the woods, without water.

My husband is super picky about his TP. He would 100% bring his own if he thought he would be staying somewhere with subpar TP.

Here's a little insight into 'being in nursing school'. A two year (or four year for that matter) program is seldom that. Two years is how long the clinical part takes - but to even get accepted it is generally at LEAST a couple semesters of prerequisites, standardized nursing school admission testing, etc. (I described this in a previous post)

Virtually no one goes from high school to RN in 2 years UNLESS they have taken a LOT of dual enrollment credits during high school.

ALSO (and this is big) - we used to get family members of patients in our all the time who told us they were 'in nursing school'. 99% of the time- they were enrolled in prerequisite courses only- and had not even qualified yet for the actual clinical nursing part. (No shame in that- just not what one would generally describe as 'in nursing school')

According to this she already had a bachelor's degree so I think she was in nursing school.

Is today CRs birthday??:cool:
She's probably celebrating her birthday today. Her parents are most likely making it a very special day for her out of gratitude that she is home. JMO
I do wonder how she is celebrating her birthday? I don't see her facing it with shame, I see her still working the sympathy angle as long as she possibly can. She probably got a new phone, lol

jmo
Heck, Daddy might buy her another new car, the red mercedes probably smells like the Greek food she left behind.

According to this she already had a bachelor's degree so I think she was in nursing school.

Doubtful. A bachelor's in Psychology is not going to have the hard sciences that nursing school admission requires. Even second-degree programs have mandated prerequisites that must be met.

Didn't she already have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology?

FWIW - How to Become a Nurse with a Psychology Degree - Psych Times

Last edited:
Any roll of TP is valuable when you need it and don't have it.

I wonder if she spent her time somewhere that didn't have TP and she was preparing (though she could've bought TP and a bathrobe at Target).

jmo
Heck, if you don't have toilet paper you'll use anything available, McDonald's cheesy paper, even.

I used to be a realtor a long time ago when the lockbox first had an electronic key code. We used a 4 digit key code for the box holding the key to drop down. It updated overnight with the local MLS via a landline.

It wouldn't be hard for Carlee to obtain her mother's info, or phone ap.... And anyone can use realtor.com or a local agencies website to see which homes are available or under contract.

I'm wondering if she hasn't been charged because LE is still investigating the possibility she used her mother's credentials to access a vacant home.

There's always a bit of truth in a lie. I think we will learn that CR did indeed stay at RRI -- just not the one her family showed up at.

I think LE is checking hotel IP addresses, apps, food deliveries, etc. They will know where she was staying, with or without CRs cooperation. I'm reading she unblocked her bf on social media not long before she showed up at home so she dropped many crumbs in her 48-hour stay-away-cation. I also think the bf is currently cooperating with LE. JMO

Hoover PD called in FBI, Secret Service, and other resources early. It's important the message gets out that you can't pull pranks like this and think you'll get away with it by being shielded at home and not answering questions.

BBM. I don’t think she was outside either. She bought snacks but no WATER. It’s very hot and humid in Alabama this time of year. She wouldn’t survive outside, in the woods, without water.

My husband is super picky about his TP. He would 100% bring his own if he thought he would be staying somewhere with subpar TP.

Do we know that she brought along no water? Or is this just your opinion?

Sadly, from the looks of things anyway, I do not believe that CR will be giving an 'apology tour' anytime soon. Although she may liken herself to some type of celebrity, heroine/victim, SM influencer etc....she is more than likely going the Jussie Smollett way. Denial. There appears to be a small wagon of supporters around her, and she will gladly soak up more of the tax payers time and money bringing this self created hoax to a trial.

You go girl.....
:rolleyes:

You are correct. My daughter has been in college a bit to get her pre-requisite courses. She got her letter of acceptance into the nursing program last month. She goes for orientation soon. There is a list of supplies- stethoscope, specific colored scrubs, pen lights etc etc. Typically, one doesn't get accepted into college & the nursing program all at the same time.

There's always a bit of truth in a lie. I think we will learn that CR did indeed stay at RRI -- just not the one her family showed up at.

I think LE is checking hotel IP addresses, apps, food deliveries, etc. They will know where she was staying, with or without CRs cooperation. I'm reading she unblocked her bf on social media not long before she showed up at home so she dropped many crumbs in her 48-hour stay-away-cation. I also think the bf is currently cooperating with LE. JMO

Hoover PD called in FBI, Secret Service, and other resources early. It's important the message gets out that you can't pull pranks like this and think you'll get away with it by being shielded at home and not answering questions.

You can't check into a hotel without ID. If she checked in and then the story broke she'd have been outed immediately. And why would you bring toilet paper to a hotel? Why buy snacks but no water?

I'm really leaning into her staying in a vacant home. They don't have toilet paper but they have toilets, they don't have food but they have water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper