Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1689423656286.jpeg
Describing the scene, Talitha said: "Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat. Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well."

Have we found any of her social media accounts? Of course it could be random, without a doubt - but I'm curious if she is having any relationship issues right now. Recent breakup? Any reason someone would be stalking her?

Putting a toddler out on a busy freeway to attract an unknown rescuer, makes zero sense. What if it's an off duty LEO, or burly dude? Super weird thing to do out on a busy highway with lots of eyes ... something's not right on first blush, too risky.
BBM
True, but maybe they were willing to take that risk.
It just seems too telling that she:
*Called 9 11
*Called family with same details
*Screamed
*Lost wig
*Left phone behind, door open, engine running

Sounds like an abduction.

View attachment 434817
Describing the scene, Talitha said: "Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat. Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well."
Very pretty.
I hope somehow she’s found quickly, and safe.

When do you all think they will release the 911 call that she made? I wonder what she sounded like when she called.
IMO they’ll keep it private for now. If it doesn’t have information that will help the public find her, there’s no reason to make it public. But IMO it would be interesting to hear her description of what she saw.

Looking at the footage of LE searching the site, I was surprised to see how high the grass was. Some of it was shoulder-high to a German shepherd. IMO it would be difficult to see a toddler in the grass clearly. One might see a little shape bobbing around, but not the whole outline of a human child. It would have been visible only if it were on the road surface or just inside the grassy area.

If a toddler had been close enough to the road to be seen, IMO, other people would have seen it.

Where I live in Georgia, several years ago, we had a missing person case. They only found her shoe. When they found her, it seems a drunk driver in a pickup truck had hit her and threw her body over the cab of his truck into the bed of the truck. He was clueless until he found her body the next morning.

He didn't report himself, but was eventually caught. I'm thinking on a busy interstate, this is a likely possibility.

<modsnip - quoted post was speculation outside the known facts of the case/victim blaming>

I just can’t get past the timeframe that she continues to stay with her car, her not knowing if the police would be there within 1 minute or the nearly 4. <modsnip> Idk, if I were planning an escape, I’d get out of the area as quickly as possible after hanging up with police.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM
True, but maybe they were willing to take that risk.
It just seems too telling that she:
*Called 9 11
*Called family with same details
*Screamed
*Lost wig
*Left phone behind, door open, engine running

Sounds like an abduction.
I know I, in my prime days, would have definitely stopped no matter what because risk taking is in my personality. It’s my cross to bear but looking back, most of those risks have paid off with personal growth rewards. Maybe Carlethia is similar. She seems responsible, successful and beautifully put together.

She would've been traveling fast, at night, along with the flow of traffic, at least 70mph. I suggest that what she saw was more an impression than a clear seeing, but it was compelling enough for her to stop, IMO on a second pass. Tall grass? How about an adult, sitting in the grass? That would give the impression of a smaller human.

She gets out, it's dark, she may see the figure, are you okay? Before it rises up, she screams, brief struggle and he pulls her into the trees. Horrible, horrible chance encounter? Crime of opportunity?

Jmo

Interstate highways most often have a high, sturdy chain-link fence on either side, running parallel to the road. This is to keep animals etc. from entering the lanes. If she was attacked and pulled into the grass, it seems she would have to be removed in another vehicle that was parked on the highway. I wonder if LE checked for openings in the fencing where she was last seem.

I thought I saw movement to the right of her car, if it’s her. It almost looked like she, or someone, walked down into the ditch.

Those screen shots are terrifying. Definitely more than just her there on the side of the road.

MOO

I hope LE can get something from that video. Surely, they can see what you all do? I can definitely see (what I think are) other figures in the still shots.

edited to add - I wish I could watch it over and over but the lights are too much for me. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member