AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the fact that they were immediately involved.
They are a federal agency, and I also found the following information:

US Secret Service- Federal Agency under Department of Homeland Security​

What types of crimes does the Secret Service investigate?

The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud, identify fraud and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions.

In response to the quoted citation, just sayin-- a daughter that didn't hesitate to let fam & friends think she was abducted, is capable of anything.

MSM long ago sleuthed family and their occupations. According to CR's Twitter, she's not shy about 'what princess wants, daddy gonna get.'

To be clear, I'm not implying or alleging anything about anyone. JMO

Looks like she had her big birthday party.

Can anyone explain why the reward money isn’t being returned to donors. Surely, Carlee is not about to be $63,000 richer due to this outrageous escapade? Is it just how the process works?

IMO, this topic will continue to be misreported because they can't bother to confirm the policies of respective Crime Stoppers.

Shortly after CR appeared to voluntarily resurface at the home of her parents on Saturday evening, I recall it was reported that C/S closed donations tied to this matter, and no disbursements were expected in this case, and instead, C/S refunded donors.

Of the $63K raised, I believe this included significant pledges from 3 donors, who requested to remain anonymous. In my experience, consistent with Crime Stoppers funding criteria (i.e., the Six C's), it's not unusual for large donors to rescind their pledges or be refunded when there's been no crime. Just the same, generally, donations from the public agree to the disclaimer that unless directed otherwise, funds not used will be reallocated to other open, ongoing investigations.

In other words, while I think it true that Crime Stoppers didn't just start sending out checks to every single donor, I'm sure if you asked your donation not be allocated to another case, your donation would be refunded. IMO, donors to Crime Stoppers contribute because they believe in the organization and its mission, and would rather their donation help another unsolved case. JMO

Funding Criteria (The Six C’s)​

Six important criteria for determining rewards.

1. Crime: A serious crime has to be committed, generally a felony, e.g. rape, robbery, and murder.
  2. Call: Crimestoppers have to receive information from the public.
  3. Code: A caller would receive a private code and a public code. He and the police officer would have both codes. This practice allows the caller to have anonymity.
  4. Computer: Information is fed into the computer to be disseminated to surrounding agencies.
  5. Capture: Caller gives information leading to an arrest/arrests of offenders/recovery of stolen property or contraband.
  6. Cash: Once an arrest has been made the caller becomes eligible for a reward requested by coordinators to Law Enforcement Advisory Board.
ETA:

Bob Copus, the local organization’s executive director, last week said some of the donations had already been returned after Russell reappeared.

Last edited:
IMO, this topic will continue to be misreported because they can't bother to confirm the policies of respective Crime Stoppers.

Shortly after CR appeared to voluntarily resurface at the home of her parents on Saturday evening, I recall it was reported that C/S closed donations tied to this matter, and no disbursements were expected in this case, and instead, C/S refunded donors.

Of the $63K raised, I believe this included significant pledges from 3 donors, who requested to remain anonymous. In my experience, consistent with Crime Stoppers funding criteria (i.e., the Six C's), it's not unusual for large donors to rescind their pledges or be refunded when there's been no crime. Just the same, generally, donations from the public agree to the disclaimer that unless directed otherwise, funds not used will be reallocated to other open, ongoing investigations.

In other words, while I think it true that Crime Stoppers didn't just start sending out checks to every single donor, I'm sure if you asked your donation not be allocated to another case, your donation would be refunded. IMO, donors to Crime Stoppers contribute because they believe in the organization and its mission, and would rather their donation help another unsolved case. JMO

Funding Criteria (The Six C’s)​

Six important criteria for determining rewards.

1. Crime: A serious crime has to be committed, generally a felony, e.g. rape, robbery, and murder.
  2. Call: Crimestoppers have to receive information from the public.
  3. Code: A caller would receive a private code and a public code. He and the police officer would have both codes. This practice allows the caller to have anonymity.
  4. Computer: Information is fed into the computer to be disseminated to surrounding agencies.
  5. Capture: Caller gives information leading to an arrest/arrests of offenders/recovery of stolen property or contraband.
  6. Cash: Once an arrest has been made the caller becomes eligible for a reward requested by coordinators to Law Enforcement Advisory Board.
Excellent info, and reassuring. Thanks for posting it.

jmo

No, no, the reward money doesn't default go to her because she "found herself", which means she might not even have been missing in the first place, lol.

I mean, I can't imagine why it would... that's fraud.

I don't know why it hasn't gone back to the donors; but it's not because it's de facto being kept somewhere in/as a trust for Carlee.

If anything, I would imagine it (or part of it) would go to the person who exposed her as a hoaxer; like someone who provided Ring cam footage.
There seems to be confusion on the mission of Crime Stoppers, and providing link for more info.

Since its inception in New Mexico, Crimestoppers has grown into international status with over 900 Crimestopper units worldwide including: United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Israel, Australia, Sierra Leone Africa, Guam, Japan, and Mexico.

They are not to be confused with any 'get money' funding site for victims (or alleged victims) of crime.

Felony Monday?

Anybody checking the local pokey?

I can never remember. Does county lock up provide luxury robes and quality TP?

If CR has a good attorney, she checked into a mental health ranch this morning.....

Will be interesting to see if today brings charges.

CR may have had her last hurrah for a while.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member