AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press keep talking about “looming charges”, but clearly something is holding them back. We can only speculate that it is either:
A. A plea deal being negotiated
OR
B. Additional investigation into other possible charges or parties.(The Chief had said that nothing was off the table regarding these when asked by media)
It has to be one or the other, IMO.

Rarely, am I annoyed when charges don't happen quickly, but in this case, wth is taking so long?

@Quill : Agreed.
I think some other prisoners weren't allowed to profit from their crimes ? (John Wayne Gacy comes to mind with his 'art'.)
The entire cost of the search for Carlee needs to be paid back in full by herself, as well as the robe, tp, and other items stolen.

I feel sorry for the mother of Aniah Blanchard who was roped into this charade.
As if she hasn't already been though enough !

Aniah's father says he feels hurt. The Russell case opened wounds for him that will never fully heal. And now he feels it's disrespectful that his daughter's name was ever brought up in this case.

Elijah Blanchard said, “This is a serious matter, and it needs to be taken seriously. So, I mean, I just ask the parents and Ms. Carlee you know, if it was something that she was going through, you owe the public an apology because this opened up so much hurt pain.”

Harris says she hopes this case won't deter people from helping and reaching out the next time someone goes missing. She says she's optimistic the Russell case will result in something positive.

Much respect to AB's dad who lost his babygirl forever !
They've both been quite gracious, though.
Considering .

Hoping the penalties will be enough for Carlee to learn a lesson from this, and deter anyone else from staging a similar hoax !
Omo.

I think her actions have completely blown any chance of her being offered meaningful employment. She'd have to change her name, and erase any trace of her previous existence.

I think her parents will continue to shelter her, and she could always work for her mother without dealing with the public face to face. Her mom could pay her a decent salary based on the success of her own RE business.

That's what I see for Carlee's future after paying her debt to society.

If she is charged and is either convicted or pleads guilty, they can make it part of her sentence that any proceeds she would make off of her crime have to go towards restitution. I'm not sure what Alabama law is but I do know that has been used in other cases to keep others from profiting from their crimes.
I'm no expert, but I doubt such a law would apply to a misdemeanor level offense. She did not murder anyone, I believe she was just trying to make her ex-boyfriend feel sorry for her and take her back. Immature, yes, dastardly behavior, no. MOO.

I wouldn't trust her in my house period...I buy top quality TP and have several very luxurious bath robes...among other treasures I would hate to see stolen by a spoiled brat. ;)

Come to think though my son dated one then married her for a few short years and she always seem to think it her right as a princess to take other people's personal things.
What's your address, again? LOL

I'm no expert, but I doubt such a law would apply to a misdemeanor level offense. She did not murder anyone, I believe she was just trying to make her ex-boyfriend feel sorry for her and take her back. Immature, yes, dastardly behavior, no. MOO.
You might be right, but I don't know that these laws only apply to murder cases. Her hoax cost her community tens of thousands of dollars in costs. They may look at that as to whether or not to apply this. No one should be able to profit from breaking the law.

Maybe it's just me but I don't care what the crime was, it should be illegal for anyone to financially profit off of their crimes. Whether it's shoplifting or murder, it doesn't matter. It's immoral, unethical and should also be illegal.

jmo

At CR's Employer/Spa, "Other Items" Stolen. What Else?
...We do not know everything that was stolen from her workplace,.... some items may have had value ?
If, for instance, someone besides her employer had been the victims of a theft, it's doubtful they would take it lightly.idk, though.Omo.
snipped for focus. @Chimera
Excellent point. The "other items" taken may have been property of other employees or spa patrons.

Patrons may look back on visits there and realize all of a sudden, Hey, now I think I know when my ____ went missing - at my spa apptmt.
I wonder if management has been getting calls/texts about this.

Hoping the spa has secure arrangements for patron belongings. And for employees too.

What? A hand retreat? Does patrons drop off their hands at spa for the weekend, then return Sunday night to pick them up, now w "Nourished skin + Refined hands and arms."
Sounds like it, but IDK. ICBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member