AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. It would be much more valuable for her to get back to working and contributing to the economy rather than sitting in jail. Let her do hours of community service and save the jails for those who are a danger to society
I know I missed a couple of days so I hope this isn’t a duplicate!
I agree..to an extent. I don’t think she needs a long time in jail or a lengthy community service sentence or even a HUGE fine, BUT I want her to take personal responsibility for her actions. My concern with a financial penalty is that her parents will cover all or part of it. If she gets jail time (even a week) or community service, she’s the only one who can do the time. It will force her to accept the blame that she so rightly earned. If she doesn’t figure out that she needs to fix her mindset, she’ll never have a happy life.

Honestly, this tends to be a common thing for people who want to start a new life elsewhere or just get away from their loved ones in general along with trying to garner attention from the media. This seems to be happening quite often nowadays, such as the case with Sherri Papini and now Carlee Russell. The attention seeking side to it being like the balloon boy hoax. Who knows what this ladies plans were but she knew she would end up in trouble in the end either way for wasting time of the police and the media who may have had other things to work on. She'll learn the hard way that law enforcement are smarter then people think they are.
This does not seem to be very common at all. 2 examples do not make it common, IMO. IMO, what is more common are people not planning elaborate hoaxes if they want to start over-they just leave, and will eventually reach out to loved ones. People calling 911 and making up scenarios like this are not common at all.

BREAKING: Carlee Russell is charged with making false statements to police in kidnapping "hoax" disappearance.
@kyraphillips: "Will she spend time in prison?
@TheBuckEsq: "It's a low level crime...but it's definitely a possibility."

Another purple suit .... sorry, I was distracted.
I am still curious about where Carlee hid ?
I have a feeling LE knows !
Will they bring more charges ?
Why so secretive ?
Even if a vacant house, that's B&E, correct ?

100 bucks says some other people know where she was, even if she was alone the entire time.
100. $ more says the location could impact other persons.
Omo.
Ymmv.

Well, as to whether it would do any good to send her to jail, and people being disproportionately angry, look at that mugshot. However, as angry as I am, if I was the mother of any missing young person anywhere on Earth, when I saw that mugshot, I’d be incandescent with rage.
The picture could be titled ‘Why so serious?’.
All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member