AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm . . . This may be the correct type of photo considering we’ve seen her glitzed up and we’ve seen an all natural photo of her. I’m sure in the days to come, this photo will appear again to folks who haven’t followed the case. Carlee looks like an average young adult with a slight smile. Not angry, not tight lipped, just a nice looking young lady.

Hmmm . . . This may be the correct type of photo considering we’ve seen her glitzed up and we’ve seen an all natural photo of her. I’m sure in the days to come, this photo will appear again to folks who haven’t followed the case. Carlee looks like an average young adult with a slight smile. Not angry, not tight lipped, just a nice looking young lady.
Slight smile? That's a Chesshire Cat grin.

Well, it probably wasn't as frightening as the non-existent woman who played with her hair... so, there's that. ;):rolleyes:

Or the naked photos that were taken and that she can't remember if she was sexually assaulted or not.

As well as the Prince Harry lookalike, orange hair and a bald spot. (Credit to my friend who made that comparison).

So in light of these “ordeals” she “endured,” what’s a mugshot? No big deal, right? :)

So if this little 11 year old child is apparently arrested and in handcuffs, why can’t similar happen to an educated 26 year old adult?
The sheriff where the 11yo is is Michael Chitwood, and no one works the media to advantage in a more skilled way than he does. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link !

No mugshot ?
And, we are just going to forget about the robbery ?
Omo.

Eta : Am still getting used to the "X" aka Twitter. ;):p:eek:
what robbery? Perhaps you mean theft? And what exactly was stolen? I suggest if there is no theft charges, then there are problems making those charges stick. Like people don't want to presses charges, for example. IMO.

Crim charges against CR, who's prosecuting, poss. punishments & fines.
July 28 articles from al.com

"What’s next for Carlee Russell?"
"Carlee Russell’s defense attorney, Emory Anthony, on Friday said he expects the next step following the filing of two misdemeanor charges... to be a court date sometime in October....
"The Class A misdemeanors are punishable by not more than one year in a county jail or a year of labor in the county, according to state statutes. They also carry a fine up to $6,000."

"Carlee Russell charged with lying to Hoover police in faked I-459 kidnapping"

"Derzis said police initially presented the case to District Attorney Lynneice Washington of the Bessemer Cutoff, who agreed to prosecute it.
"“After consulting with the Court Clerk for Jefferson County- Bessemer Division, the case was referred back to municipal court for charging because the only applicable charges were both misdemeanors,” Derzis said.
"Warrants are issued or refused by the circuit clerk and not the district attorney’s office...."

"Derzis said that due to the attention this case has garnered, Attorney General Steve Marshall’s office agreed to handle case at the department’s request...."

"Under state law, one is guilty of the Class A misdemeanor of false reporting to law enforcement authorities if he or she “knowingly makes a false report or causes the transmission of a false report to law enforcement authorities of a crime.”

Under another section of Alabama law, a person commits the crime of falsely reporting an incident if “he or she initiates or circulates a false report or warning of an alleged occurrence.” Falsely reporting an incident is also a Class A misdemeanor...."

I don’t know. I kind of think these types just don’t want anyone to think they’re upset. They want to show they’re cool and not taken down by the “haters”. Appearance is everything to them. So, IMO, the smile isn’t because she likes the attention of being arrested, but to laugh at those who are disgusted with her. Sort of an arrogant, stubborn defiance.

So gross.
I thought she probably knew she'd be being bonded out at the time of her mugshot, no?

This smugness/dumb insolence also seems a bit catching:

“Her parents are concerned about their child, the same way they were concerned when they went through the incident thinking she was missing,” he added.

”Nothing changes as far as being a parent,’’ he said.

They realize now their daughter is being charged with something and Carlee realizes she’s being charged with something, so she’s frightened.”

BBM... they needed realization??

Who's been pooh-poohing and scoffing at anyone suggesting it so far, Mr. Lawyer???

I had to actually click the "Landmark" to see the historical significance.

I have family in Birmingham... now I'll have to ask them to pose there for a pic ;)
The state needs to create something like a scenic overlook there to make it safe for photography. Maybe some enterprising entrepreneur will make a roadside attraction at that exit.

Same! She must be covering for someone else. Otherwise, why not just say, at this point, that she was in a hotel room? Or perhaps she did illegally enter a residence, either by breaking in, or using a real estate access card/code/etc., which would then add more charges to her list. Or she used a fake ID in a hotel which may also bring another charge?

Or, getting back to the idea that there was some medical "situation" that would definitely incur more charges and possibly bring others into it...

She was holed up somewhere cool and comfy, if she were sleeping in the woods she would have been eaten alive by bugs. I think she did break into a house being sold by her mother; if so, that means her mother can’t keep her houses secure from being burgled by her own family and that’s the end of her real estate career, and maybe even charges for her.

Miss Princess is looking way too happy in her mugshot, I think she’s enjoying the attention and probably can’t wait to play dress-up and swan around at trial.

ETA: Was the FBI ever involved? I’d like to know if she lied to the FBI, if so, that could be charged and chucked into federal prison for 5 years for each lie.

Last edited:
I agree. And it may be something that she does not recover from or can smile about. Ugh. Under her mugshot, some people are commenting that she is pretty. Just what she wants to hear.
She is a pretty girl. But I’m sure she’s always been told she’s pretty. So I don’t see that as much of a kudos for her, but I could be wrong.

Just got home and came here to find out the news.

Two misdemeanors, all that the law allows for now, says the Chief. He is feeling the same dismay as most of us and I appreciate him so much for planning to speak to the legislature about it.

Carlee’s beaming ”A Star is Born” mugshot is revolting.

IMO
Yeah, that Star is Born mugshot? ……. Lord have Mercy.
At least the Chiefs tasteful, and beautifully appointed attire give us some much welcomed respite from the utter ridiculousness of this unrepentant defendant.
He’s truly the highlight of the moment in these PC’s. JMO

MOO: This speaks to the power of an excellent attorney.
If I ever go down for a ragtag lie on the side of a highway in Alabama, after I die of shame, please hire Emory to represent my corpse. I’m on the record! Xo

The tone and anger of the press conference really struck me.

Chief of Police Nick Derzis was visibly angry LE could not charge her with more serious charges. He is going to government to try to get that changed in the future. Alabama State's Attorney General Steve Marshall announced he will try this case himself.

The max CR faces now is up to a year in jail and a $6,000 fine. I don't think CR will get off with a just slap on the wrist.
There are too many eyes on her scam and potential trial. This will be interesting to follow.

JMO

ETA - grammar
I agree. Too many people were affected by this. Many gave their time, to search. In not so very good conditions… in heat, tick and possibly snake infested areas. It was difficult. Not to mention the poor victims families that stepped up to help. Now they feel betrayed. As does the whole country, but of course it affects these families even more, considering their losses. :(
It’s just a sad situation all around.
This spoiled, renegade girl has become a scourge upon the community, and to some extent the nation. It’s not as though we need even one more thing to create any more distrust in our society than we already have. Right?
Now it’s up to her to dig herself out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo