AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been numerous copycat 911 calls for fake kidnapping.

"This isn’t the first time that reports of fake abduction have circulated in recent weeks. The story of 25-year-old Carlee Russell made headlines after she mysteriously vanished for 49 hours, but then reappeared, explaining she had been kidnapped."

Sorry about this link, could not fix it.

There have been numerous copycat 911 calls for fake kidnapping.

"This isn’t the first time that reports of fake abduction have circulated in recent weeks. The story of 25-year-old Carlee Russell made headlines after she mysteriously vanished for 49 hours, but then reappeared, explaining she had been kidnapped."

Sorry about this link, could not fix it.
She said it was a YouTube challenge. It's hard to figure out the YouTube logic in what they choose to remove. On second thought, maybe not.

We don’t know. But to go from responsible and together to this doesn’t seem likely without something else in between.

I’m betting this is a person who tells a lot of stories to make herself look good. Demanding. Spoiled by her parents. Manipulative. Impulsive. Selfish. Good actress.

That’s my belief.
I love how it is so easy to vilify her into the most horrible embodiment possible. She did something stupid and illegal. People gave up time and resources.

She is facing charges.

Still, I don't believe that it automatically makes her family and her 100% horrible people. We know very little about her.

Wouldn't you (initially) celebrate if your child who you believed was kidnapped was safe?
If I thought she had been kidnapped and came home, sure I would celebrate. But, if I knew she was lying and came home and put me through hell, there would not be a celebration. My post you replied to was referring to her coming home from being processed after being charged with two crimes.

Thank God, but why show his hand? Why not just wait and do so after she's convicted?

If he's running for office, we know the answer to the question. Using this situation regardless of whether there is ever any financial restitution. Personally, I don't believe there will be. She'll get a slap on the hand and a huge celebration party.

I love how it is so easy to vilify her into the most horrible embodiment possible. She did something stupid and illegal. People gave up time and resources.

She is facing charges.

Still, I don't believe that it automatically makes her family and her 100% horrible people. We know very little about her.
You are correct that we know very little about her. But, she shows many tendencies that ring a bell for those of us who have dealt with, or in my case endured, a person with similar traits. I remember my mother saying to my sibling "you've done this to yourself". This is how I feel about all of this. Carlee has done this to herself. No ifs, ands or buts. I gave her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning even thought the story had holes and seemed unbelievable. I held out hope she would be found safe and reserved judgement until it was obvious that she had lied.
Another thing my mother used to say to all of us is this: I can either teach you this lesson at home with love (context is suffering her consequences for our actions) or I can let you slide and then the world will teach you this lesson. The world does not love you and will not be kind." These are simple truths that 3 out of 4 children in our family took to heart and never had trouble getting through life. I feel like Carlee is likely to be very much like that 1 sibling in my family. When you have endured a relationship with someone like this the traits become pretty easily recognizable. Too bad it seems her family chose the "placate" route which has not done her any favors. My sibling was not placated and was angry and rebellious and she was hell on wheels with her family but at least she was a law-abiding citizen. Carlee did not learn this from her parents and now the world is teaching her the lesson. It's simple. JMO

She is facing charges.

I don’t think how I described her is as the “most horrible embodiment possible”. That would be a psychopath. A murderer. Evil.

I didn’t say that.

But what she did was bizarre in its stupidity, and coupled with her shameless smile at booking, and her possible motivation, this paints a picture for me of who she is. And it’s not a nice person who made one mistake.

She’s a brat. IMO. Getting away with lying a lot throughout her life is the only justification for her thinking she could get away with such a ridiculous story now, unless she’s severely mentally ill and we haven’t seen evidence of that.

People are complex. Of course she’s not “100% horrible.” But I don’t believe that for her to get to the point that she felt this was a reasonable option for her, that nothing came before.

This didn’t come out of nowhere.

This 11 year old in Florida was arrested for similar actions, as a prank. Shes been charged with a misdemeanor and a felony.

“The girl, who faces felony and misdemeanor charges, later told law enforcement that a YouTube challenge inspired her to carry out the 911 hoax, which she thought "would be funny," according to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

She had said her friend was kidnapped by an armed man driving a white van, authorities said, but when deputies and officers from multiple police departments were deployed, along with an aviation crew, to search for the vehicle, "no van was found."

Authorities say the girl continued to text law enforcement with updates about the fake kidnapping over the next hour and a half. Those updates included "a description of the male suspect and that he had a gun," according to the sheriff's office. She is charged with making a false police report involving the use of a firearm in a violent manner, which is a felony, and misuse of 911, which is a misdemeanor.”

I don’t think how I described her is as the “most horrible embodiment possible”. That would be a psychopath. A murderer. Evil.

I didn’t say that.

But what she did was bizarre in its stupidity, and coupled with her shameless smile at booking, and her possible motivation, this paints a picture for me of who she is. And it’s not a nice person who made one mistake.

She’s a brat. IMO. Getting away with lying a lot throughout her life is the only justification for her thinking she could get away with such a ridiculous story now, unless she’s severely mentally ill and we haven’t seen evidence of that.

People are complex. Of course she’s not “100% horrible.” But I don’t believe that for her to get to the point that she felt this was a reasonable option for her, that nothing came before.

However, self-entitled brats that never face any consequences won't learn and will keep on creating dramas until someone actually gets hurt.

These TikTok challenges are all the rage from daring someone to eat Tide Pods, to snorting cinnamon even after deaths occur they keep on doing these dumb challenges.
Not sure minors should be able to view or have TikTook accounts.
It sounds like Caylee inspired this latest challenge.

Thank God, but why show his hand? Why not just wait and do so after she's convicted?

If he's running for office, we know the answer to the question. Using this situation regardless of whether there is ever any financial restitution. Personally, I don't believe there will be. She'll get a slap on the hand and a huge celebration party.
Because this will make a great campaign platform. No guarantee when or if this will go to trial.
Alabama Gubernatorial Election will be November 2024.
JMO

Really, this is infuriating. She has not a clue about life. Peace comes with responsibility. Until she pays her dues and then some, her parents will also suffer by self sabotaging themselves. Carlee deserves appropriate charges thrown at her. I don’t think we’re there yet. The longer this leaks slowly through the legal system, the madder I get. Now, all I can see is Carlee in orange.

I didn’t say that.

Good to see you on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members