AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, most normal women, if their BF was "addicted to strippers" would kick him to the curb and move on...

Not call 911, and fake a hoax kidnapping. It is particularly disturbing to me, how this seems to be so similar to Jussie Smollett's hoax assault. It should be a hate crime to fake a crime and blame someone from another race.

Maybe this is where Carlee got the idea from?
When was the show created and aired, or is it brand spanking new?
nope, this movie came out just this week. To give you an idea of how obscenely quick that turnaround time is, the movie itself isn't even an hour long and the title is literally just a description of the plot :p

Has anyone else seen this?

From the description.
"Based on some true events, Nursing student Marlee Wilson is having problems with her boyfriend and his addiction to strippers.Feeling unwanted, Marlee calls 911 to make up a story of being kidnapped by a man and baby on the highway, making problems worst!"

Man, that was fast! Nursing student Carlee… I mean Marlee!

ETA : I thought surely Lifetime would be the first.

Has anyone else seen this?

From the description.
"Based on some true events, Nursing student Marlee Wilson is having problems with her boyfriend and his addiction to strippers.Feeling unwanted, Marlee calls 911 to make up a story of being kidnapped by a man and baby on the highway, making problems worst!"

I think you can probably guess who Prime Video is:

Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist--while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!
~Lori Greiner

Last edited:
Reminder for those who are interested; however, no cameras are allowed in the courtroom:

A pretrial docket has been set for 2 p.m. on Oct. 11 at Hoover’s Municipal Court.

Sep. 26, 2023, 11:23 a.m.
@arielilane -
Thank you for the update!

So, most normal women, if their BF was "addicted to strippers" would kick him to the curb and move on...

Not call 911, and fake a hoax kidnapping. It is particularly disturbing to me, how this seems to be so similar to Jussie Smollett's hoax assault. It should be a hate crime to fake a crime and blame someone from another race.
I mean 75 percent of the US is white, she may have just been trying to keep the description generic

10/11/23

In municipal court, there is no jury trial. The constitution allows anyone who faces jail time to have their case heard and decided by a jury of their peers.

Bishop explained that often defendants will appeal his verdict to Jefferson County Circuit Court to take the case to a jury trial.

Russell, represented by attorneys Emory Anthony and Richard Jaffe, is appealing to the circuit court.

Anthony said following Wednesday’s hearing they are appealing the verdict because state prosecutors want Russell to serve jail time.

“There’s no need of having a trial here, knowing their position,’’ Anthony said. “We have stipulated and appealed the case and it will star anew in the Bessemer Circuit Court.”

10/11/23

HOOVER, Ala. (WBRC) - Carlee Russell, 26, appeared in Hoover Municipal Court Wednesday where she pleaded not guilty to two Class A misdemeanor counts for what police describe as a staged kidnapping in July.

Hoover Municipal Court Judge Thomas Brad Bishop found Russell guilty on both charges.

Russell is charged with false reporting to law enforcement and falsely reporting an incident.

The state recommended a maximum of one year in jail – six months for each charge, a fine of $831, plus restitution in the amount of $17,974.88.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Carlee Russell, a nursing student who made international news when she faked her own kidnapping over the summer, was found guilty of the false report.

[...] However, after a days-long investigation by police into Russell’s statement, she admitted she had made the whole thing up.

Bishop ordered Russell to pay $831 for each misdemeanor charge, as well as over $17,000 in restitution.

Russell, who pleaded not guilty in the case, will appeal the decision to the circuit court.

More at link:

Carlee Russell found guilty in kidnapping hoax, will have to pay $18K in restitution

Updated: Oct 11, 2023 / 03:29 PM CDT

[…]

The ruling came after Russell pleaded not guilty to charges of false reporting to law enforcement authorities and falsely reporting an incident.

Despite her plea, Municipal Judge Brad Bishop found her guilty based on the recommendation of state prosecutors.

Bishop recommended one year in jail and $17,874 in restitution. He also recommended two fines of $831 each.

[…]

Anthony said Russell’s legal team completely disagrees with jail time for a Class A misdemeanor, especially when it’s Russell’s first offense.

“If you can find where someone was put in jail for that, bring the file to me and I’ll look at it,’’ he said. “Generally, they’re not put in jail.”

“Restitution, we don’t disagree with that, but to lock her up and put her in jail, we disagree,’’ he said.

[…]

Anthony said he doesn’t know if more charges will be filed, but said the defense was invited by the Attorney General’s Office to speak before a grand jury. They declined.

Asked where she was during the 49 hours that she was missing, Anthony said, “I think you’ll have to as the AG’s office.”

“The AG’s office I don’t think it being...compassionate,’' he said. “They know the young lady was not off on a whim. They knew the young lady was not off with some young man. So they know that.”

[…]

50D0D7E7-FF0F-41B5-B847-E1280C86E96B.jpegEF684CBB-8063-4CE9-BD88-308F47462DB7.jpeg

She needs to take her punishment and get on with her life. If she started serving her time she would most likely be out within months. I think the $18k restitution is a deal for her.

Carlee told detectives and police that she made up the story back in July when they held the 2nd news conference. Surely, Carlee did not expect her stunt would cost so much money and cause so much trouble for otherwise how could she have done this stuff? Has she even given a Motive? She's upset because officials, and most of the public, feel she should serve time behind bars. Thus, her appeal to a higher court.

$18k restitution! Whew. What a mess, Carlee created.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back