AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CR's Actions During Disappearance. Does It Matter, as to Crim Chgs?

Seems there is an expectation that CR will publicly disclose what she did during her 49 hour disappearance, perhaps thru her soc media, or her atty at a presser, or perhaps an MSM interview or a podcast. Possibly at trial (altho trial seems unlikely imo).

Also seems some ppl expect to learn "reasons" for her actions during that time.
Several ideas have been run up the "Why" flagpole: get BF back, scare parents, annoy brother, baffle someone (her soc. med followers?), have a medical procedure, just chillax, what-ev.

I'm a bit curious myself but don't see how any explanation she might give re her actions & "reasons" would matter in resolving the crim charges.
(Not unless she was to try an insanity or diminished capacity defense, but I don't care to get into discussion about that possibility or AL law).

AFAICT, likely CR did it because she just felt like doing it. Likely for a rather trivial or insignificant reason.

And when facing 2 crim charges about lying to authorities, she's likely, imo
to LIE AGAIN.

imo

An Alabama lawmaker plans to introduce legislation that would make faking an abduction a felony, after Carlee Russell, the Alabama womanwho went missing in July after she reported seeing a toddler walking along the interstate, was charged with two misdemeanors for lying about her own kidnapping.

“This fictitious kidnapping caused fear and shock not only throughout the legislative district I represent but also throughout our state and nation,” Alabama state Sen. April Weaver, a Republican, said in a statement Monday, calling Russell’s actions a “hoax.”

“Individuals who concoct and carry out sham kidnappings and lead our law enforcement officers on wild goose chases must be given severe penalties for their deceptive actions,” she said.

Weaver said she plans to prefile the bill ahead of the 2024 regular session, which is scheduled to reconvene in February of next year. The bill, she says, will include substantial prison sentences and mandatory restitution requirements for the full cost of resources expended by law enforcement agencies during a hoax abduction.

Weaver did not respond to Yahoo News’ request for comment.

[…]

Two other lawmakers, state Reps. Juandalynn Givan, a Democrat, and Republican Leigh Hulsey, have also said they are working on legislation to enhance penalties for lying about an abduction, according to a WBRC report. They also plan to prefile the legislation this month, however the duo stopped short of saying what the proposed legislation would entail.

[…]

An Alabama lawmaker plans to introduce legislation that would make faking an abduction a felony, after Carlee Russell, the Alabama womanwho went missing in July after she reported seeing a toddler walking along the interstate, was charged with two misdemeanors for lying about her own kidnapping.

“This fictitious kidnapping caused fear and shock not only throughout the legislative district I represent but also throughout our state and nation,” Alabama state Sen. April Weaver, a Republican, said in a statement Monday, calling Russell’s actions a “hoax.”

“Individuals who concoct and carry out sham kidnappings and lead our law enforcement officers on wild goose chases must be given severe penalties for their deceptive actions,” she said.

Weaver said she plans to prefile the bill ahead of the 2024 regular session, which is scheduled to reconvene in February of next year. The bill, she says, will include substantial prison sentences and mandatory restitution requirements for the full cost of resources expended by law enforcement agencies during a hoax abduction.

Weaver did not respond to Yahoo News’ request for comment.

[…]

Two other lawmakers, state Reps. Juandalynn Givan, a Democrat, and Republican Leigh Hulsey, have also said they are working on legislation to enhance penalties for lying about an abduction, according to a WBRC report. They also plan to prefile the legislation this month, however the duo stopped short of saying what the proposed legislation would entail.

[…]

At least she now knows that what she did may at least in retrospect litigation be considered an actual felony.

She's still not coming clean.

But he (Derzis) says they still have questions that Russell could answer if she would agree to speak to investigators. They only spoke to her briefly at the hospital on the night she returned home

I wonder ( now) if Carlee Russell may have used a bank card of some sorts for a 'Grub Hub' type delivery ( somewhere ) during her 49 hr absence. A box of Cheese-itz is just not enough. Perhaps a Starbucks?
I recall vaguely that LE was asked about that during one of the pressers, and was told..."we are looking into that". I also can see much red tape and hoops to jump through to get that information. Wondering if she banks where her father works? Hmm

I also wonder if there were any photos taken of CR, while she was at the hospital after her miraculous return home. She was considered a victim at that time, and reported to LE that she had been kidnapped. Did they take any pictures of her then? Is there proof of her 'cut lip'? Did she have any bug bites or scratches on her extremities, relevant to her story of escaping through the woods at that time?

I also wonder if there were any photos taken of CR, while she was at the hospital after her miraculous return home. She was considered a victim at that time, and reported to LE that she had been kidnapped. Did they take any pictures of her then? Is there proof of her 'cut lip'? Did she have any bug bites or scratches on her extremities, relevant to her story of escaping through the woods at that time?
Right, as she was claiming to be a victim of a serious crime, they would have had to document her condition thoroughly.

I am guessing that she had a burner phone with her, maybe a pre-paid Visa card. If she ordered food using the app, they can probably identify it at some point. Even if she used cash to pay for both. Probably checking out Ring cameras in the area where she left the car.

• Agents and sellers can get reports from Supra – Within the SUPRA Member website, you can generate reports of who has entered the property and when to share with your client.
our MLS Department. Our team rents the lockboxes and related devices and guides members through the programming process and Android or Apple application download on most mobile devices such as Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watch. (Note: You can download the app to multiple devices, but you’ll only be able to use one device at a time. You may be prompted to re-enter your authorization code.)

I wonder if sellers can currently access supra entry records for their own property.
How far back does Supra hold access records?

Is it possible CR downloaded the app and stole her mother's secure pin? I realize she left her personal phone with her car, but we can't rule out her use of a burner phone.

I’m a little behind… is there any evidence she stayed at a vacant house or is it speculated based on her mothers occupation?

Also, didn’t she post something to social media about meeting up with hot guys right before disappearing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back