Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t that a tricky border to cross??? Mexico is easier but more dangerous in a wild way. Canada is strict and probably has a list of who to watch for.
Mexico has ramped up since covid out west here anyway. They were pretty much stopping everybody on way down to Rocky Point. I'd call it even currently. But true, just 3-4 years ago pretty easy to slip over.

I thought the police radio was found in the abandoned Ford.

A vehicle used by Casey White and Vicki White was also found, Singleton announced on Friday. According to the sheriff's office, nothing was found in the car.

You make a very, very good point:
Giving up her hard earned pension, selling her home for less than half of what it was worth, being on the run on the US highways where roadblocks and checkpoints are being set up —- all of this would make sense if she had cancer.
The fact she mentioned not feeling well and referred to a REAL dr appt always stuck out to me. At first I thought maybe it was a clue that she needed help, because she would know they would find out she missed her appointment. But now obviously that’s probably not the case. But yeah, I just kinda feel like her mix of reckless abandon, but also the cunning to evade LE, seems like a final grand adventure, to me.

Sorry, I did skip most of the Thread 2 now that the car has been found. Did anybody in sleuthing notice any TN connection for either of them. The NY Post article cites a Marshall saying, that they "know" they had a reason to head to TN. THANKS.

That is going to be difficult for them because days ago LE said they already notified Canadian border officials (as well as Mexican). How will they get across? What ID will they use?
IMO MOO

Just spitballing here…it would be very difficult to conceal a 6’9” fugitive in any vehicle, especially at a border crossing. I agree.

How about a boat though? With the cash VW is carrying, how difficult would it be to entice an inconspicuous boat owner to get them into Canada without detection? Or force the boat owner at gunpoint?

They are likely still in the US though and planning to remain because it’s what’s familiar to them.

I thought the police radio was found in the abandoned Ford.
Yes it was, along with keys and handcuffs.
The SUV was found on Friday April 29, just as news of their escape was spreading through America, but it wasn't reported to police until last night. Police have now confirmed that it was Vicky's car, and that she and Casey had tried to spray paint it before they dumped it. It remains unclear where they are now.

Inside the car, the sheriff found Vicky's jail radio, handcuffs and keys.

A vehicle used by Casey White and Vicki White was also found, Singleton announced on Friday. According to the sheriff's office, nothing was found in the car.

"Singleton said there was nothing found inside the abandoned vehicle besides Vicky White's jail keys, handcuffs, and radio. Investigators also noted a "botched" attempt to spray paint the car."

Last edited:

In the press conference this afternoon, the sheriff said the jail keys and handcuffs were found in the Ford.

Sorry, I did skip most of the Thread 2 now that the car has been found. Did anybody in sleuthing notice any TN connection for either of them. The NY Post article cites a Marshall saying, that they "know" they had a reason to head to TN. THANKS.

It's somewhere way back in the thread. CW's father lives in TN. The sheriff said they had been in contact with him and he stated he did not know where CW was nor had he heard from him. jmo

I read the same article - craziness!
I just read a crazy article about a woman who did exactly what Vicky did. She only had to spend 27 months in prison and then she got out and she got remarried, and now her and her husband still visit the perp, who is back in prison. She made herself (and Vicky) sound somewhat sympathetic characters. She was speaking out about Vicky in the article saying she understood her.
Yeah, I wonder if they’ll get Vicky for more counts than they could pin on Toby. Toby was just a volunteer who snuck the inmate out on a dog crate. Vicky is an officer who seemingly forged a false document, broke government policy and led him out in her patrol car, using aliases (and likely used false IDs to go with one if she bought a car). Vicky seems to be making weapons available to a felon too, while I think Tony only gave him a cell phone and money.

If you want to read a longer piece on Toby though, check out this piece: The True Story of the Married Woman Who Smuggled Her Boyfriend Out of Prison in a Dog Crate

I'm honestly not sure why LE are so convinced they aren't somewhere reasonably close. Every time they are on the road, they run the risk of being spotted, pulled over, even in an accident vs hunkered down somewhere where their presence won't draw any attention. I'd also think they'd want to spend some quality time together without bars separating them. Dumping the car meant LE would spend time looking in that area, but a couple hours from there wouldn't be any more risky than driving across the US.

I also think VW and CW split up shortly after swapping vehicles at the shopping center. They just needed to be together long enough to set a place to dump the Edge and meet back up. Everyone would have been looking out for the two of them together, and likely wouldn't have thought to look for them individually.

Once they were a sufficient distance away, they probably felt a bit safer pairing back up and traveling together to their planned destination.

I agree, they only went north in the copper car as a red herring.
I suspect they then turned around and headed back to Limestone, AL where he has lifelong familiarity with the area, the land and people.

JMO
Love seeing everyone’s ideas as I just don’t see that area where the car was found as a good idea at all. I wouldn’t abandon the car where it sticks out like sore thumb. Very few houses there that I guarantee know what does and doesn’t belong where. The could of have done a swap on 65 in a busy parking lot where no one would pay any attention. And why spray paint it if you are just swapping and going. I have thought they wouldn’t go far as they never have - that familiarity I agree with. I wonder if they did break down and stole a car from a close by. Or further If they killed the residents of a home it wouldn’t be reported stolen quickly. Either something big enough to sleep in or something they just turned right back around in and parked somewhere inside. Are they both even alive? So many questions.

More than 200 tips have come into the Marshals Service since Tuesday from across the country, said Chad Hunt, commander of its Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force.
"We're seeing stuff coming in from the Northwest down to the Southwest to the Northeast and everything in between ... and we have to look at every single one," Hunt told CNN Thursday.
Investigators are "following up on (tips) as aggressively as we can," Singleton told CNN on Thursday. "Some of them do look promising, but it takes a time to follow through on those things. We're hoping that one of them will pan out for us, and we'll be able to locate them."

LIMESTONE COUNTY, Ala. (WAFF) - The search for former Lauderdale County Assistant Director of Corrections Vicky White, and inmate Casey White has entered its 7th day. As investigators sift through surveillance video and hundreds of tips, WAFF has also learned a 14-year-old case that could be connected to Casey, will now be re-examined.

The case involves Christy Shelton. Her family said they’ve always had questions about Casey White and what role he might’ve played in Christy’s death. They said Christy used to date Casey White, and that Casey was there when Christy was shot in the chest with a sawed-off shotgun. At the time, it was ruled a suicide. However, her family never believed that story and always had doubts.

“New reports have surfaced that after the escape Vicky White visited an adult lingerie store and a department store in Florence to buy men’s clothing”

sugar and spice
889 Florence Blvd,
Florence, AL 35630
This seems so strange. Why wouldn't she have bought him clothing BEFORE the escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb