Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't say sinister, but you spend as much time around prisoners as she did and be as successful at it as she was and she has to have thick emotional and mental carapace--or the prisoners would have chewed her up and spit her out long ago. They almost make it sound like she's teaching 2nd grade in there, "Casey didn't have lunch money one day and so she bought his lunch for him". She's dealing with all manner of criminals. Because they are criminal melting pots--guys with DUI's and murderers and white collar criminals and simple drug possession arrestees all mixed together--county lockups can be more chaotic and dangerous for prisoners and guards than state pens.
THIS ^^^^ is what I've been thinking, as well. We need to flip the naive victim script to better understand these people and this event.

JMO

I'm not really sure stereotypes play a role here. IMHO she simply believed /believes herself to be in love and to be loved in return. She wants to be with him and thinks she knows him well enough to trust and control him. I hope that works out for her up until they are both caught and arrested.
Interesting. Some of you would likely know better than me. But as a man, I was thinking maybe as a female officer among staff that seems to include a lot of men that she would maybe feel pressured to kinda be a “guy’s girl” — tough exterior; to stay unemotional; to go along with crass humor — that sort of thing. She may have empathized with prisoners more than she let on because she didn’t expect her peers to relate.

I definitely think that’s possible. People withdraw from their retirements for much lesser reasons (though it’s often not a fiscally sound decision). I know the question has been raised in these threads quite a few times, but I don’t think I’ve seen LE comment on it. It would be nice if a reporter would ask them directly if she withdrew any money from her retirement.

I definitely think that’s possible. People withdraw from their retirements for much lesser reasons (though it’s often not a fiscally sound decision). I know the question has been raised in these threads quite a few times, but I don’t think I’ve seen LE comment on it. It would be nice if a reporter would ask them directly if she withdrew any money from her retirement.
It would make a lot more sense why she didn’t care too much about leaving it behind. The handbook basically states if a person pulls out their money and then they are terminated, they lose their retirement. So she definitely could have already pulled out everything that had been hers:

“Once a member terminates employment prior to retirement eligibility, he or she has three options:

“1. If the member is vested (has at least 10 years of service), retirement contributions may be left in the system until age 62 (age 56 for FLC or State Police). The member may apply for service retirement to be effective the first of the month following attainment of age 62 (age 56 for FLC or State Police). If the member withdraws his or her contributions, the member will not be eligible for retirement benefits.”

I know this to be true. Hotels will accept cash. After Hurricane Katrina, a lot of cell phone towers and internet services were all down. We had to use cash at the hotel we evacuated to. No-tell Motels could and would definitely take cash.
That’s not all motels. I’ve been to more than one that won’t check you in if you don’t have a credit card. It’s so that if there is damage to the room or other incidentals they need to bill you for, they have a credit card.

That’s not all motels. I’ve been to more than one that won’t check you in if you don’t have a credit card. It’s so that if there is damage to the room or other incidentals they need to bill you for, they have a credit card.

Same here, iirc they deduct 500 from cc, then return it after checkout if room is ok.

Same here, iirc they deduct 500 from cc, then return it after checkout if room is ok.
I agree that a lot of hotels, rental car companies etc require deposits.

But there are definitely some motels that take cash, some of which require an extra cash deposit they refund. I’ve seen this posted at check-in before. Im guessing this is even more common in places where people just rent a room to meet a mistress or something and don’t want to use real names etc.

If they had a burner phone, maybe they could have called around and checked to see which ones take cash if that was their plan.

I personally believe they are holed up somewhere in a carefully preplanned location/hideout. And as long as heat doesn't get too much on that front, I think they will stay where they are for a while, then make another likely preplanned move. I think VW planned this out very meticulously for a long time, and with her many years of experience in LE, she certainly has a good leg up on what I would refer to as "the average bear' with this sort of thing.
I think this is the likeliest possibility. The fewer people that see them, the fewer chances there are to be recognized and caught. Their best move is to get to their hideout ASAP and lay low for a bit. Hopefully, it is well-stocked. Later, if LE has not discovered them, they might want to hit the road again. I don't know why I keep thinking about the Tad Cummins case. He drove from Tennessee to California and traveled nearly the entire length (800 miles) of the Golden State before he was spotted and captured, 38 days after he abducted his victim. His strategy was to keep moving, and it worked. So that's another possibility. CW and VW have the advantage of a very good head start and pre-planning. If VW did indeed get a second vehicle, which I think is highly likely, and if she had rented or bought a cabin and stocked it, they'll be good to go for quite a while. I predicted six to eight weeks earlier and I'm sticking with that. It's been 10 days now, and unless LE knows WAY more than they are letting on, they have no idea where the pair are. JMHO

I honestly agree. I don’t really see her as sinister. She liked to be useful and feel needed IMHO. She could have genuinely thought she was helping this guy who actually hadn’t yet been fully convicted of murder. He probably claimed innocence. But MHO.
We don't know her, though. All we have to go on, is what's been released to the media. Her co-workers, though, do know her better than we do, and one of them said, that NONE of the co-workers are surprised at what she's done. He also said, she has a dark side, which seemed to be his way of explaining why no one was surprised.

I think a statement by someone who worked with her daily should carry some credibility. Some. The fact that it doesn't square with her lawyer's impression and her relatives' statements could indicate, that she showed a different side of herself at work. It's puzzling, but I can't completely discount that former co-worker's observations.

I think this is the likeliest possibility. The fewer people that see them, the fewer chances there are to be recognized and caught. Their best move is to get to their hideout ASAP and lay low for a bit. Hopefully, it is well-stocked. Later, if LE has not discovered them, they might want to hit the road again. I don't know why I keep thinking about the Tad Cummins case. He drove from Tennessee to California and traveled nearly the entire length (800 miles) of the Golden State before he was spotted and captured, 38 days after he abducted his victim. His strategy was to keep moving, and it worked. So that's another possibility. CW and VW have the advantage of a very good head start and pre-planning. If VW did indeed get a second vehicle, which I think is highly likely, and if she had rented or bought a cabin and stocked it, they'll be good to go for quite a while. I predicted six to eight weeks earlier and I'm sticking with that. It's been 10 days now, and unless LE knows WAY more than they are letting on, they have no idea where the pair are. JMHO
I’ve thought of Tad a million times too. This case won’t break until there is a sighting so they can establish a direction or region. Hopefully like in Tad’s case, a landlord or establishment owner will see this in the news and recognize them. That’s if they didn’t use touchless self check in and false names. Covid regulations could help people who want to avoid being seen these days.

We don't know her, though. All we have to go on, is what's been released to the media. Her co-workers, though, do know her better than we do, and one of them said, that NONE of the co-workers are surprised at what she's done. He also said, she has a dark side, which seemed to be his way of explaining why no one was surprised.

That coworker has claimed to have been “wrongfully terminated” so he has a grudge. So we’ll see I guess whenever the truth comes out. Maybe he found out something and was terminated. Or maybe he was a dud and just wants some limelight. Time will tell.

I think a statement by someone who worked with her daily should carry some credibility. Some. The fact that it doesn't square with her lawyer's impression and her relatives' statements could indicate, that she showed a different side of herself at work. It's puzzling, but I can't completely discount that former co-worker's observations.
Agreed. Plus with all of us, different people may perceive us different ways. I may even be nicer to certain people than I am to others, due to how well I know them or how they treat me. So they could all be telling the truth. Vicky, like the rest of us, is I am sure a multi-dimensional person who can’t be put in some simple box. She’s a bright and highly organized planner who got out in front of LE partly by exploiting what she knows about LE. She obviously has the capacity to hide a less-than-moral relationship for two years too, so to what extent she is capable of being sinister? We don’t really know.

I personally believe they are holed up somewhere in a carefully preplanned location/hideout. And as long as heat doesn't get too much on that front, I think they will stay where they are for a while, then make another likely preplanned move. I think VW planned this out very meticulously for a long time, and with her many years of experience in LE, she certainly has a good leg up on what I would refer to as "the average bear' with this sort of thing.

Agree.

They were probably holed up before the description of the suv was put out.

There has been nothing since, even with the sighting of the suv there was no sighting of them.

Jmo

This is a good point. One thing that VW supposedly did that I find appalling is prison visits. I recall her boss saying on TV that VW actually visited CW in prison. Did she use an alias when checking in? A disguise? Surely the prison has either surveillance footage or recordings of VW’s visits to CW.
IIRC the sheriff refuted that statement. He said there were phone calls but no in person visits.

If cop pensions in Alabama are the same as LE pensions elsewhere, by retiring when she did with a clean record up to retirement, she may well have locked in her retirement for life--even if she ends up in prison.
I recall the Chicago cop Jon Burge who eventually was convicted of torturing innocent perps into false confessions--often in brutal ways, including guns to the head and electric shocks to genitals, never missed a single one of his $4,000 a month pension checks, even during his 5 years in prison. Collected his pension until he died.

IIRC, someone posted earlier that in Alabama, the law is that you lose your lifetime benefit monthly payouts if you commit a felony while working for an employer covered by the state retirement system. So if she is convicted, she would lose her monthly benefits. But she is entitled to a payout if the money she paid into the state fund over the years she was employed in state government, plus the interest on those funds that were in her retirement account over the years. So she could get a sizeable payout with interest for the 16 years she worked at the prison. Don't know if she worked for the state prior to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB