Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can speculate forever but we’ll never really know VW’s reasons for her actions over the last two weeks.

Even if she’d survived and talked, it just wouldn't make sense to her family, LE or us. We might hear CW’s version but it would be just that—his version.

Do you believe it was worth it? If they were mutually in love? I don't believe he cared about her at all except as a means of escape, but let's say you are right.

Two years of a clandestine affair with the man in prison and unable to reciprocate in a normal relationship. Two years of Vicky having to skulk around and hide what she was doing from her family and her colleagues and bosses.

To end up after 10 or 11 days as fugitives, with Vicky dead and Casey back to square one, with even more charges against him.

Her mother, siblings and nephew with no recourse for closure in their grief. Their daughter's name sullied forever.

This picture from the Daily Mail, with LE exhibiting all the weaponry they had in the car---is their "love" more important than the lives they were planning to take?

IMO, not at all. Who the hell are they that they believed their sordid affair was the only thing that mattered?
Very damming photograph of those weapons

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
With a convicted incarcerated murderer?
I’d imagine working in a prison on a daily basis is much different from a woman intentionally seeking out a relationship with somebody that’s incarcerated. Maybe she was looking for excitement in what was otherwise a mundane, middle aged, “comfortable” existence. Regardless it was her choice to make and it appears she didn’t expect it to last longterm.

“However, the reasons behind the more "consensual relationships" that have resulted in officers being jailed are less easy to identify.

Consultant psychologist Elie Godsi suggests it is the artificial nature of the prison environment that can lead people who would not normally be attracted to one another to overstep boundaries.

He said it could also be down to the lure of "forbidden fruit" that attracts others.
"These are not normal relationships, these are rose-tinted," he said.
"These people are not seeing each other under normal circumstances.

"The inmates don't have to worry about money for rent, or paying for food, they are pretty well looked after.
"And the boundaries between people in prison are very rigid.
"There is an element of the forbidden fruit and some people are attracted to that."

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

We all look different, speak differently, and we all come from 'somewhere'. Please refrain from making generalizations, derogatory terms/comments about people based on the way they speak, look, live, etc.

It's just not classy and not in the spirit of Websleuths.

Thanks !!

Can someone fill in a blank for me? How did the US Marshall’s know which motel they were in? I must have missed this detail. TIA
LE knew what thier new vehicle was. The Cadillac was seen on the carwash camera when CW was seen in the bay with the truck.
This is my opinion but I saw a flight pattern posted on another site of a small plane circling just east of the carwash area in real time when the news was breaking. In my opinion they located the vehicle they were looking for by air.

Of note: to my knowledge, no other past prisoners have appeared saying that they had relationships with her, either while or after they were incarcerated. This is prime time when anyone with proof (a note from her, a witness, really anything) to raise his hand sell his story, because Daily Mail and others will pay. She was at this job 25+ years. Crickets. Let’s see if any others come out of the woodwork. Unless they do … I think we are close to being able to say this is the one time she crossed that boundary.

Maybe VW didn't want a retirement party with cupcakes and a plaque. Maybe she wanted notoriety. And found a way to get it.

This shoot out -- where did they imagine it happening? At the Motel6? From their vehicle? At a specific time or whenever LE caught up to them?

Communication devices -- maybe it was no accident they were holed up near the sheriff's department. Convenient for monitoring police chatter.

Was that the plan? Choose the time and day based on what local LEOs were discussing, then call 9-1-1 themselves and bring LE right to their shoot-out arena? Maybe call it in as a medical emergency in the hopes of catching 1st responders in their line of fire?

Where were they headed in the Cadillac? Had they cleared out of their hotel or were they looking for burgers and had to pivot, trying to recreate their upper-hand shoot-out with a makeshift, mobile one?

If LE had them under surveillance at the hotel, I'm eager to hear their logic. Effecting a traffic stop is frequently the safest way for a takedown (unless there's an arsenal and criminals bent on firing it). No evacuations of hotel guests, at least that we know about, so no plan by LE to ambush them, with a midnight raid, apparently.

It's unnerving to think a corrections officer intended to take lives.

And all for what? She's dead. Her family is devastated and thrust into a blinding spotlight. Money wasted, reputation squandered, a debris field of victims. A hotel with unwanted stigma, car owners forever connected to this mess.... no additional lives lost, thankfully, but livelihoods in jeopardy, worldviews corrupted.... "the Vicky we know wouldn't do this." And now she's gone, leaving a swath of grief behind her.

CW back in custody where he belongs.

I don't see the glory.

JMO

I just cannot get my head around her motive. Did she really plan to break him out of prison in order for them to end it all by having a shoot out with LE?

Can someone fill in a blank for me? How did the US Marshall’s know which motel they were in? I must have missed this detail. TIA

How would they see her coming out of the motel with a wig, if they didn't know what motel they were in? Were they casing all the motels? All they had to go by, was the report of the truck at the car wash. But then, didn't the car wash owner also have on surveillance, the Cadillac picking up CW? So they also knew to look for a Cadillac. They must have searched the motels in town, and found them that way?

IIRC the carwash manager saw what kind of vehicle they left the carwash in, and told LE, who were then on lookout for it.

This may have been expanded on. If I recall correctly, an officer was patrolling the area and spotted their car, based on the description from the car wash attendant, he reported the car and the US Marshalls started surveillance. They saw VW exiting the motel room and then CW.

She wouldn't have lost her state pension if she was fired for having an affair with an inmate. She would only lose her state pension if she committed a felony.
I’ve seen in the papers in my own state cases of corrections officers and psychiatric case workers getting prosecuted for having affairs with inmates or mental patients. It’s viewed as official misconduct ( punishable by 5 years in prison) and sexual assault(the patient or inmate can’t give consent to a therapist or guard).

So if caught in a sexual relationship with CW she may have lost the pension and served prison time as well.

Side B: I Fought the Law and the Law Won (Bobby Fuller Four)
I think they envisioned themselves more the personification of Bon Jovi's 'Blaze of Glory', though I suspect that was more his wish than hers. I am just glad the forced rollover prevented them from acting out that scenario. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member