Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the accomplice not arrested?

He did that several days ago, long before their location was known. And he very likely knew nothing of their escape, especially if he truly is a homeless person, perhaps someone without a constant connection with the news. As others have said, many people knew nothing of this escape and hunt. My husband works in a different part of the country right now and is someone who keeps an eye on most news, but didn’t spend time reading about this pair. Several of the people I know had not heard of them until they were captured yesterday.

I doubt a 6' 9" career criminal with his history of violent crimes would be showing remorse to the LE who apprehended him, especially given the prison culture he has lived in for so long.
Exactly my thoughts. He wouldn’t show any remorse to LE and would keep his tough guy persona on. How does anyone know what he is feeling?

[. ]

Escape in the first degree is one of the delineated offenses in the felony murder statute, according to legal experts who reviewed the case with WAAY 31.

"In the course of the escape, if either Vicky or Casey White caused the death of any person, to include themselves, that's how it reads," former prosecutor Jay Town said. "By reading the statute, it is possible to charge Casey white with felony murder, and my guess is this would be a matter of first impression."

Town said he couldn't find another case in which an individual committed suicide and the co-conspirator was charged with their murder, "but it doesn’t mean it’s not legally possible."

The WAAY 31 newsroom reached out to Lauderdale County prosecutors to see if they are considering charging Casey White with murder for Vicky White. So far, they have not commented on that question.
Would Lauderdale be able to charge him in her death since it happened in Indiana?

I know the sheriff in Indiana has already stated that they aren't charging him for any crimes there.

Exactly my thoughts. He wouldn’t show any remorse to LE and would keep his tough guy persona on. How does anyone know what he is feeling?
I tend to think the first words out of his mouth, “Please help my wife” were his true feelings. Not that it’s really relevant to most in here. But MHO FWIW.

They probably were wining and dining well too. Not drive throughs at McDonalds. They really couldn't purchase anything because they were on the run and no where to put anything. They had to be able to get stuff out of the car fast. I cant imagine spending that much money in just a few days. I couldnt even do it on amazon.
I can only imagine after years of jail food, he was craving a lot of food and beverages.

JMO

Yes, I agree with you. She had a huge amount of money saved up. She had no mortgage. Even though she sold her home for half its valueE, at least she made good money only paying $1,000 for her home property. Thank you for that info.

Edited to add: of course if amount paid is correct, even so possibly no mortgage for some time.
If county records show she bought it for $1000, there are several scenarios. She bought it from someone she knew very well and it was a gift. Was it sold at an auction? I don't have the address, but Zillow has that type of information especially since it was 2014, not too long ago. I know of a very nice beautiful home across the street from the home I grew up in and these homes are in the $300,000 to $400,000 plus range (expensive for the retirement city I live in) and the sale shows that house sold for $1000. It was not an auction. I believe it was a transaction between family members. MOO

If county records show she bought it for $1000, there are several scenarios. She bought it from someone she knew very well and it was a gift. Was it sold at an auction? I don't have the address, but Zillow has that type of information especially since it was 2014, not too long ago. I know of a very nice beautiful home across the street from the home I grew up in and these homes are in the $300,000 to $400,000 plus range (expensive for the retirement city I live in) and the sale shows that house sold for $1000. It was not an auction. I believe it was a transaction between family members. MOO
I thought that gift transactions didn’t show up in the records the same way? I don’t know much about it but we were just researching a family transaction and there’s something about it not counting for capital gains tax or something…?

The Evansville Police Department has released new video showing the final moments of the pursuit and capture of Alabama fugitives Vicky White and Casey White.

The two were taken into custody in Evansville, Indiana on Monday after leading authorities on a short pursuit that ended in a crash.

The three videos released by the Evansville Police Department have been embedded into this article.

Viewer discretion advised, as the videos may be disturbing for some viewers.

Vicky White, who was driving, shot herself at some point before she was captured and taken to the hospital with 'very serious' injuries, Wedding said.

The Vandenburgh County Coroner said she died at 7.06pm on Monday, according to WHNT reporter Emily Moessner.

Kind of hard to shoot yourself while driving at high speeds in a chase to get away, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela