Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many have speculated he is a psychopath. His appeals attorney stated he is on pysch meds. I wonder how, when on the run he had meds, if he did? And states how he is a different person when on meds. I think sociopath is a more probable dx because for however brief of a moment he showed he cared. I do not think he was a dancing pansy. He is 100% responsible here as much as she is. I believe he could have killed her and taken all the money and car but didn't. Why? Link if for attorney comments (buried deep in article) May 10 Alabama fugitive news. ***edited for wording

Many have speculated he is a psychopath. His appeals attorney stated he is on pysch meds. I wonder how, when on the run he had meds, if he did? And states how he is a different person when on meds. I think sociopath is a more probable dx because for however brief of a moment he showed he cared. I do not think he was a dancing pansy. He is 100% responsible here as much as she is. I believe he could have killed her and taken all the money and car but didn't. Why? Link if for attorney comments (buried deep in article) May 10 Alabama fugitive news. ***edited for wording
Yes I agree he didn't have his meds and probably couldn't get them legally if he tried. So I was always under the impression that he didn't have his meds on the run as VW would probably run into challenges accquiring them when he was in jail. What kept him calm was the fact that she had money to let him live comfortably but once that was gone he would have an expectation of continuation of that comfort so it would have been a tragic outcome for Vicky and also the public. In that instance all Vicky could do was plan an escape from him, join him which would be as she was doing before her demise but more involved in a criminal way. He would know before she could kill him so its possible she would have ended up with something like Stockholm Syndrome. But the only difference between VW and victims of Stockholm syndrome would be that she was the cause of his escape from jail willingly. So no empathy there from me towards her even if that was the result.

5/11/22

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton says they may never get answers to what happened after Vicky White’s death. Dr. John Duffy, a clinical psychologist weighed in on “Morning in America,” saying that Vicky White was likely not in control despite having to execute most of the plan.

“Certainly she executed a lot of what he benefited from right, so there was some masterminding going on certainly what there was some plotting and some executing going on,” Duffy said. “But I think it was under the guise of being manipulated all the way through. She’s the only person if you think about it, who had everything he needed to achieve his goals, not necessarily hers. I think he convinced her that his goals were her goals.”

As officers pulled them from the wreckage, Casey White blurted out, “Please help my wife, she just shot herself in the head,” Keely said. It wasn’t clear why he referred to Vicky as his wife. Investigators quickly cuffed him and started rendering aid to Vicky as medical crews rushed to the scene.

Duffy said that Casey White was smart enough to groom Vicky White over the course of several years.

[..]

I suspect that this man had just enough intelligence, even though he doesn’t come across, a lot of people say is particularly bright. You don’t need to have a great deal of IQ points, in order to manipulate another person to help you achieve your goals, especially if you’re desperate to have those goals or goals achieved,” Duffy said on “Morning in America.”

[..]

Duffy said that Casey White likely cultivated an “us against the world” mentality to isolate Vicky White.

“It tells me that he likely but maybe the two of them together over time, were able to create a culture of two,” Duffy said. “When your culture is that small, you’re able to make really bad decisions and convince yourself this can work. We can make this happen without consulting anybody else.”

I would be wary of placing too much faith in information about CW’s personality and mental health that comes from his defence lawyer, especially as that lawyer is imminently about to represent him and in a case where his defence hinges on his mental health status!
moo

Would you post a link to that version? I haven't heard one clear enough to hear all that. Thanks

This is all my opinion. I posted times in the tape to focus on, maybe that will help. These are simply times to focus on, it appears to me this is what she is saying.

:04 Please stop
:06 Please stop, air bags are going to go off and kill us
:10 CASEY !!
:12 Thank God or Oh God
:17 Air bags are going off
:19 Let's get out and run
:20 Get us back to the motel
:26 (banging noise, maybe vehicle hit??)

It's 5 am here and I just woke up. I'm pages behind on the threads, would love to hear from others what they think they heard.

In earlier threads some folks noted VW's lack of a social media presence. An initial thought was that she had scrubbed her social media before the escape to avoid accidentally tipping off investigators to her plans or where she might go or like to go or her network of friends etc.

I think after seeing the way things went after the escape VW might've just been a very not online and not an app person.

Born in 65, she'd have graduated high school and college (if she did college) a few years before email and early web browsers started showing up on college and high school campuses. And then she never had kids. Kids who might've forced her to become or helped her become familiar with the internet and the world of mobile apps. Seems like the internet was neither something she needed nor something in which she was interested. Her job probably only required she use a locked down internet terminal connected to state databases and internal to the dept applications.

I think that's why a lot of us were gobsmacked by her simplistic Rand McNally and AAA Triptik style post-escape plan--it was all right there online for the planning, e.g., online rental and keyless entry into a remote vacation cabin. But it seems Vicky wasn't aware of all of what she could do on the internet and probably not familiar with apps like Uber either.

If only Vicky could've hired a websleuther to help her plan her time on the run, she might still be out there. They had done it--they got away that first day and had ol Sheriff Singleton, in his words, " at a loss" as to where they migbt be. So close, but they really had no plan after the initial escape it seems.
I don’t believe that Vicky’s age had anything to do with her lack of social media presence.

First responders, corrections officials and workers are encouraged to stay away from SM so that people like Casey White can’t locate them in their private lives. It’s a way to protect themselves and family from harm if an inmate has an axe to grind.

I know of a guy that works in a prison. Mail is delivered to a PO Box not home. No one in family uses SM. Food is never delivered - they pick up. No trail.

Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch. Unfortuntely it was a futile attemp on Vicky and Casey's part to stop the chase as it was too late already in those few minutes. The dynamics evolved rapidly and there was no way to get out of this horrible situation.
I’ve missed this part of the audio, can anyone link it please?

@5W’s can you link the audio for these quotes, please?:

“Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch.”

Last edited:
Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch. Unfortuntely it was a futile attemp on Vicky and Casey's part to stop the chase as it was too late already in those few minutes. The dynamics evolved rapidly and there was no way to get out of this horrible situation.
I believe it was a police officer who said 'she has a finger on the trigger' when looking into the vehicle after the crash, not CW. Also I too cannot hear VW say 'help me' or 'stop the chase' on the audio.

I also don't hear VW talking to dispatch at all, she seems (to me at least) to be speaking directly to CW.

I believe it was a police officer who said 'she has a finger on the trigger' when looking into the vehicle after the crash, not CW. Also I too cannot hear VW say 'help me' or 'stop the chase' on the audio.

I also don't hear VW talking to dispatch at all, she seems (to me at least) to be speaking directly to CW.
I don't think this 911 call was intentional because like you said she wasn't talking to them. I suppose it could be edited but not sure why that part would be edited out.

This is all my opinion. I posted times in the tape to focus on, maybe that will help. These are simply times to focus on, it appears to me this is what she is saying.

:04 Please stop
:06 Please stop, air bags are going to go off and kill us
:10 CASEY !!
:12 Thank God or Oh God
:17 Air bags are going off
:19 Let's get out and run
:20 Get us back to the motel
:26 (banging noise, maybe vehicle hit??)

It's 5 am here and I just woke up. I'm pages behind on the threads, would love to hear from others what they think they heard.
I hear the same plus:

:22 Loud Bang, then VW screams
:28 CW says something like 'Casey stand up' (if i've heard correctly).

Could the bangs at :22 & :26 be the air bags deploying?

5/11/22

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton says they may never get answers to what happened after Vicky White’s death. Dr. John Duffy, a clinical psychologist weighed in on “Morning in America,” saying that Vicky White was likely not in control despite having to execute most of the plan.

“Certainly she executed a lot of what he benefited from right, so there was some masterminding going on certainly what there was some plotting and some executing going on,” Duffy said. “But I think it was under the guise of being manipulated all the way through. She’s the only person if you think about it, who had everything he needed to achieve his goals, not necessarily hers. I think he convinced her that his goals were her goals.”

As officers pulled them from the wreckage, Casey White blurted out, “Please help my wife, she just shot herself in the head,” Keely said. It wasn’t clear why he referred to Vicky as his wife. Investigators quickly cuffed him and started rendering aid to Vicky as medical crews rushed to the scene.

Duffy said that Casey White was smart enough to groom Vicky White over the course of several years.

[..]

I suspect that this man had just enough intelligence, even though he doesn’t come across, a lot of people say is particularly bright. You don’t need to have a great deal of IQ points, in order to manipulate another person to help you achieve your goals, especially if you’re desperate to have those goals or goals achieved,” Duffy said on “Morning in America.”

[..]

Duffy said that Casey White likely cultivated an “us against the world” mentality to isolate Vicky White.

“It tells me that he likely but maybe the two of them together over time, were able to create a culture of two,” Duffy said. “When your culture is that small, you’re able to make really bad decisions and convince yourself this can work. We can make this happen without consulting anybody else.”
I don't agree with this assessment. Once again, conventional stereotypes about women's thoughts, motivations, ability to be influenced, etc. are in play. I believe she wanted to RUN from her life and chose this man. I also think she loved him, despite knowing what he is. I don't think she was delusional.

I also don't agree that Casey has exceptionally low IQ or that someone without smarts could help pull this off.

They started with a major crime and then got caught because what they thought would work didn't. But a failure to plan is a plan to fail.

The idea that they were staying in a bedbug ridden room in a crappy motel (read the reviews of it) because CW found it so comfortable & wonderful is laughable.

I think they made all their choices together. I think Vicky's reactions during the chase showed her ambivalence about dying at that time in that way but she knew that was the risk before she took herself out. A choice she made (yes, under duress) like all of her other choices here.

Thank God the U.S. Marshall's service is so good & the combined LE effort was successful in preventing a worse crime scene. Outstanding job from my perspective.

Until someone analyzes this situation without prejudice caused by conventional stereotypes, we're never going to get better insight that could help prevent a future occurrence of this type.

If you want to place blame, blame the county jail. The ability to game the local & state law enforcement system is a real problem here.

MOO

Last edited:
Thank you so much for doing that! And nicely done. It’s exactly as I heard it.

I do think she dropped her phone as you indicated.

I’m guessing the audio was edited because I’d expect to hear CW say something to her, her name, anything. (Wouldn’t he shout her name? Tell her he loved her?)

And the police are great at yelling orders at criminals, we don’t hear that.

I’m very curious to know exactly how 911 was called.
Apparently the 911 call was automatic from the car.

The 911 call came from the crashed car Vicky and Casey were riding in with U.S. Marshals hot on their tail ... and audio shows officers arriving at the scene noting she still had her finger on the trigger of the gun she used to shoot herself.

Plus they were blowing through money shockingly fast. $90k wouldn’t last long term, but being down to $29k after only 11 days on the lam is Looney Tunes. How much did they spend for that Cadillac? Even an older one is still pricey. Paid for a motel room with days they didn’t use, and it looked like the truck CW abandoned had an electrolyte bottle in the console that he didn’t drink. They were hemorrhaging money all over the place.
Meth for Casey maybe? That is a lot of cash to go through. $5400 a day?

Yeah, it’s astonishing that they blew through nearly 75% of the $$$ in so short a time, even with the vehicle purchases. Vicky had always been frugal— what on earth was going on?
If, in fact they had all the money she withdrew with them then perhaps the bills were large and they just presented the cash for a payment and said "keep the change". A hundred dollar bill for a $30 dollar dinner. Also, they may have been tipping high for silence. MOO MOO MOO

Yeah, it’s astonishing that they blew through nearly 75% of the $$$ in so short a time, even with the vehicle purchases. Vicky had always been frugal— what on earth was going on?
Curious about this too. Maybe she didn't have it all with her? Maybe they were paying off homeless people to help them along the way?

I don't agree with this assessment. Once again, conventional stereotypes about women's thoughts, motivations, ability to be influenced, etc. are in play. I believe she wanted to RUN from her life and chose this man. I also think she loved him, despite knowing what he is. I don't think she was delusional.

I also don't agree that Casey has exceptionally low IQ or that someone without smarts could help pull this off.

They started with a major crime and then got caught because what they thought would work didn't. But a failure to plan is a plan to fail.

The idea that they were staying in a bedbug ridden room in a crappy motel (read the reviews of it) because CW found it so comfortable & wonderful is laughable.

I think they made all their choices together. I think Vicky's reactions during the chase showed her ambivalence about dying at that time in that way but she knew that was the risk before she took herself out. A choice she made (yes, under duress) like all of her other choices here.

Thank God the U.S. Marshall's service is so good & the combined LE effort was successful in preventing a worse crime scene. Outstanding job from my perspective.

Until someone analyzes this situation without prejudice caused by conventional stereotypes, we're never going to get better insight that could help prevent a future occurrence of this type.

If you want to place blame, blame the county jail. The ability to game the local & state law enforcement system is a real problem here.

MOO
The motel thing was depressing as hell, and was more or less their downfall. They would have done better to be in a tiny cabin in the woods. The escape was perfectly planned but after that it was just chaos and wasted $$$.

The whole idea of a well-stocked RV or cabin waiting missed the reality that she really didn’t know what she was doing after the escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member