Found Safe AL - Christiana Hagler, 1 Month, Mobile, 16 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the suspects name is John which is close to “Shaun” and he is tall, more bald than red hair but that could have changed overnight, especially with the Amber Alert out for the baby. Trying to find out more info on him. Priors and such. Can’t imagine you start with grand theft auto and baby snatching as your first foray into the crime world.

Msm with correct spelling of his name and the wrong spelling later smh
Baby reported missing found safe, suspect arrested
“The mother told police she was shopping at the store with 35-year-old John Betancourt, a stranger she had picked up on the I-65 Service Road earlier in the day. Officers said the mother was stopped by Burlington employees for possibly shoplifting. While she was detained, officers said the mother told Betancourt to take the seven-week-old baby to her vehicle. “

So, she picked up a ”stranger” on her way to Burlington to do some „shopping“. When she was falsely accused of shoplifting, she handed her baby to the trustworthy 6‘6“ guy with neck tattoos named Shaun or John or Alex to wait for her in the car. OK.

Let's see, did she also give this stranger the keys to her vehicle too? What is going on, these are innocent babies and children. No, no, no. A mother does not hand her infant to a stranger.
Guess she never heard of Precious.
Side note.
<modsnip>

His arrest record states he is only 6'2".....reading between the lines a bit is making me feel even more angry. This baby could have been found much more quickly had mom not lied. Or shoplifted (allegedly). I wonder if this was an elaborate, poorly thought out ruse to get out of a shoplifting arrest.

Found some more info
BREAKING: Suspect arrested in connection to Amber Alert for 7-week old girl
35-year-old John Bettancoure has been arrested in connection to the Amber Alert issued for a 7-week-old Christiana Hagler, according to Mobile Police. Bettancoure has been charged with interfering with custody.

Mobile Police say the child is in the custody of DHR. Police say the mother was being held in Burlington Coat Factory on an allegation that she was shoplifting and gave the child to Bettancoure to take care of her until she got out of the store. New 5 is working to find out more information.
Aha, so part of the story is coming out- she was in trouble with store security for shop lifting. Now, had they arrested her (some stores do have you taken out in handcuffs and prosecute), just what would she have done with her baby, had she been alone?

Did this man leave with the baby to keep himself and the child out of trouble- in other words, maybe he wasn't shoplifting, but was trying to avoid getting into trouble with the cops (perhaps he's on parole?)? I'm curious as to whether or not this man really was a stranger to her.

Also, what is up with the custody dispute?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back