AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the CCTV footage is very useful. Police announced a while ago that they were out of leads. If they could recognize the make and model of Car 3, they would have a very strong lead.

If we think about this as an incident that ended with Danni vanishing, what we have is something that started at 11:08, as soon as Car 3 entered the Shell station. At that location, the GPS in Danni's car was disabled. It seems that this took 10-15 minutes to achieve. Car 3 left that location with confidence that no one would be able to track Danni using any GPS technology. Another point to consider is that Car 3 did not know that her phone was missing, so they would have been sure that her phone, if she had it, was disabled as well. Danni and her car vanished from that location at 11:24. I think she was alive when she left the Shell station, and I think that she knew that she was in trouble.
I sure am glad you’re on the side of justice. We'd be in trouble if that brain of yours was diabolical. You sure are smart.

I agree with your statement, @ChiCubs2016 . And, I also believe we don’t know all of the potential folks involved. For example, who is the father of DNV’s baby, just placed for adoption? Is this someone she needed to escape from? Someone who needed her gone? Someone who didn’t agree with an adoption? Someone who hasn’t admitted to being the father? Someone who plays no part in this whatsoever??

This

I don't think the CCTV footage is very useful. Police announced a while ago that they were out of leads. If they could recognize the make and model of Car 3, they would have a very strong lead.

If we think about this as an incident that ended with Danni vanishing, what we have is something that started at 11:08, as soon as Car 3 entered the Shell station. At that location, the GPS in Danni's car was disabled. It seems that this took 10-15 minutes to achieve. Car 3 left that location with confidence that no one would be able to track Danni using any GPS technology. Another point to consider is that Car 3 did not know that her phone was missing, so they would have been sure that her phone, if she had it, was disabled as well. Danni and her car vanished from that location at 11:24. I think she was alive when she left the Shell station, and I think that she knew that she was in trouble.
Agreed on every point except, I believe she was killed or hurt badly in her car immediately. The time spent there was used in disabling the GPS and searching for her phone.

I wasn't considering it until Otto's last posts but do you think she was killed at the Shell station? I had been under the impression that if she was undoubtedly harmed it would appear somehow on the video but maybe it was too dark so you wouldn't be able to see people?
Its certainly possible but why risk killing someone with possible CCTV and close to a road? My guess would be to get her to go to a second location that was dark and remote and do it there.

I guess she could have let someone into the passenger seat and that person could have immobilized her then but in this scenario they would have had to move her in order to drive the car out. I think the easier way would have been for someone to offer to drive and she goes to passenger seat and then they immobilize her in the passenger seat or drive out as normal and take her to a secondary location and do it there.

Thank you so much.
klaaskids.org

I wanted to make sure I could say which SAR organization it is before doing so. Klaas Kids is who is on standby.

This is good news. Would the family also consider Crime Stoppers? They really do have the means to start fundraising a reward and keeping the case in the media. This would be in addition to the search team.

This is good news. Would the family also consider Crime Stoppers? They really do have the means to start fundraising a reward and keeping the case in the media. This would be in addition to the search team.

As mentioned before, CrimeStoppers has been discussed/considered already.

It depends on the department. For example, there are departments in counties adjacent to mine that have public websites these reports can be found on. In my county, they are not public.
Thank you for response. Are you in the same county where the missing person's report was filed? If not, do you know if they are available in that county? Either online or through a walk up request?

Have you seen a copy of Danniella’s missing person report? Does JDT have a copy?

I was just reviewing Thread 1 because I remembered seeing a missing person report there. In fact, you posted it - Thank you! This is probably the closest we're going to get to he official missing person report.

This is also where I saw the car description as 2017 deep blue/purplish Chevrolet Cruz. News reports say it was 2014.

Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Online Services

It depends on the department. For example, there are departments in counties adjacent to mine that have public websites these reports can be found on. In my county, they are not public.
Thank you for response. Are you in the same county where the missing person's report was filed? If not, do you know if they are available in that county? Either online or through a walk up request?

I was just reviewing Thread 1 because I remembered seeing a missing person report there. In fact, you posted it - Thank you! This is probably the closest we're going to get to he official missing person report.

This is also where I saw the car description as 2017 deep blue/purplish Chevrolet Cruz. News reports say it was 2014.

Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Online Services
https://app.alea.gov/BaseReportExtranet/wfReportView.aspx?ID=38faa7a4-e184-46c2-9f07-c5d6db99c8ec

No, I am not & I’m not sure; I’d have to look into it.

Its certainly possible but why risk killing someone with possible CCTV and close to a road? My guess would be to get her to go to a second location that was dark and remote and do it there.

I guess she could have let someone into the passenger seat and that person could have immobilized her then but in this scenario they would have had to move her in order to drive the car out. I think the easier way would have been for someone to offer to drive and she goes to passenger seat and then they immobilize her in the passenger seat or drive out as normal and take her to a secondary location and do it there.

She was only 5'5". They could have put her in the trunk.

She was only 5'5". They could have put her in the trunk.

I’ve wondered about that - and wondered if she was in the trunk after leaving Dublin’s (pure speculation on my part). A bit back, I asked if DNV had the ‘my car’ app on her phone, which from reading about it appears to be able to do a remote start on the vehicle regardless of location? (I don’t have remote start, so really don’t know.) What if Car 2 stalled at the Shell, and needed to be restarted and Car 1 needed to return to Dublin’s, find the phone, and do a remote start on the car? Which I believe would be evident to the MPD through phone analysis, so probably not the case. Just some out-of-the box crazy musings.

They are on standby. LE will not allow them to step in yet.
Could you tell us the justification for LE’s decision, as explained to JDT, as explained to you by JDT? Are Klaas Kids in direct communication with LE? Are you in communication with Klaas Kids? Who’s talking to who? Once Klaas Kids is involved; this will spread quickly within the public and will reach other communities who haven’t yet heard of this. Media will become more involved. They could become a catalyst for lighting a fire under MPD. What are your thoughts?

Could you tell us the justification for LE’s decision, as explained to JDT, as explained to you by JDT? Are Klaas Kids in direct communication with LE? Are you in communication with Klaas Kids? Who’s talking to who? Once Klaas Kids is involved; this will spread quickly within the public and will reach other communities who haven’t yet heard of this. Media will become more involved. They could become a catalyst for lighting a fire under MPD. What are your thoughts?

They’ve been in contact with some of JDTs team and I believe LE, as well.

That’s why we want them involved. But they have to have LE approval and MPD refuses.

Perhaps discussed before, but what if someone at the car dealership is the cuprit of her missing? Danniella would have shared lots of information with them such as address, finances, etc. Being young and social, what if she told someone there her plans to go out and celebrate and where. Suppose she was being tracked or followed from afar so that her car could be stolen and resold black market.

Regarding leaving the SI still find it odd DW would not have immediately not known she was not following him if he was car 1. What if car one was not DW? Maybe car 2 was DW and 3 was DV? Or maybe DW was car 1, and had originally told her to wait then thought better of it, drove back and discussed why she should follow him back to the Dublin’s. If this is the case though, then we are back to the GPS being disabled there. Let’s say the GPS was disabled 5 miles down the road. Could the last location still show at the Shell? Not too savvy on how this system works. (As in is the tracking continuous when you retrieve data or at set points periodically?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member