Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of different things to consider when it comes to water decomposition.
  • "If a body is left submerged in water the rate of decomposition will typically be much slower due to the low temperatures and levels of oxygen..." Decomposition – The Forensics Library
  • Decomposition is slower overall in water than in the air, but the rate in the water also depends on what type and temperature of water it is. Decomp is faster in warm, freshwater than it is cold, saltwater, and it's also faster in stagnant water than it is running water. Skeletonisation can also happen in just a few days depending on predatory marine life: fish, crabs, etc. Putrefaction | Forensic Pathology Online

As horrible as this part is for us to consider I was thinking fish might play a part in her decomp. They tend to gather around these landings and bridges and with that window being down they’d have no problem getting to her. 9 months is a long time but on the other hand not that long in terms of decomposition right?? Ugh like you said @Chelly I can’t bring myself to google these things.

Things are coming into focus for me.

There will be an arrest soon IMHO. There was another missing woman in Mobile where they had a suspect, but no body recently. They found her body in a burned out car and then two days later there was an arrest.

I think they have known who did this to Daniella since the video at the gas station was pulled off the Internet. This police chief likes to operate in stealth mode.
I agree with everything you said. Now that her body has been found (RIP, beautiful girl), things are going to move pretty quickly, IMO.

I even wonder if LE’s statement that they were investigating this as a homicide was not based on what they observed as her car was found, but what they had already uncovered over the course of the investigation.

The person at the scene was a friend of Danniella's MIL, not Danniella herself. If you go back to the video in the beginning the person is crying and saying she is a friend of Julie and they just told Julie (Danniella's ex's mother).
Thank you for pointing this out. It makes so much more sense than the person being a friend of Daniella’s, IMO.

I even wonder if LE’s statement that they were investigating this as a homicide was not based on what they observed as her car was found, but what they had already uncovered over the course of the investigation.

Ding, ding, ding! This has been a homicide investigation since it was given to the homicide division back last July and they gave that ridiculous story about homicide helping with missing person’s cases because that department was overwhelmed. IMHO.

Something that always stood out to me was LE's statement that DNV was last seen "occupying" her vehicle at the Shell station. That statement was based on the video camera image removed from public view. That video image was always curious to me. It was immediately removed from the web (per LE) after the News Station posted it.

Sorry if this has been recently addressed and I missed it...but I'm guessing that this completely disproves that Dani disabled the tracker herself right? It's far more likely that the water disabled the tracker...or was it conclusively proven to have happened at the gas station? I'm trying to remember but I follow a lot of cases so sometimes get 'em mixed up.

Sorry if this has been recently addressed and I missed it...but I'm guessing that this completely disproves that Dani disabled the tracker herself right? It's far more likely that the water disabled the tracker...or was it conclusively proven to have happened at the gas station? I'm trying to remember but I follow a lot of cases so sometimes get 'em mixed up.
GPS was disabled at the Shell station. That location was the last one reported by the tracker.

The tracker was disabled at the Shell gas station on Hwy 90, the location of the car is about 17 miles away following the shortest route.

Just browsing through articles this morning to see if anything new has been posted overnight and saw this really interesting article about the dive team
Underwater crime scene investigators help preserve submerged evidence

Good article. I hope they release more information soon. I won’t be able to wait the full 8 weeks or whatever it takes for a full autopsy.

I wonder what clothes they found? I hope nothing important washed out the open window.

I’ve been thinking about the open window a lot. Why would you ever have an open window in July in Alabama in a new car? Wouldn’t it be hot and buggy? So you’d have the AC on? I live in New England where it doesn’t reach 80 most days in the summer so I didn’t really think about it before.

I think someone opened the window to intentionally sink the car faster - and only one part way so she didn’t float out.

Good article. I hope they release more information soon. I won’t be able to wait the full 8 weeks or whatever it takes for a full autopsy.

I wonder what clothes they found? I hope nothing important washed out the open window.

I’ve been thinking about the open window a lot. Why would you ever have an open window in July in Alabama in a new car? Wouldn’t it be hot and buggy? So you’d have the AC on? I live in New England where it doesn’t reach 80 most days in the summer so I didn’t really think about it before.

I think someone opened the window to intentionally sink the car faster - and only one part way so she didn’t float out.

I agree, I think that open window is very important. Someone really thought that one through.
I’ve been thinking about her location in the car. I think we can rule out that she was in the trunk based on some things said in the PC. That’s surprising to me. Why not put her in the trunk?? That would eliminate the possibility of her floating and ensure she stays in the car. Also who wants to drive around with a dead body visible in the car?? I wonder when where and how she was killed.

I really hope that they can figure out what happened to her despite the amount of time she was submerged. If she wasn’t wearing a seat belt, and I suppose even if she was after that amount of time and decomp, it’s possible she was free floating around in the car.

I don’t believe she did this herself. I fully feel that someone was trying to keep her from doing what buying that car and picking it up that very day symbolized-getting her life together for her and her daughter.

I really hope that they can figure out what happened to her despite the amount of time she was submerged. If she wasn’t wearing a seat belt, and I suppose even if she was after that amount of time and decomp, it’s possible she was free floating around in the car.

I don’t believe she did this herself. I fully feel that someone was trying to keep her from doing what buying that car and picking it up that very day symbolized-getting her life together for her and her daughter.

In one of the live-streamed PCs with the chief, one of the reporters asked where she was located in the car and the chief said that while they are documenting everything as they found it, he doesn't think the answer to that question is necessarily relevant as the body can move around in the car. But he did say they are going to work to try to answer that question.

They may be able to tell where she was sitting originally based on how things absorbed into the seat? If there was blood or anything before the car was submerged? It seems hard but I hope they can figure it out.

I’ve been thinking about her location in the car. I think we can rule out that she was in the trunk based on some things said in the PC. That’s surprising to me. Why not put her in the trunk?? That would eliminate the possibility of her floating and ensure she stays in the car. Also who wants to drive around with a dead body visible in the car?? I wonder when where and how she was killed.
RSBM for focus

Perhaps the perpetrator(s) did not put her in the trunk because they wanted to make it look like an accident.

In one of the live-streamed PCs with the chief, one of the reporters asked where she was located in the car and the chief said that while they are documenting everything as they found it, he doesn't think the answer to that question is necessarily relevant as the body can move around in the car. But he did say they are going to work to try to answer that question.

They may be able to tell where she was sitting originally based on how things absorbed into the seat? If there was blood or anything before the car was submerged? It seems hard but I hope they can figure it out.

My kids haven’t allowed me to keep up with all of the PCs, so I missed that info.

Maybe if the seat belt itself is buckled, that suggests she may have been driving. I really hope they figure it out also. As a mother, my heart hurts for her and her daughter. Now with being school aged she is going to miss her mother so bad, and her mother will miss all of that. We are in one of the parts of the country really hurt by drugs-opioids plus meth-and I have so many little girls my daughter goes to school with that have taken to me because although their in custody of grandparents, etc there seems to be nothing like someone the age of the rest of the moms.

Considering the interest in DNV when she disappeared, I am very surprised there hasn't been more activity here upon the discovery of her death. I haven't followed the family's FB which was very active. Does anyone know if the family is posting?

Considering the interest in DNV when she disappeared, I am very surprised there hasn't been more activity here upon the discovery of her death. I haven't followed the family's FB which was very active. Does anyone know if the family is posting?
There’s not much we can do now. I’m anxiously awaiting positive ID and cause of death. I sure hope there is enough evidence whatever happened. The family needs answers.

Hello Chelly, Althea, and everyone. I just discovered that Danni had been found....... I too am curious about how her MIL and the family is reacting to this..... If this was a homicide for real, I sure hope they get those who did it...... Yall please keep sharing any local info on this case.

I just assumed the window was pulled down by LE in an effort to drain the car. How do they drain a car in this situation?

At the very end of the last PC, Safety director Barber said "We have to drain the car before we remove her body."

Maybe I'm naive, but if the window was always open couldn't her body have floated out? They were clear even before removing her car from the water that there was an adult female inside. How were they so sure?

The car being in neutral can indicate someone pushed it and they will be able to get an idea of how many miles it was driven before ending up there since she had just bought it and the miles on the car at sale would be recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto