Found Deceased AL - Garrett Walker, 20, left bar, University of Alabama student, Tuscaloosa, 6 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tragic. :(

Rest peacefully, Garrett.

g40013.gif

I hate this.
I really appreciated the pictures you posted and the description.

When you were sitting there, did it feel like a place that made you want to jump in for a swim? Is it enticing in that way? I am trying to understand if he went in for fun and a little dip in the water or he was ending it all?

It seems if he was 'ending it all' , why take off his clothes and protect his cell? Wouldn't he just jump in clothed and with his cell, etc?

:(:(:(

I have seen it more times than I would like, working in mental health. For some reason, they often leave behind a phone or wallet or license or keys..... Any time I hear someone left a personal item and clothes behind on these threads, it usually means one thing, to me. I had a client who sadly committed suicide. She insisted on paying the cab driver before the ride started. As he drove across the bridge, she jumped out and jumped over. She left her purse and shoes in the car. Its the most common, not the most unusual act, to leave the personal items before the final act.

I dont know for sure what happened, by my heart really goes out to him, his family, his friends and schoolmates. Poor guy had so much ahead of him.

We need to instil the rules with our kids that you don’t just need a sober designated driver, you need a sober walk home buddy too. I can’t believe how often this happens, it’s so sad. Moo

My son was going to a good friend's bachelor party on THE RIVER WALK in Reno last month. I was lecturing him and his friend about the danger of the River being right there. I knew they would all be pretty drunk so it was important, in my mind , to explain about all the males being found in rivers after drinking---but they thought I was nuts. :oops:....I was really relieved when he returned from that wedding weekend. The entire event was held overlooking the river.

I have seen it more times than I would like, working in mental health. For some reason, they often leave behind a phone or wallet or license or keys..... Any time I hear someone left a personal item and clothes behind on these threads, it usually means one thing, to me. I had a client who sadly committed suicide. She insisted on paying the cab driver before the ride started. As he drove across the bridge, she jumped out and jumped over. She left her purse and shoes in the car. Its the most common, not the most unusual act, to leave the personal items before the final act.

I dont know for sure what happened, by my heart really goes out to him, his family, his friends and schoolmates. Poor guy had so much ahead of him.
oh, wow. I never realised that, about leaving their things behind. :(

The one thing I have experienced is the suicide victim feeling elated or joyful, in the days or hours before the tragic event. It is counter intuitive---like we'd think they would be acting despondent.

My friend's sister was acting very happy and kind of out of character, the way she seemed so smiley and upbeat, the day before and the day of her suicide. It was like she finally figured it out and felt relieved and happy about it. :(

I've always felt leaving things behind is a clue for loved ones - instead of a note.

RIP, Garrett. And prayers up for his family and friends.

Good questions @Suwannee.
The family attorney deferred most questions about the investigation to LE, including is there existing surveillance footage from and/or around the Gray Lady from that night.
Early on it was reported that a fraternity brother reported that GW was headed home after he left the bar...which appears now not to be the case. The Gray Lady is a little over 2 miles from GW residence at Wesley Place which as Suwannee indicated would normally be beyond walking distance, especially at that time of night. The attorney did confirm GW went to the football game that night with friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back