GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to police, Hiawayi is about 3-foot tall and 45 pounds.

She's 8 years old and these are her stats? This really seem grossly incorrect. My four year old is 42" and only 34 lbs but still... My 9 year old is 4-1/2 feet tall.

Kati Weis @KatiWeis · 20m
UPDATE:As of 12:45p police r still not issuing an #amberalert for missing girl from Prichard. Police: no evidence she was abducted or harmed

Kati Weis @KatiWeis · 4m
Friends and family of missing 8-year-old girl gathering to pray for her safe return. Details tonight at 5 @FOX10News

View attachment 59096

https://twitter.com/KatiWeis

I'll never understand how a young child vanishing into thin air is not evidence of an abduction, if it occurs in a populated area. It's not like she wandered away from a campsite and might be lost in the woods.

I'll never understand how a young child vanishing into thin air is not evidence of an abduction, if it occurs in a populated area. It's not like she wandered away from a campsite and might be lost in the woods.

I know...and I realize they can't go to the Amber Alert all the time, but I would hope looking at circumstances would mean some common sense would allow for its use here:

She's eight (okay, maybe nine, from new info I see now). She was headed to her cousin's house. She never arrived. She's never taken off before. She's been gone (not seen) since 5 p.m. yesterday.

PUT OUT AN AMBER ALARM!! [says me, the hysterical parent].

But seriously, this is the kind of situation where I think most citizens would agree we want the alert put out! Unless LE has something credible we don't know, why not? And sooner rather than later, please (says me, the increasingly impatient parent). And no, there may not be any "evidence" she was abducted or has been harmed...but that is because nobody can FIND her, hello? (says me, the "rapidly getting irritated" parent).

I need to go brush up on details re: the Amber Alert...

UPDATE: I read through several articles on the alert, but here's the Wiki article, describing the criteria and etc. : http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMBER_Alert

On Page # 2 of this thread, a poster was nice enough to report to us that she received a "MISSING CHILD ALERT" (on her phone) regarding Hawayi, so that's good to know!

What a cutie. Hoping she is just on an adventure or didnt want to go to school today or something. She is so young. Nice to see how quickly and seriously they got things moving on her case.

having a 9 yr old myself this has me worried - no way would I let my daughter walk anywhere alone. I don't let her 11 year old sister either. the world is just too scary a place@

I've got a 9 year old. It scares me to death to think of her playing out and me not knowing where she is never mind "knowing she has to be in by dark". It would never cross my mind to let her out of my sight for any length of time.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/26553283/9-year-old-missing-in-prichard

Update: 3:30pm: Prichard Police say a helicopter will be brought in to help search.

Update: 2:45pm: Prichard Police have started an "organized knock and talk" going door to door in the apartment complex. Chief Michael Rowland says residents are cooperating. He has contacted the U.S. Marshal's and FBI to get additional resources on a federal level and to expand the search and investigation. KlaasKids Search and Rescue Foundation, Mobile County Sheriff's K-9 unit and Mobile Police are also aiding Prichard Police in the search. Police have not ruled out that this may be domestic related.

Got a missing child alert on my phone for this little girl about 15 minutes ago.

She's 8 years old and these are her stats? This really seem grossly incorrect. My four year old is 42" and only 34 lbs but still... My 9 year old is 4-1/2 feet tall.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. I also had this thought with Jenise Wright. Granted, I make big kids, but that would make my 10 year old nearly 2 feet and 60 pounds bigger than her and my 4 year old 3 inches and 6 pounds bigger.

I'm not certain, but I think an Amber Alert is an abduction with a vehicle?
A child taken and a known vehicle used are needed to put out the alert?

Maybe a new type of alert needs to be put into place - MISSING CHILD ALERT
under the age of (I don't know) 12, 13 (when do kids "run away on their own" under that age)

Children who are missing usually are missing and not on their own accord - something happened to them.

I hope there is good news - but I really have to wonder with the latest update.

ETA: the news link made me more confused - not sure what to think now.

I got a MISSING CHILD ALERT for this little girl.

Thank you Kensie!
Did not know that was in place - that's a good thing!
(the alert, not that she's missing)

a bit slow with my posting here.

Candace Murphy @Candace_Murphy · 1h
Prichard Police say a statewide alert has been sent out.

Candace Murphy @Candace_Murphy · 1h
We've got detectives, state and federal agents, we have a web of law enforcement-Prichard Police Chief

https://twitter.com/Candace_Murphy

I'm not fully understanding the part with her dad. Was she headed to her cousins prior to hearing from or speaking to her dad, or was this something that wasn't decided until the dad spoke to her? OR was it the cousin the dad spoke to? I'm slightly confused at this point which leaves me wondering more about her dad. Not saying something's not right, I would just like some clarification on that.

Ugh this is reminding me of that case a few years ago (PA or NJ?) where the little girl went missing in her apartment complex and it was a janitor/maintenance man :(. Sorry, can't remember the name of that little girl, just know it was a local (to me) story.

That is exactly what I thought. That was the Jorelys Rivera case.

Praying she is found safe, soon.

Local 15 News has learned there is a $5,000 reward offered by the family for anyone who has information that can lead authorities to discovering the missing girl's whereabouts.

http://m.local15tv.com/news/$5K_Reward_Offered_for_Info_On_Missing_Girl?mobileredirect=true

I'm in CA so it may be different, but I distinctly remember Amber Alerts only being issued if there was a vehicle involved. It was intended to be broadcast on digital boards on the freeways so people could keep a look out for the vehicle. It's very frustrating to think that nothing is being done if an Amber Alert is not issued, but I don't really think that's the case. Again, just speaking of my opinion of what I've gathered out here. Frustrating indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back