GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not totally surprised they found him GUILTY. I am leaning in that direction too, even though it is circumstantial.

But I can't get past the earliest report, where the sweet girl was dancing around, happy, because her Dad called to say he was giving her Money for the store. And I don't know why the grandmother would have lied about that, right at the start, before she was even found. Unless she was framing the father. But I really don't think that is what happened. Unless she had a Red Tahoe that she could have driven to the back of the store...

NO. I think it does point to Daddy as being the perp. He admitted to calling his daughter, although he later said he never told her he was doing over that day. But that conflicts with the grandmothers statement and I don't see why she would have lied about that when the searching was going on.

The Red Tahoe kind of clinches it. What are the odds that it was a random, unconnected Red Tahoe and that she would end up in a field, right by where he used to work, and where he would know that people dump things?

I am not totally surprised they found him GUILTY. I am leaning in that direction too, even though it is circumstantial.

But I can't get past the earliest report, where the sweet girl was dancing around, happy, because her Dad called to say he was giving her Money for the store. And I don't know why the grandmother would have lied about that, right at the start, before she was even found. Unless she was framing the father. But I really don't think that is what happened. Unless she had a Red Tahoe that she could have driven to the back of the store...

NO. I think it does point to Daddy as being the perp. He admitted to calling his daughter, although he later said he never told her he was doing over that day. But that conflicts with the grandmothers statement and I don't see why she would have lied about that when the searching was going on.

The Red Tahoe kind of clinches it. What are the odds that it was a random, unconnected Red Tahoe and that she would end up in a field, right by where he used to work, and where he would know that people dump things?

Yep. Most murder trials are based on circumstantial evidence and this one was no exception. If the DNA had not been degraded a match to Robinson would have made it a slam dunk. But absent of that there was enough other evidence to convince the jury of his guilt in just over two and a half hours. We didn't hear about all of the 67 witnesses who testified but they did and so I have to think they found the testimonies compelling.

This has to be one of the rock bottom worst cases I've followed. I thought a skillful prosecutor could have tied up all the evidence for the jury and I'm so happy there's at least justice for this poor violated victim.

Wow....I'm surprised. I didn't watch any of the trial or follow closely, but from what I did read, it sounded like a very flimsy case....am I wrong? Does anyone thing the state proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt?

I have a funny feeling about it, too. I'd really like to see transcripts or video of all the evidence presented. I've read/heard about so many wrongful convictions lately that I wonder if they really proved his guilt in court.

I'm local. I used to work with some people who were close to the family when little Hiawayi was found. Word on the street was dad did it -- long before anything was ever announced. There was a lot of talk and rumor, but the opinion of people in the area has not wavered. IMO I think justice was served.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hiawatha Robinson, sentenced to 100 years in daughter's murder, says: 'I will be back'

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/10/hiawatha_robinson_sentenced_to.html

Hiawatha Robinson today was sentenced to 100 years in prison in his daughter's murder.

During the sentencing, Hiawatha Robinson argued with the judge and threatened he would be back.

"I came here today as a man. I will leave here today as a man. I won't apologize for something I didn't do," Robinson said.

Judge Charles Graddick, however, told Robinson: "The only way you'll be back here is in a pine box....I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you in prison."

Another case that reminds me how much we need professional juries in this country. So sad for this beautiful little one - we all wish she was still dancing!

This case was on ID's show See No Evil this week.Showing the video evidence from inside Hiawatha's residence around the time of his daughters disappearance ,sealed his guilt.
Season 6 Episode 14 - A Candy Run

Agree. I still don't get it. Why??!!! :(

This case was on ID's show See No Evil this week.Showing the video evidence from inside Hiawatha's residence around the time of his daughters disappearance ,sealed his guilt.
Season 6 Episode 14 - A Candy Run
I watched that episode a few days ago. I saw the video evidence of his maroon car pulling in behind the minimart, just as there is video of sweet Hawaii coming around the walkway to buy candy.

But that wouldn't have been enough by itself. So that video footage from his girlfriend's home sealed the deal. Showing him immediately washing his clothing, and cleaning out his vehicle in the rain. Thank Goodness he missed her hair bead in the back seat...:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back