GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In September, the 39-year-old man was indicted with felony murder and sodomy in the first degree for his role in Hiawayi Robinson's death.

Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Charles Graddick set a status hearing in the case for April 11. The trial is set for Aug. 22.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/11/hiawatha_robinson_pleads_innoc.html

Robinson's Defense Attorney Jeff Deen says he hasn't seen any of the prosecution's evidence yet, but says there's something he doesn't understand about the case against his client.

He said, "Everybody I've talked to that knows Hiawatha says he's a great guy and he loves his daughter. They're all shocked this would have happened. Now, he's charged with this horrible offense, but it just doesn't fit his character, doesn't fit what people say about him, so I really want to look at the evidence on this one. I just don't see it."

Before the trial, a hearing is scheduled for April 11th of next year in case Robinson changes his not guilty plea.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/30407389/hiawatha-robinson-scheduled-in-court-monday

So... status hearing on April 11, 2016 and a "hey, he's a good dad" defense... :rolleyes:

While we respect the judicial process, our ******** detectors are finely tuning themselves.

Local street to be named after Hiawayi Robinson

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/31855898/local-street-to-be-named-after-hiawayi-robinson

Officials of a local church say they have received permission to name a street for Hiawayi Robinson, the eight year-old girl who was murdered two years ago.

Joseph Bonner-Bey, Pastor of the New Ship of Zion Non-Denominational Church, tells FOX10 News the Mobile Street known as "Joel Court" will be re-named "Hiawayi Court" in a Street Name Dedication Ceremony in May.

The victim's father, Hiawatha Robinson, was arrested after her body was discovered. The murder and sodomy trial is expected to begin in August.

The trial has begun: http://wkrg.com/2016/08/24/hiawatha...begins-in-mobile-accused-of-killing-daughter/
WKRG.com will be keeping up with the case daily.

"Semen was found on the girl’s shirt, but it was contaminated. The sample could not be used because the girl’s body was discovered outside in an abandoned, overgrown lot. Investigators say the weather and outside elements contaminated that DNA. Investigators did find a clear, plastic hair bead and duct tape near the girl’s body. Prosecutor Jennifer Wright says another bead matching the clear one was found inside Hiawatha Robinson’s maroon Chevy Tahoe as well as a roll of duct tape. Prosecutor Jennifer Wright also told jurors that two psychologists will testify to an apparent history of sexual abuse suffered by the victim. The prosecution says an autopsy revealed Hiawayi Robinson was a victim of sexual abuse before she died and in the past."

UGH... I am so worried about this case. But didn't we see video of her leaving the corner market and walking to her father's car? Is that right?

Hope the state has more evidence than this!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Semen was found on the girl’s shirt, but it was contaminated. The sample could not be used because the girl’s body was discovered outside in an abandoned, overgrown lot. Investigators say the weather and outside elements contaminated that DNA. Investigators did find a clear, plastic hair bead and duct tape near the girl’s body. Prosecutor Jennifer Wright says another bead matching the clear one was found inside Hiawatha Robinson’s maroon Chevy Tahoe as well as a roll of duct tape. Prosecutor Jennifer Wright also told jurors that two psychologists will testify to an apparent history of sexual abuse suffered by the victim. The prosecution says an autopsy revealed Hiawayi Robinson was a victim of sexual abuse before she died and in the past."

UGH... I am so worried about this case. But didn't we see video of her leaving the corner market and walking to her father's car? Is that right?

Aw, geez - so Hiawayi had a history of sexual abuse? Hopefully the duct tape and plastic bead will be enough. May he rot in hell - and I don't even believe in hell!

IIRC the video showed her coming out of the store and walking, but the camera didn't cover the area where she walked too.

IIRC the video showed her coming out of the store and walking, but the camera didn't cover the area where she walked too.

from the link above:

Surveillance video pulled from a nearby convenience store shows Hiawayi Robinson walking into the store just after 4:00 p.m. on September 16. She was inside the store for around six minutes and then left. Information on day 1 of the trial revealed surveillance video also showed a reddish Chevy Tahoe, which is similar to the one Hiawatha was driving that day.

OK, I was wrong, the video did show a car similar to the one the father was driving that day.

Getting older is the pits, memory is the first thing to go.:facepalm:

OK, I was wrong, the video did show a car similar to the one the father was driving that day.

Getting older is the pits, memory is the first thing to go.:facepalm:

I had the same memory lapse. I 'thought' I remember it but was not sure. I forget my own phone number sometimes....

Here's an excellent recap of events from January 2015. Be warned though - the first part is a description of how her body was found.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/new_details_about_hiawayi_robi.html

It was a difficult read, MsMarple :tears:
However, the world needs to know the truth. It still shatters the heart to think of her suffering, and I still can't believe it myself!
Thank you for sharing it with us. Her voice will not be silenced, nor will her justice be denied.
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope there is more than what's been in msm the last few days because the case sounds very weak, imo.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/32841943/hiawatha-robinson-murder-trial
Hiawatha Robinson murder trial: Relatives testify young victim was sweet, happy child

snipped from linked article:

Testimony continued Thursday afternoon, when the prosecution called Kevin Ledy with the cyber tech sector of the MPD.

Ledy testified Robinson's cell phone was tracked at the St. Stephens Road apartments and the convenience store where Hiawayi was seen buying candy. Later that afternoon, the cell phone was tracked in proximity of Rebel Road, the place the child's dead body was found two days later, Ledy testified.

During questioning, defense attorneys questioned the accuracy of cell phone tracking, saying it is not an exact science and all the cell phone towers surveyed were within close range of each other.

Hiawatha Robinson collapses in court, suffers chest pains.

Hiawatha Robinson, facing trial on charges he sodomized and murdered Hiawayi Robinson, his 8-year-old daughter, in 2014 today collapsed after he suffered chest pains before he came into Circuit Court this morning, his attorney told AL.com.
Deen said guards had noticed Robinson in his cell with his head down earlier, but Deen said they assumed nothing was wrong.

"They thought he was praying but he was actually having chest pains," said Deen.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/08/hiawatha_robinson_collapses_in.html

JMO but I wonder if it was an anxiety attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back