Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A source revealed they returned on behalf of the family so they could fully understand the geography of where Jay was found. They were seen today with their Belgian Malinois sniffer dog called Flex returning from a five hour trek deep into the gorge. The team from the Signi Zoekhonden charity said they are determined to make sure nothing is left in the valley that could help explain Jay’s death.

<modsnip for copyright>

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand why they won’t reveal the location to the press but why not the family I wonder? If it will give them peace of mind and transparency, I can’t see why not.
Prehaps the civil guards are distrustful, that it will be leaked to the press by extended family or friends and I would imagine there is still a small media presence if we are getting reports in msm about the team from the Netherlands ,while I can understand the need for grieving families to visit the scene I don't quite comprehend why the exact location is necessary in this incident as it is so dangerous maybe I'm mistaken and I will check but weren't the family given a recording of the location without precise coordinates . I'm gathering from msm sources the location jay fell into is extremely difficult to access even for experienced personnel and while I can get why they would want to make sure nothing in the area has gone unchecked I don't see what can be gained by being given exact location here and tbh it would be difficult enough to hike through this area without having someone dragging jay and dumping his body there if that is the clues they are searching for .I feel the family are finding acceptance of the facts really hard and with so much noise from MSM and SM the past few weeks is it any wonder there is doubt . Regarding the alleged stolen rolex I wonder was it not found with Jay's possessions and they are unsure if it was a childish brag to elicit likes on Snapchat or if it's what drove jay into such dangerous terrain. I feel there will always be conspiracy surrounding this case if the media keep reporting every minute detail . I did hope with the locating of Jay's body the media would leave a grieving family alone but I suppose it takes two to tango and there is still a lot of give from the family to the media ,no doubt his funeral and inquest will be documented with a blow by blow account of every word and action . Let the young man rest in peace

:oops:

"Fresh Jay Slater search team deployed

to find spot where teen died

after cops 'refused'.

<modsnip - copyright violation>

I suspect the tabloids will continue to run with filler like this for a few more days, then presumably it will dry up when they realise there's actually nothing much more going to happen until the inquest - if there is one? But then again .....

Thread is closed for the night. It will reopen in the morning

Brilliant article, thank you for posting. I often wonder why some cases explode in the media , like Jay Slater's along with others mentioned in this article. All the while others are never brought to the public's attention at all . Would it be that their families don't want to highlight it in public or prehaps different circumstances like person had suicidal ideation?

The police are being very coy on that subject. Neither affirmative nor negative, just a blanket statement saying that they have publicised all they are going to publicise. I find that interesting.

I find it infuriating!

Half kidding - I don’t think the police have helped stem the wild theories. They may well have been doing a sterling job (and that’s what they’re paid to do, and yes they found Jay so I’m not criticising) but their silence hasn’t helped deal with all the speculation.

As I mentioned in last thread I have personal experience of repatriation . Only very tentative funeral arrangements can ba made as you need a death certificate and paperwork from country of death for funeral directors to proceed . The death certificate and passport has to stay with and travel with the body to UK and when the coffin goes from airplane to hearse the paperwork etc is passed over .

Brilliant article, thank you for posting. I often wonder why some cases explode in the media , like Jay Slater's along with others mentioned in this article. All the while others are never brought to the public's attention at all . Would it be that their families don't want to highlight it in public or prehaps different circumstances like person had suicidal ideation?
I suppose it depends on the person, the family and the circumstances. I note that the odder the circumstances, the more likely the media runs with it. And there needs to be clues, not just someone was there and then they weren't. And the family has to be dogged about it. Old case of Jahi Turner where there was tons of media coverage, then later the family refused to help and it died in the media.

In this case, his friends had videos and calls, his family wasn't giving up, and the circumstances were odd. People were interested, the media keeps going. JMO of course. What I've noticed over the years.

Hey Everyone,
We are closing the thread down for the night. It will reopen in the morning.
Tricia

What few knew until now beyond a tight-knit circle in Tenerife, was that after the police formally called off the search two weeks in, it actually continued.

It appears the Guardia Civil may have hoped that announcing they had stopped searching would calm some of the attention around the case - as the search had certainly not ended.

Out of view of the main paths and trails around Masca, in an area called Juan Lopez, mountaineers with machetes had been abseiling into inaccessible areas and hacking away at vegetation.

The Guardia Civil said it carried out "discreet" searches to deter "curious onlookers".

Questions remain as to whether this was the best strategy. Perhaps an approach more aligned to British police in missing person's searches where constant updates are provided for transparency, could have prevented some of the wild conspiracies

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back