Found Deceased Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain,to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.

Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears.

Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.

Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human

~ Henri Nouwen

He was going the wrong way?
So it seems.
Here is a description of the Juan López trail:
... this is not a trail for everyone. It’s a wild, unmarked, and unmaintained path, requiring constant use of GPS, although there are some rock towers placed by previous hikers that help with navigation. The route is challenging with steep and potentially vertigo-inducing sections, but doable for experienced hikers with a good fitness level. Wear sturdy hiking shoes and carry at least two to two-and-a-half liters of water. ... There is an unofficial parking spot at the trailhead for one or two cars.

To get back to his hotel, Jay would have had to walk all the way back (from the beach) the same way he had come.

MOD NOTE:

General fundraising discussion is not allowed. The ONLY part of a fundraiser account that is allowed for discussion is if there are previously unknown specifics/facts contained in the introduction (NOT COMMENTS) that relate directly to the case.

Speculation about why family members set up the account, the funds raised or what those funds may or may not be used for are off limits. Discuss the case, not the peripheral issues of fundraising.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the authorities in the largest of Spain’s Canary Islands will likely hold their own process, an inquest led by a coroner is still expected to be held once he has been repatriated back home. A coroner in Jay's native Lancashire, based in Preston, will be tasked with conducting the hearing.

Lancs Live reports that inquests in Lancashire are held in one of several locations, usually closest to where the person lived, such as Accrington Town Hall or Preston Coroner's Court.

The coroner in Lancashire will be informed of a body in the jurisdiction when Jay is brought home from Tenerife - as was the case with Andrew 'Ed' Walch from Preston who died in the Canary Islands in 2021.

:oops:

"Fresh Jay Slater search team deployed

to find spot where teen died

after cops 'refused'.

<modsnip - copyright violation>

I can understand why they won’t reveal the location to the press but why not the family I wonder? If it will give them peace of mind and transparency, I can’t see why not.

A source revealed they returned on behalf of the family so they could fully understand the geography of where Jay was found. They were seen today with their Belgian Malinois sniffer dog called Flex returning from a five hour trek deep into the gorge. The team from the Signi Zoekhonden charity said they are determined to make sure nothing is left in the valley that could help explain Jay’s death.

<modsnip for copyright>

I can understand why they won’t reveal the location to the press but why not the family I wonder? If it will give them peace of mind and transparency, I can’t see why not.

They have their reasons I presume.

Prehaps the civil guards are distrustful, that it will be leaked to the press by extended family or friends and I would imagine there is still a small media presence if we are getting reports in msm about the team from the Netherlands ,while I can understand the need for grieving families to visit the scene I don't quite comprehend why the exact location is necessary in this incident as it is so dangerous maybe I'm mistaken and I will check but weren't the family given a recording of the location without precise coordinates . I'm gathering from msm sources the location jay fell into is extremely difficult to access even for experienced personnel and while I can get why they would want to make sure nothing in the area has gone unchecked I don't see what can be gained by being given exact location here and tbh it would be difficult enough to hike through this area without having someone dragging jay and dumping his body there if that is the clues they are searching for .I feel the family are finding acceptance of the facts really hard and with so much noise from MSM and SM the past few weeks is it any wonder there is doubt . Regarding the alleged stolen rolex I wonder was it not found with Jay's possessions and they are unsure if it was a childish brag to elicit likes on Snapchat or if it's what drove jay into such dangerous terrain. I feel there will always be conspiracy surrounding this case if the media keep reporting every minute detail . I did hope with the locating of Jay's body the media would leave a grieving family alone but I suppose it takes two to tango and there is still a lot of give from the family to the media ,no doubt his funeral and inquest will be documented with a blow by blow account of every word and action . Let the young man rest in peace

:oops:

"Fresh Jay Slater search team deployed

to find spot where teen died

after cops 'refused'.

<modsnip - copyright violation>

I suspect the tabloids will continue to run with filler like this for a few more days, then presumably it will dry up when they realise there's actually nothing much more going to happen until the inquest - if there is one? But then again .....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back