AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a metal detector (it's my son's actually lol). I would be glad to join a large group of volunteers if we have blessing of property owners and LE. Willing to bet it has never been done. If keys were found, it would at very least offer possibility of route of travel by killer(s).

I don't know if it just a coincidence or not, but the land on Herring Ave where the car was found belongs to a relative of J. B. Beasley. You could probably make contact with some of them on the Facebook Page (Justice for J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett) and see if they would be give you permission to go on their land.

I just had the craziest but simplest idea ever. Dale Medical Center. Totally within walking distance. Employee or relative of patient/employee. Can't seem to find info on how long it's been there. Was it there in 99??

Someone feel free to jump in and correct me if I have my info incorrect.

I believe it may have been proven that the killer drove the vehicle. It's my understanding there were blood drip patterns from the trunk that indicated wind from vehicle movement. If victims had driven car there, then the shooting would hd to have happened there obviously. The road is not as secluded as you think. There are apartments and houses within 150 yards or so I think.

BBM You are correct. The girls were shot elsewhere and the car was driven to the location it was found after they had been killed.

Dale Medical Center! It's soooo close! I have never thought of this before. It is within walking distance. So many things going through my head right now. Criminal history of employees working there at the time... shift change times in comparison to killing... killers vehicle would have been parked there if they worked there. People coming and going at all hours without suspicion. Has this been discussed before? Was it there in 99?

I think you misunderstood my words and the context in which they were meant. Speaking of the killer I expressed no sympathy for him, simply trying to trigger one recollection of and individual at that time or after that displayed any of those changes. By saying I don't think he is happy about what he did is for the reason that is was impulsive possibly due to drug or alcohol use. Since they were not mutilated or tortured physical one has to lean more towards a killer with some amount of empathy, but still having keep secret what he did ended the lives quickly and I've read that le believes they felt no pain. I believe that the type of killer we are looking for is not a bundy type but a troubled drug addict past and or present, alcoholic past or Present. Living locally or surrounding area. I believe they may have become deeply spiritual and walking and living by sinners forgivensss. Likely to have entered rehab right after, and hold the secret deep within. Having that said everything you stated about these girls really didnt have to said. If we didnt already know and feel the same why would be on here trying tout bring them justice. Their lives being cut short and missing all those wonderful things in life is dully known and bears weight in my core with sadness. If my trying to help solve this case and keep their memory alive logging hundreds of hours comparing cases and MOs and signatures of other killers to piece this together was unclear maybe this post will be enough penance for my scolding. Good intentions are overlooked hugs and kisses

Thank you for clarifying and if I misunderstood you then I apologize. It was not my intention to "scold" you.

I don't know if it just a coincidence or not, but the land on Herring Ave where the car was found belongs to a relative of J. B. Beasley. You could probably make contact with some of them on the Facebook Page (Justice for J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett) and see if they would be give you permission to go on their land.

REALLY?? SERIOIUSLY? Oh wow. Was it owned by them in 99? I hope the detective is keeping up with this thread. That just threw me for a loop.

REALLY?? SERIOIUSLY? Oh wow. Was it owned by them in 99? I hope the detective is keeping up with this thread. That just threw me for a loop.

It was then-not sure about now. To be absolutely clear, they had nothing to do with the murders. They were very close to J.B.

To clear something up... when I used "compassion"... I put it in quotes. What I meant by this is it was his sick twisted way of possibly regretting what had happened or possibly guilt.

Nicely said in my post referencing killer ruined his life mirrors what you just said ty

New to this case, and wondering...

Was JB living with a foster family?? Does anyone know the outcome of the "negligence" lawsuit JB's mother filed in 2001?

JB's sister, Lily... was her death long before JB's murder??

I did a quick search of the thread before posting and didn't find anything related to my questions, but apologies if this has been discussed previously.

TIA :)

It was then-not sure about now. To be absolutely clear, they had nothing to do with the murders. They were very close to J.B.

And in no way was I implying they were involved. My point now is that maybe they went there for a specific reason. Even if it were just to show the property to her friend. Maybe meet boys there... maybe drink a beer or anything. They lived a good 45 minutes from the area... so very coincidental

New to this case, and wondering...

Was JB living with a foster family?? Does anyone know the outcome of the "negligence" lawsuit JB's mother filed in 2001?

JB's sister, Lily... was her death long before JB's murder??

I did a quick search of the thread before posting and didn't find anything related to my questions, but apologies if this has been discussed previously.

TIA :)

Not very long. Sadly, their only other sister passed unexpectedly about 3 years ago. I really feel for their father. He has buried all three of his daughters.

I just had the craziest but simplest idea ever. Dale Medical Center. Totally within walking distance. Employee or relative of patient/employee. Can't seem to find info on how long it's been there. Was it there in 99??

Dale Medical Center! It's soooo close! I have never thought of this before. It is within walking distance. So many things going through my head right now. Criminal history of employees working there at the time... shift change times in comparison to killing... killers vehicle would have been parked there if they worked there. People coming and going at all hours without suspicion. Has this been discussed before? Was it there in 99?

According to The Dothan Eagle and other sources, Dale Medical Center, 126 Hospital Ave., Ozark, opened as Dale County Hospital on Aug. 28, 1951. (Source: http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/dal...cle_261630ce-466c-5013-b450-f27403fde189.html)

Here are the posts I made on this from the first thread, easongt. It's been a while, so hopefully we can all put our heads together on this again and possibly come up with something new.

• Post #422

I was just looking back over my notes and this little tidbit caught my eye. From The Troy Messenger, "One Year Later, A Father Remembers," July 30, 2000:

At about the same time the girls were reported missing, J.B.’s car was found parked on a street in Ozark, about a block away from the Dale County hospital.

http://www.troymessenger.com/2000/07/30/one-year-later-a-father-remembers/

Could the car's proximity to the hospital be a clue?

• Post #429

Looking at a map, the car really was left just around the corner from the hospital. Here's a Google Earth screenshot; Point A is where the car was left and Point B is the Dale Medical Hospital:

8b1951c0-7f58-47db-b130-9394e62e8b43.jpg

The car was found on Herring Avenue 90 feet from James Street. It is approximately 0.2 miles from the car to the hospital. To walk from the location of the car to the hospital takes about five minutes, according to Google Maps.

Note the large parking lot on the east side of the hospital. I think it's interesting that this lot is on the near side of the hospital when approaching from the direction of Herring Avenue on James Street.

One of my two initial thoughts on a possible hospital connection was that the hospital would have a large parking lot. While likely far from packed at that time of night, there still would have been a fair number of vehicles parked in the lot. The hospital would have been one of the very few places open at that time of night in Ozark. A person walking up, getting into a car, and driving away would have been less conspicuous here than the parking lot of an establishment that was closed for the night. Like say, for example, the Big/Little Store.

Was the hospital parking lot a key location in the killer's getaway plan?

Did the killer have access to a vehicle that was parked at the hospital while he was with J.B. and Tracie? Did the killer work at the hospital?

My other thought was in line with jenstar's thinking:

Though the perp seems to have kept his distance during the commission of the crime, thus making it unlikely that one or both of the girls injured him — according to one MSM report, the girls when found showed "few signs of struggle" and it was never reported that DNA evidence was found, for instance, under the girls' fingernails — he still could've sustained an injury, possibly while leading or pursuing the girls through the same rough/wet/dark landscape behind the girls' wet pants, muddy shoes, and the scrape on Tracie's arm. Possibly he hurt his ankle or something along these lines. If injured and in pain, he might've driven the car with the bodies as close to the hospital as was comfortable, then hobbled the rest of the way to the ER.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, jenstar: admittance records should be checked for the night of July 31 and the early morning hours of August 1.

Great minds think alike! lol. I know it's a lot of work, but cold case detective may have no choice but to get personnel records from 99 and cross reference. Time cards are probably history by now. I like your original post. Obviously there could be some fire beneath that smoke..

And in no way was I implying they were involved. My point now is that maybe they went there for a specific reason. Even if it were just to show the property to her friend. Maybe meet boys there... maybe drink a beer or anything. They lived a good 45 minutes from the area... so very coincidental

BBM I know you weren't. I just wanted to be sure that anyone reading the post to understand they were close and in no way would they harm J.B.

According to The Dothan Eagle and other sources, Dale Medical Center, 126 Hospital Ave., Ozark, opened as Dale County Hospital on Aug. 28, 1951. (Source: http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/dal...cle_261630ce-466c-5013-b450-f27403fde189.html)

Here are the posts I made on this from the first thread, easongt. It's been a while, so hopefully we can all put our heads together on this again and possibly come up with something new.

• Post #429

Looking at a map, the car really was left just around the corner from the hospital. Here's a Google Earth screenshot; Point A is where the car was left and Point B is the Dale Medical Hospital:

8b1951c0-7f58-47db-b130-9394e62e8b43.jpg

The car was found on Herring Avenue 90 feet from James Street. It is approximately 0.2 miles from the car to the hospital. To walk from the location of the car to the hospital takes about five minutes, according to Google Maps.

Note the large parking lot on the east side of the hospital. I think it's interesting that this lot is on the near side of the hospital when approaching from the direction of Herring Avenue on James Street.

One of my two initial thoughts on a possible hospital connection was that the hospital would have a large parking lot. While likely far from packed at that time of night, there still would have been a fair number of vehicles parked in the lot. The hospital would have been one of the very few places open at that time of night in Ozark. A person walking up, getting into a car, and driving away would have been less conspicuous here than the parking lot of an establishment that was closed for the night. Like say, for example, the Big/Little Store.

Was the hospital parking lot a key location in the killer's getaway plan?

Did the killer have access to a vehicle that was parked at the hospital while he was with J.B. and Tracie? Did the killer work at the hospital?

My other thought was in line with jenstar's thinking:

Though the perp seems to have kept his distance during the commission of the crime, thus making it unlikely that one or both of the girls injured him — according to one MSM report, the girls when found showed "few signs of struggle" and it was never reported that DNA evidence was found, for instance, under the girls' fingernails — he still could've sustained an injury, possibly while leading or pursuing the girls through the same rough/wet/dark landscape behind the girls' wet pants, muddy shoes, and the scrape on Tracie's arm. Possibly he hurt his ankle or something along these lines. If injured and in pain, he might've driven the car with the bodies as close to the hospital as was comfortable, then hobbled the rest of the way to the ER.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, jenstar: admittance records should be checked for the night of July 31 and the early morning hours of August 1.

The two things that I feel can and should be done to possibly spark this case in some direction:

1. Detective assigned to this case should try to obtain all records/admissions and employee files from week of homicide.
2. A group of volunteers should scan the area in the woods with metal detectors. I will be more than happy to participate. It's only 3 hours from my house.

These are actual steps that could possibly make a difference. I also wonder if police attempted to obtain (if any) security footage from Dale Medical Center that night. Obviously if not, we are about 14 years too late for that one.

if they LE is never able to conclude the depot street location is without a doubt the CS, then you could assume heveryone stopped them there and forced them by foot into the woods to another location, pretty remote and there is in fact a dirt drive along there somewhere also a short walk to run down in appearance ball field with more woods. And being that I have only read about the outside appearance of the car, it would be interesting to know if the driver side floor mats were muddy or the seat where the back of your legs would touch. You would have to assume his clothes would be in the same condition. I wonder if they thought to check dumpsters, higways, see a fire early morning to see if any clothes were discarded, or someone using Laundromat use early am. Also the person wouId almost have to unmarried, unreliable (DRUGS), worked weekend night shifts, was suppose be goNE out of or left town before that night, normal bar goer Perhaps. One other angle is the good Ole bot theory but his buddy is a long for the night. They get high spot the girls ride up along side them, the girls snub them,they get pissed,so next time the stop red light whatever ,passenger jumps out snatches the door open just as she was locking it, uses the gun in the glove box gains Control. Driver may or may not have been aware passenger was going to do that he gets in back holding the gun, quickly forces them off main road, he's thinking about wherea the best spot, they may dirty up the car turning around here and there burning up the gas. Finally decides park it on herring. Walks them or one of them through the woods. The driver is in shock or game at this point . Could be the driver did not follow into the woods which would leave him clean to drive the vehicle if in fact that is 100 percent proven.my good Ole boys always carry work gloves usually with truck or tractor oil or lube. These individuals could be bffs or kin also. Driver may have even been afraid a bullet end up in him if he didn't go along and help. I bet they have scanners and knew when police found it keeping them from possibly intending on taking to farm land or other secluded place to dump car or near large equip in hopes of burying car and all. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010