AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM We are in total agreement on that. The location says it all and the killer walked from there to where he was staying or to where his vehicle was located. I'll take it one step further...I think the girls were captured not far from where the vehicle was located.

YES! Too coincidental that the last known location was less than a mile from where vehicle was found. Something happened near the closed gas station where they made the call. I also wonder if someone fooled them into knowing about the party and offering to take them there. Would mean it was a younger killer though.

Thought on comment that the killer "didn't enjoy this". It has crossed my mind that the license left on dash was an attempt at "compassion" in attempting to quickly identify victims. I don't buy into the police officer theory or even attempt to "frame" police by placing license there. It was either a blatant taunt or act of "compassion" IMO. FYI... I'm not a psychiatrist so I could be soooo off base on that.

MOO...I believe the killer was looking for something in particular inside her purse and simply pulled the OL out to get it out of the way. Something like a piece a piece of paper that had the killer's name on it. Again MOO and I could be completely wrong.

Last thought before I get back to work. I've said this before on this thread... but wanted to get it started again. If you get 20 people with metal detectors, pack a lunch and comb those woods in sections... I think you will find the car keys that were missing.

Last thought before I get back to work. I've said this before on this thread... but wanted to get it started again. If you get 20 people with metal detectors, pack a lunch and comb those woods in sections... I think you will find the car keys that were missing.

Since the murderer in this case would have needed to drive the car back to the spot on Herring Ave. where it was found, are you suggesting he threw the keys away as he walked back to his vehicle or house?

It is a good idea. I saw a Forensic Files case where a woman was kidnapped and left one of her i.d.'s in the apartment she was being held in on the off chance that if police searched the apartment they would find it. She was murdered. If the killer did let J.B. keep the keys until after the assault she might have left one somewhere on his property(if he has a house). Or maybe she left a watch or some other type of metal item behind.

I think trying to solve this case the best idea would be to look at gun shops. Maybe the killer works at a gun shop?

You could also look up domestic violence cases or burglary cases where a gun was used and if the person shot the gun maybe there are bullets lying around somewhere. This would require a lot of work though to find old bullets. That is the best idea I can come up with to help solve this case.

Thought on comment that the killer "didn't enjoy this". It has crossed my mind that the license left on dash was an attempt at "compassion" in attempting to quickly identify victims. I don't buy into the police officer theory or even attempt to "frame" police by placing license there. It was either a blatant taunt or act of "compassion" IMO. FYI... I'm not a psychiatrist so I could be soooo off base on that.

BBM I believe he showed his "compassion" when he put a bullet in each girl's head.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. A lot has been made about the missing keychain, but I have often thought the killer probably threw them in the woods.

I'm going to just throw this out here. I have been studying this case for 15 years. I just think some things are irrelevant and coincidental, IMO. The shell casing resting the leg, definitely could have just bounced and landed there even if the car was driven after the shootings or not if the crime
Scene is the location on depot street it could be done. I've read all the postson both threada and I think some things are given to mugh thought. I don't think this person enjoyed what happened in fact I think it ruined their lives. I would not give anyone on any dale county task force that much credit or any resident living in the near vacinity. But I will give them Time to wipe down, remove any evidence they thought would point to them. I dont think this person is a serial killer or ever repeated this one time event. Not to say they are not smart they have eluded capture for 15 years. The DNA evidence if is even part of this crime will have to be the finail nail in the coffin and not considered in this investigation. I don't know if the scene was botched or not and that shouldn't b the deal breaker. What needs to be finely Combed is all the interviews, revisit them again liars never remember what they say. Secondly did anyone locally change a person, go from good to bad or vice versa. Change lifestyles movery away. Ruin there own lives with drug use or alcohol. Sell off property, traded in a vehicle. Talk non stop about the case or refraim from any talk bout. Anyone notice changes in spouse , family member, Ex, child or young adult. Eliminating people is easy to do, it's the ones that can't be eliminated that needs the attention. I've heard many rumors and WHAT ifs , that is not going to solve this crime. I would start over and reinterview everyone, this tis listen to what is being said forget about the physical evidence, try to catch the details this time, watch for little flags and ask for voluntary DNA sample why wouldn't innocent people do that. Even set a table up I town at thriving establishment, have someone swab anyone that could be a donor. This case being solved relies solely in knowedge and facts of its people. Unfreeze the reward money up another 10 20 thousand people will talk.

BBM The only people's lives that were totally ruined were J.B. & Tracie's. They never got to graduate high school or college. Never got to marry and have children. J.B. dreamed of being a dancer and Tracie had plans to be a doctor. Their hopes, dreams, careers and everything else in life was squashed by a cold-blooded killer. Their families lives have been devastated and changed forever. They will never be aunts, uncles or grandparents. They will never get to hug their sisters and daughters again. All they got to do was bury their loved ones and visit their graves on birthdays and holidays. What exactly did the killer or killers lose and just how were their lives ruined? They went about their merry way. About the only bad thing for them is they have to constantly look over their shoulder to see if the Police are gaining on them.

The reward money has done nothing for 16 years to bring in any good leads. Not sure how adding 10-20K is going to help.

You made some very good points about re-interviewing everyone and comparing statements.

That is a very good idea and may be worth suggesting to Ozark PD or the Cold-Case Investigator.

JMO, I think the killer never drove JB's car but took the keys away from her when he 1st made contact. He may have taken them to another location in his vehicle then returned to Herring ave. where the car was parked. if he drove the Mazda there would be much more evidence left behind. He may have considered taking the license as a souvenir but left it behind feeling it too risky but kept the keys.

This is a reply to easongt, still new at this site.

YES! Too coincidental that the last known location was less than a mile from where vehicle was found. Something happened near the closed gas station where they made the call. I also wonder if someone fooled them into knowing about the party and offering to take them there. Would mean it was a younger killer though.
I also feel the that the crime began at the store/gas station. They were being watched & their plans & conversation may have been overheard. IMO they were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe Mrs. Merrit & her daughter were also being observed by someone. There are restless people that like to creep around late/ early in the dark of night.

Since the murderer in this case would have needed to drive the car back to the spot on Herring Ave. where it was found, are you suggesting he threw the keys away as he walked back to his vehicle or house?

It is a good idea. I saw a Forensic Files case where a woman was kidnapped and left one of her i.d.'s in the apartment she was being held in on the off chance that if police searched the apartment they would find it. She was murdered. If the killer did let J.B. keep the keys until after the assault she might have left one somewhere on his property(if he has a house). Or maybe she left a watch or some other type of metal item behind.

Yes. It is my belief there was only one vehicle involved and it belonged to the victim. With the damp wet clothing and mud found on victims (and the car I believe), it would have been easier for killers (if more than one) to dump the car somewhere else as opposed to driving it where it was found. I believe it was driven back there so the killer(s) could walk back to residence or wherever they were staying at that time. I have been to that area 3 or 4 times over the last year. Although somewhat secluded, it is a decently populated residential area.

I think you misunderstood my words and the context in which they were meant. Speaking of the killer I expressed no sympathy for him, simply trying to trigger one recollection of and individual at that time or after that displayed any of those changes. By saying I don't think he is happy about what he did is for the reason that is was impulsive possibly due to drug or alcohol use. Since they were not mutilated or tortured physical one has to lean more towards a killer with some amount of empathy, but still having keep secret what he did ended the lives quickly and I've read that le believes they felt no pain. I believe that the type of killer we are looking for is not a bundy type but a troubled drug addict past and or present, alcoholic past or Present. Living locally or surrounding area. I believe they may have become deeply spiritual and walking and living by sinners forgivensss. Likely to have entered rehab right after, and hold the secret deep within. Having that said everything you stated about these girls really didnt have to said. If we didnt already know and feel the same why would be on here trying tout bring them justice. Their lives being cut short and missing all those wonderful things in life is dully known and bears weight in my core with sadness. If my trying to help solve this case and keep their memory alive logging hundreds of hours comparing cases and MOs and signatures of other killers to piece this together was unclear maybe this post will be enough penance for my scolding. Good intentions are overlooked hugs and kisses

I am beginning to think you might be right, if they LE is never able to conclude the depot street location is without a doubt the CS, then you could assume heveryone stopped them there and forced them by foot into the woods to another location, pretty remote and there is in fact a dirt drive along there somewhere also a short walk to run down in appearance ball field with more woods. And being that I have only read about the outside appearance of the car, it would be interesting to know if the driver side floor mats were muddy or the seat where the back of your legs would touch. You would have to assume his clothes would be in the same condition. I wonder if they thought to check dumpsters, higways, see a fire early morning to see if any clothes were discarded, or someone using Laundromat use early am. Also the person wouId almost have to unmarried, unreliable (DRUGS), worked weekend night shifts, was suppose be goNE out of or left town before that night, normal bar goer Perhaps. One other angle is the good Ole bot theory but his buddy is a long for the night. They get high spot the girls ride up along side them, the girls snub them,they get pissed,so next time the stop red light whatever ,passenger jumps out snatches the door open just as she was locking it, uses the gun in the glove box gains Control. Driver may or may not have been aware passenger was going to do that he gets in back holding the gun, quickly forces them off main road, he's thinking about wherea the best spot, they may dirty up the car turning around here and there burning up the gas. Finally decides park it on herring. Walks them or one of them through the woods. The driver is in shock or game at this point . I'll have to thinkon the rest.

I think I covered your questions without even knowing I dI'd so. I think he would have displayed extreme change in live style,faith religion, rehab entrance , dropped friends,or nosedived into destructive, dark, heavily self medicatin possibly to the point of death or disappeared all together, im going to check the adult male missing persons on file

That is a very good idea and may be worth suggesting to Ozark PD or the Cold-Case Investigator.

I have a metal detector (it's my son's actually lol). I would be glad to join a large group of volunteers if we have blessing of property owners and LE. Willing to bet it has never been done. If keys were found, it would at very least offer possibility of route of travel by killer(s).

Also I do feel it is very likely that at some point he was helped if not accompanied the entire time my last post on workING on that theory now

JMO, I think the killer never drove JB's car but took the keys away from her when he 1st made contact. He may have taken them to another location in his vehicle then returned to Herring ave. where the car was parked. if he drove the Mazda there would be much more evidence left behind. He may have considered taking the license as a souvenir but left it behind feeling it too risky but kept the keys.

This is a reply to easongt, still new at this site.

Someone feel free to jump in and correct me if I have my info incorrect.

I believe it may have been proven that the killer drove the vehicle. It's my understanding there were blood drip patterns from the trunk that indicated wind from vehicle movement. If victims had driven car there, then the shooting would hd to have happened there obviously. The road is not as secluded as you think. There are apartments and houses within 150 yards or so I think.

I think you misunderstood my words and the context in which they were meant. Speaking of the killer I expressed no sympathy for him, simply trying to trigger one recollection of and individual at that time or after that displayed any of those changes. By saying I don't think he is happy about what he did is for the reason that is was impulsive possibly due to drug or alcohol use. Since they were not mutilated or tortured physical one has to lean more towards a killer with some amount of empathy, but still having keep secret what he did ended the lives quickly and I've read that le believes they felt no pain. I believe that the type of killer we are looking for is not a bundy type but a troubled drug addict past and or present, alcoholic past or Present. Living locally or surrounding area. I believe they may have become deeply spiritual and walking and living by sinners forgivensss. Likely to have entered rehab right after, and hold the secret deep within. Having that said everything you stated about these girls really didnt have to said. If we didnt already know and feel the same why would be on here trying tout bring them justice. Their lives being cut short and missing all those wonderful things in life is dully known and bears weight in my core with sadness. If my trying to help solve this case and keep their memory alive logging hundreds of hours comparing cases and MOs and signatures of other killers to piece this together was unclear maybe this post will be enough penance for my scolding. Good intentions are overlooked hugs and kisses

To clear something up... when I used "compassion"... I put it in quotes. What I meant by this is it was his sick twisted way of possibly regretting what had happened or possibly guilt.

If the car keys were kept by the killer, then it changes the whole scope of the killing from an opportunistic killing to a possible serial scenario with a souvenir being kept. Just my thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics