AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like BS...someone isn't happy with the police

The following post was from http://wiregrass.com/WIregrass-Talk/aft/4873/afpgj/11

I hate not knowing if I'm participating in small town gossip or crazy theories... but there is always the chance this has substance to it. I have pasted it below.
<modsnip>

Whomever wrote this appears to be pleading for help and appears genuine and desperate with a hint of fear actually. Keep in mind there are communities filled with Good Old Boy syndrome especially down south. IMO

Whomever wrote this appears to be pleading for help and appears genuine and desperate with a hint of fear actually. Keep in mind there are communities filled with Good Old Boy syndrome especially down south. IMO

The post I quoted above was fairly recent. From July 2014

I had a few minutes to drive by today. 15 years... RIP
20140731_151434.jpg

Driving through there yesterday... I got to thinking about the area around where the victims were found. IF the killer was alone (and I believe he was) he most likely left on foot to a nearby vehicle or home. If the keys were missing from the victim's vehicle, one would have to deduct that either he took them as a souvenir/memento (as some killers do) or he may have pulled them and threw them into the woods while walking/running to wherever he went. I just have a nagging hunch that if a vast area of the roadside woods were metal detected for about 1/2 mile... those keys would turn up. Not sure if there would be any tangible evidence on them after 15 years, but we would at least have a direction of travel on foot. Which may lead credence to previous questioned suspects who lived in the immediate area. I have always believed two things about this case. 1. The killer did not know the victims. 2. He lived or was staying in the immediate area, or he parked his car near the quick stop where they made the last phone call. I don't know why I get this feeling that those keys are within a relatively short distance of the vehicle location. Any thoughts?

Driving through there yesterday... I got to thinking about the area around where the victims were found. IF the killer was alone (and I believe he was) he most likely left on foot to a nearby vehicle or home. If the keys were missing from the victim's vehicle, one would have to deduct that either he took them as a souvenir/memento (as some killers do) or he may have pulled them and threw them into the woods while walking/running to wherever he went. I just have a nagging hunch that if a vast area of the roadside woods were metal detected for about 1/2 mile... those keys would turn up. Not sure if there would be any tangible evidence on them after 15 years, but we would at least have a direction of travel on foot. Which may lead credence to previous questioned suspects who lived in the immediate area. I have always believed two things about this case. 1. The killer did not know the victims. 2. He lived or was staying in the immediate area, or he parked his car near the quick stop where they made the last phone call. I don't know why I get this feeling that those keys are within a relatively short distance of the vehicle location. Any thoughts?

I agree that this is probably the work of one person and that person was staying or perhaps partying close to where JB's car was found. After commandeering their vehicle with them in it, did whatever he did to them, shot them and drove them back to the final location. I think it was a crime of opportunity and not one of premeditation. I believe that it was someone who did not know either girl, but instead was someone that in some manner crossed paths with them and he pounced when the opportunity presented itself. I believe that he is not a local and this is why this case has been so difficult to solve. It may have been a "thrill-kill", but also may have been a sex crime. According to LE, they were not raped in the traditional sense, but perhaps a different sex act was performed on them? They were killed to keep them from testifying against the perp.

The keys may be in the area. That is a good idea about metal detecting in the close proximity of where their bodies were found.

All the above is just MHOA.

My thought is go with your instinct on this. As for tangible evidence I would have to assume most likely not if the keys are outside because of the elements but stranger things have happened. For example if they were hidden away within a covered area of a tree stump or something to that nature. If you theory is correct and he/she retained the keys as a souvenir/memento well it is a moot point unless of course one can reach a conclusion as to whom the murderer was. Then with search warrant in hand one may very well find the keys among the murderers possessions.

Do you feel this is the first time this individual committed a crime or was a seasoned at committing murder?

My thought is go with your instinct on this. As for tangible evidence I would have to assume most likely not if the keys are outside because of the elements but stranger things have happened. For example if they were hidden away within a covered area of a tree stump or something to that nature. If you theory is correct and he/she retained the keys as a souvenir/memento well it is a moot point unless of course one can reach a conclusion as to whom the murderer was. Then with search warrant in hand one may very well find the keys among the murderers possessions.

Do you feel this is the first time this individual committed a crime or was a seasoned at committing murder?
I believe it was first and possibly last. The cartridge left behind seems sloppy and panicked unless he was clever enough to drop a decoy.

This reminds me of a serial killer video I was watching some weeks ago where the s.k. would picked up girls who were together and then bring them in a wooden area, and would then take control of the situation by asking 1 girl to follow him in the wood and threaten the other girl in the car (with his gun) that if she tried to escape he would kill her friend but what the girl in the car didnt know was that he was planning to kill them both anyway. He did that m.o. twice and suspected of another duo killing so let's say in this case, the guy could have done the exact same thing but to be even more certain took the key and threw them away so I think easongt you may have a very good point regarding those keys!

Anyone knows if the LE did fields search around the area where the the car/girls were found?

I had a few minutes to drive by today. 15 years... RIP
View attachment 56050

It's nice to know ppl are keeping the 'memorial site' nice and clean but I am wondering something though, if the killer is local what are the chances that he is visiting this 'memorial site' from time to time including the 'anniversary' of the girls death? I think it would have been in the LE best interest to put a hidden camera around that special place and see if a POI was visiting it often!

It's nice to know ppl are keeping the 'memorial site' nice and clean but I am wondering something though, if the killer is local what are the chances that he is visiting this 'memorial site' from time to time including the 'anniversary' of the girls death? I think it would have been in the LE best interest to put a hidden camera around that special place and see if a POI was visiting it often!

I've actually thought about that especially since I've driven past it so many times. Was wondering if someone would think I was a person of interest yesterday. But I must say this. The more I think about it the more I think they were shot some distance away from the center of town. I think that would account for the mud and wet clothing as well as the tank being close to empty. That is a very populated area. It may appear secluded in photographs but it is populated fairly well.

while I was in town this trip I made it a point to mention the case to various people. I find it interesting that almost everyone has heard a different theory or rumor. it's very easy to see how police can be sent on a wild goose chases following all these crazy leads. But without following leads it won't be solved.

I just learned about this case last year when it was featured on WS. I can't stop thinking about it. The fear and suffering those poor girls went through and what a horrible thing for a family to have to go through.
If I understood correctly JB had just gotten directions, and at the intersection, she turned the wrong way. It could be she just got mixed up. Or the killer could have been in the car and forced her to go that way. If so, he must have had a plan to take them somewhere specific. I think at some point they were taken out of the car and they tried to make a run for it, and ran through knee deep water and mud. I think they said the car was nearly out of gas when found, but when the girls stopped at the convenience store to make phone calls, they didn't fill up with gas, so they must have had enough. So the killer used up what was left taking them somewhere and then driving the car back where it was found. I wouldn't rule out an accomplice. Can any swamps or water filled ditches be pinpointed in the area?
The memorial site is just beautiful. Prayers and blessings to family and friends.

I just learned about this case last year when it was featured on WS. I can't stop thinking about it. The fear and suffering those poor girls went through and what a horrible thing for a family to have to go through.
If I understood correctly JB had just gotten directions, and at the intersection, she turned the wrong way. It could be she just got mixed up. Or the killer could have been in the car and forced her to go that way. If so, he must have had a plan to take them somewhere specific. I think at some point they were taken out of the car and they tried to make a run for it, and ran through knee deep water and mud. I think they said the car was nearly out of gas when found, but when the girls stopped at the convenience store to make phone calls, they didn't fill up with gas, so they must have had enough. So the killer used up what was left taking them somewhere and then driving the car back where it was found. I wouldn't rule out an accomplice. Can any swamps or water filled ditches be pinpointed in the area?
The memorial site is just beautiful. Prayers and blessings to family and friends.

BBM The store where they got directions was closed, so they could not have gotten gasoline there. It was reported that JB filled up her car the previous day. So, whoever commandeered her car drove a good number of miles before returning it with their bodies in the trunk.

That is an excellent idea! Hunter's use them all the time!

while I was in town this trip I made it a point to mention the case to various people. I find it interesting that almost everyone has heard a different theory or rumor. it's very easy to see how police can be sent on a wild goose chases following all these crazy leads. But without following leads it won't be solved.

More insane is the fact that in most stories, rumors, theories that people relay to others there is a grain of truth in each. Is there a location online that I can view the information on this case to get a better feel for this case in it's entirety? Thanks in advance.

More insane is the fact that in most stories, rumors, theories that people relay to others there is a grain of truth in each. Is there a location online that I can view the information on this case to get a better feel for this case in it's entirety? Thanks in advance.

Wiregrass.com forums have a lot of info but drama too. Learned most from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95