AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiregrass.com forums have a lot of info but drama too. Learned most from here.

I signed on and I saw the other cold case you just posted about, I was taken aback simply because what you cited in your first line is exactly verbatim what I was going to say in regards to this case. I am not even 30 minutes into reading on the forum and a red flag has been raised in regards to one individual that is continually posting and the verbiage that they utilize. As I begin walking down this path of the unknown it is becoming apparent that this one individual in particular is center stage on the forum and has much to say. My philosophy is the more (written words) the merrier from this individual. I am just going to focus all my attention on gathering all online statements made so that I can compare their story throughout the years.

Be sure and watch the Haunted Evidence episode on this case when done reading...
I did view it twice yesterday. Your correct about the he said she said drama in the forum area. But as I stated before the more words the merrier as far as I am concerned. I am waiting on a certain tool to use, I wish I belonged to a group of investigators then I would have access easier, but since this is not the case I had to go it alone on ordering and cost. But my instinct tells me it will be well worth the price.

I wonder what kind of search has been made for the keys. Presumably, they looked around the car, but who knows? It would be the easiest thing in the world for someone to throw them into the woods. They interviewed one guy who claimed he threw them in the Ohio river. But, if the murderer didn't want them as a souvenir, the most logical thing would be to discard them fairly soon after the crime in order to ensure he was not found with them or even seen with them. People might recall seeing someone with an extra set of keys right around the time a car with no keys is discovered. J.B.'s keychain spelled something, so it would attract notice.

Also... I must add that I don't feel the killer knew them. They were lost. Unless it was a complete coincidence that they ran into someone they knew 30 minutes from home. I think someone seized an opportunity of two young girls who probably asked them for more directions. They may have even said, "follow me and I can get you going in the right direction..." then pulled over and possibly pulled out the weapon. The biggest question I have is this. Did I read that the casing found at the abandoned house/shack is still at lab more than 10 years later? No results???

I am of the same mind set this was a stranger not someone they knew at all. In and out of the area even before their families reported them missing. IMO this was not the perpetrators first time or their last. I feel this is solvable and at this point in time that the individuals responsible for working the case need a fresh approach since the approach thus far has yielded no answers or so they say.

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/art...-spivey-on-the-beasley-hawlett-murders-126812

OZARK: With the 15th anniversary of deaths of the two Northview High School seniors in 1999 approaching, we sat down with Chief Tony Spivey today and talked to him about the still ongoing investigation.

There is more and a video at the link.

Good old Rickey Stokes, he catches a lot of flak but at least he tries.

I'm a little surprised to hear the chief say that they're still unsure of a motive and that it appears the murders were the motive. also several of the new reports list midland city or close by as the party location, that's a new one on me.

Anyone that has information that could be useful, please feel free to contact me. I am with the Alabama Attorney General's Office, Cold Case Unit. If need be I can provide a contact number and/or my email address.

More insane is the fact that in most stories, rumors, theories that people relay to others there is a grain of truth in each. Is there a location online that I can view the information on this case to get a better feel for this case in it's entirety? Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you asked this question LadyLems.

The closest thing to a detailed synopsis with up to date information on this case is the lengthy post on the first page of the first thread, and even it could use some editing.

It still blows my mind that someone took the time to dig up all the articles to glean what info they could and organize it all in one place for everyone to see. Very honorable imo.

+15 years 6 days

Anyone that has information that could be useful, please feel free to contact me. I am with the Alabama Attorney General's Office, Cold Case Unit. If need be I can provide a contact number and/or my email address.

Thank you for joining us and for doing what you do.

Good old Rickey Stokes, he catches a lot of flak but at least he tries.

I'm a little surprised to hear the chief say that they're still unsure of a motive and that it appears the murders were the motive. also several of the new reports list midland city or close by as the party location, that's a new one on me.

If you visit YouTube there is a video that was made just a few days ago.

Yes if you would not mind please PM me with your contact information. I have some information that I would like to share with you does it mean anything? I am not quite sure but it certainly is worth looking into. I will be able to explain how I arrived at the information. For all I know you may already be aware of this information but I have a gut instinct that the authorities may not because I discovered it so far off the beaten path. If this helps in any way it was by the grace of God not my own. For me to provide this information to you I want to ensure that you are whom you say you are so therefore prior to revealing what I have discovered I will first verify whatever information that you provide to me. I am in a position that I can verify credentials and once I verify them I will contact you or you can contact me.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you very much for your interest in this case. Hopefully, with everybody's efforts, the killer can be brought to justice.

I watched the Haunting Evidence episode with the sound off, but in it the LE guy had a map that looked like something a teenaged girl might draw that he showed them. I assume LE found that in the car. I meant to go back and watch that portion with the sound on to see what he had to say about the map... the map might have not been a very good one and maybe it contributed to them being lost (I don't mean that the map drawer intended this, but just that it happened). The map absolutely did not look like the work of any grown man, so it is not anything LE made.

I think it is in the first part of the episode when LE takes the HE people to behind some blue metal building, he takes out the map and shows it to them. I don' t know what the blue metal building is... it looked kind of deserted.

If your theory is right (and I believe it is a likely one), then J.B. just happened to be chosen by the murderer for extra attention. Maybe she tried to speak up for her and Tracey and that made him pay more attention to her. Or maybe it was only because she was the driver.

I got the STRONG feeling during that episode that after the murderer killed Tracey, J.B.'s mind just blanked out on her because of shock. This is only a feeling I have, I also feel that they stuck together and did try very hard to survive this awful situation. They were smart girls, so they were looking for a way out... but, they were misled. By the way people mourn them together, I think people felt they were loyal to one another to the end.. that is is a common feeling. This is not always the case when two people are murdered together. Again, going by the mourners and their reactions.

That map was drawn by the HE gentleman that is his so called talent he has the capability for whatever reason to draw out locations that come to him while he sleeps. As far as accuracy he was almost spot on in relation to where they girls were found. But to be honest I have never believed in the creditability of this sort of thing. With all the coverage surrounding the case who is to say he did not study the case prior to this taping. Even thou they swear up and down that the male and female are given no information prior to being taken to the town, city, state of where cases occurred. I just have a hard time with the whole subject in general but that of course is my own opinion. IMO.

Thanks LadyLems.

I know this might have nothing to do with J.B. and Tracy's case but looking on the right side of the youtube link there is a video of an Ozark man arrested (in Florida on July 29th) regarding a kidnapping/sexual assault/battery case of a 30yo woman and her 8yo daughter in Ozark. I looked it up on news sites and it says the man kidnapped them at knife and gunpoint and brang them to a seclude area 10 miles from where he lives. I really hope the LE will look deeper into this man just in case he has some other 'secrets'

I watched the HE with the sound on this time. I thought the psychics were pretty restrained in their predictions, so I am considering their words carefully. Mostly, they were concerned about a truck they believe was parked at BL (not the white truck, a dark 'tricked out' pickup) as well as a building that is near to locations the girls were known to be. The building would have seemed very remote at night to two girls unfamiliar with the area. But, apparently, it's not. There is a creek nearby. They believe the killer passed the girls, then deceived them into stopping so he could get into their car via threatening with a gun.

One thing their description made me think about was what if the guy had a spotlight on his truck. If he put that in J.B.'s eyes, she'd have to stop. But, the psychic think J.B. and Tracie believed there was an accident (for a few seconds). This is plausible and it'd be another way to get them to stop.

Also, the psychic felt the type of sexual assault perpetrated was making the girls partially undress and then watch what the sicko was doing to himself. The thing about this is it answers 'why J.B.?' with no, it was both of them... it's just the only person with evidence of such a horrid encounter was J.B. But, almost the same thing happened at the same time. Of course, that part will never be known for sure until the killer is caught.

This being said, the police said they would follow up on the few clues the psychics gave them. So, I guess the building yielded no evidence. I wonder if they found a truck like that? But, if it wasn't usually around, then they wouldn't be able to unless another witness recalls seeing it.

ETA

BTW, I am not saying people should have to trust the psychics. But, if the killer's truck lights momentarily blinded J.B. then she'd have to stop. This would allow him to threaten her with the gun and possibly get into her vehicle.

J.B. was a competitive dancer, wasn't she? Because I don't want to get bogged down too much into the idea that this absolutely had to be a chance encounter, maybe someone she didn't even know had taken an unnatural interest in her? IDK how likely this is, but I believe she was very serious about her dancing. Of all of the girls who are interested in dancing, not that many continue to take it as seriously after they become teens and the competition gets tough (so I have been told). We're still talking about hundreds of girls, of course. And a lot of people follow dancers just for their talent and do not expect to ever meet the girls in person. However, dancers who are very good these days have fans. Did they in 1999?

J.B. was a competitive dancer, wasn't she? Because I don't want to get bogged down too much into the idea that this absolutely had to be a chance encounter, maybe someone she didn't even know had taken an unnatural interest in her? IDK how likely this is, but I believe she was very serious about her dancing. Of all of the girls who are interested in dancing, not that many continue to take it as seriously after they become teens and the competition gets tough (so I have been told). We're still talking about hundreds of girls, of course. And a lot of people follow dancers just for their talent and do not expect to ever meet the girls in person. However, dancers who are very good these days have fans. Did they in 1999?

People have had admirers from afar since the beginning of time I do believe. Some are innocent others are dangerous.

I watched the HE with the sound on this time. I thought the psychics were pretty restrained in their predictions, so I am considering their words carefully. Mostly, they were concerned about a truck they believe was parked at BL (not the white truck, a dark 'tricked out' pickup) as well as a building that is near to locations the girls were known to be. The building would have seemed very remote at night to two girls unfamiliar with the area. But, apparently, it's not. There is a creek nearby. They believe the killer passed the girls, then deceived them into stopping so he could get into their car via threatening with a gun.

One thing their description made me think about was what if the guy had a spotlight on his truck. If he put that in J.B.'s eyes, she'd have to stop. But, the psychic think J.B. and Tracie believed there was an accident (for a few seconds). This is plausible and it'd be another way to get them to stop.

Also, the psychic felt the type of sexual assault perpetrated was making the girls partially undress and then watch what the sicko was doing to himself. The thing about this is it answers 'why J.B.?' with no, it was both of them... it's just the only person with evidence of such a horrid encounter was J.B. But, almost the same thing happened at the same time. Of course, that part will never be known for sure until the killer is caught.

This being said, the police said they would follow up on the few clues the psychics gave them. So, I guess the building yielded no evidence. I wonder if they found a truck like that? But, if it wasn't usually around, then they wouldn't be able to unless another witness recalls seeing it.

ETA

BTW, I am not saying people should have to trust the psychics. But, if the killer's truck lights momentarily blinded J.B. then she'd have to stop. This would allow him to threaten her with the gun and possibly get into her vehicle.

Truck lights or staging a scene to make them stop perhaps laying in the middle of the road or pretending to be injured in some way. Representing oneself as a law officer, the list goes on and on. When it comes to a twisted mind anything is possible. Remember what Ted Bundy used as his ruse? Fake cast, broken leg, arm, nothing is out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95