AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if this was actually breaking news, you'd see it on at least some major media sources

The website has an obvious bone to pick with DA. See article about items allegedly found at author's home regarding fingerprints. Very left wing site in my opinion. I am conservative... I confess now. I don't blindly trust authority or government... but I don't cry "conspiracy" like a cuckoo clock blurting the hour.

Per my earlier post... Retired cop says he can place work release killer in Ozark at specific locations during Beasley Hawlett murders. I admit it was always odd that victims car was parked in exact spot more than two years later.

The website has an obvious bone to pick with DA. See article about items allegedly found at author's home regarding fingerprints. Very left wing site in my opinion. I am conservative... I confess now. I don't blindly trust authority or government... but I don't cry "conspiracy" like a cuckoo clock blurting the hour.

Per my earlier post... Retired cop says he can place work release killer in Ozark at specific locations during Beasley Hawlett murders. I admit it was always odd that victims car was parked in exact spot more than two years later.

Good observation EASONGT. It should be easy enough for authorities to compare his DNA to that found on Beasley's body & undergarments. I would think since he has been arrested and convicted of murder, his DNA is in the system and the comparison would have already been done. But, as we have stated many times on this thread, the DNA found on Beasley may not be that of the killer.

Good observation EASONGT. It should be easy enough for authorities to compare his DNA to that found on Beasley's body & undergarments. I would think since he has been arrested and convicted of murder, his DNA is in the system and the comparison would have already been done. But, as we have stated many times on this thread, the DNA found on Beasley may not be that of the killer.

Unfortunately the DNA testing has already been done and was not a match. I think I posted a comment about this last year sometime. But as I have said before, I don't necessarily put a lot of emphasis on DNA recovered from the victims. By no means am I saying that DNA isn't important in a homicide investigation, I just don't think it relates to the killer in this particular case.

Consider this an open invitation to "Top" to join our discussions here. If anyone has discussed this case on another site with him, please invite him on board. If he can handle himself on the other discussion site, he'll have no problem here lol. They did remove a lot of his comments from one of the stories. He was very receptive and had even put his email address in his comments, inviting people to ask questions or obtain information about what he's found. At least here he would have the personal message option. C'mon Top... Join us and let's put our heads together...

(maybe that's why they deleted his comments from the Henry County Reports site - he may have violated posting ethics with his email.)

I finally made it to the computer instead of my tablet. Here is what "Top" had to say in comment section of one of the articles. I have linked to the article but you will have to click the "comments" icon at bottom to read it.

http://henrycountyreport.com/blog/2015/10/28/alabama-republican-chairmen-criticizes-federal-judge-thompsons-rulings-but-refuses-to-answer-questions-about-attorney-general-blocking-investigation-into-jb-beasley-and-tracie-hawletts-murder/

BBM

"The entire Attorney General’s Office is broke…out of control. As far as The Murders of JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett, it will never be solved because too many different agencies are pigeon holing bits and pieces of information and refuse to release to inner-agencies. Ya got to be smarter than the Murderers to catch the Murderers. Two years after the murder of the Girls, a young woman Managing the Clean up teams of Theatres in Montgomery was murdered by a Work Release Prisoner in Montgomery. The Victim’s car was found parked in the exact spot they found the Beasley car two years prior on Herring avenue. The Prisoner was arrested in Enterprise a day or two later. Interesting that the Prisoner had “relatives” with the same last name living in Public housing only a hundred yards from where the bodies/car Was found. The Work release prisoner was sentenced to life without parole. I placed that man (Prisoner) near the Convenience Store and the old “Train Depot” in Ozark the night of the Murder. I have a letter from the Prisoner’s “Pod Mate” that says that prisoner admitted he pulled the trigger on the girls.Typical “boondoggle”~ JB had DNA on bra, shoulder, blouse.Locals focused on looking who put DNA on JB rather than who pulled the trigger. The Only way this case will ever be solved is if the FBI spearheads the effort, gets every one in a room who knows “actual facts” about the case. I can tell you this, there is a lot of corruption in SE Alabama and not just in Barbour County, Dale County shares some as well!
"

Again... the above was posted by someone using the name "Top". I find this very interesting and if accurate... possibly one of the biggest leads in a long time. Just my opinion.

Anyone feel like this is more than a coincidence? Occam's Razor theory here? I really really really like this guy for the crime. DNA or no DNA match.

Police Investigate Possible Link to Murder of Dothan Teens
http://www.wiregrass.com/ozark/news.html
Investigators are performing DNA testing on a work release
prisoner, after he admitted to murdering a Montgomery woman by beating
her and ditched her car last week in Ozark, at the same location on
Herring Ave. where the two Dothan teens were found murdered almost
three years ago.

Eugene Eutsey, a 24-year-old Barbour County man, was in a prison
work release program in Montgomery and was working on a cleaning crew
at Rave Motion Pictures, a movie theater on Vaughn Road in Montgomery,
early on the morning of May 1, 2002. The cleaning crew was being
supervised by 42-year-old Melva Johnston, who was reported missing at
the same time that Eutsey also went missing from the work site. Eutsey
was arrested by Enterprise Police at around 3:00 Saturday morning.
They said that he was riding a bicycle through downtown Enterprise.
After he was arrested, Eutsey eventually told police where Johnston's
body and car could be found. The missing woman's Pontiac Grand Am was
located on Herring Ave. in Ozark, while her body was found behind the
Rave Movie Theater in Montgomery.

Police say Eutsey probably wanted Johnston's car to escape from
his work release program. Eutsey confessed to the murder and he was
taken to the Montgomery County Jail without bond.

Eutsey is now a suspect in the murder of two Dothan teenagers almost
three years ago in Ozark. Ozark Police Chief Tony Spivey said Eutsey
has relatives and friends in Ozark and was known to visit the city
frequently around the time of the murders of Tracey Hawlett and J.B.
Beasley in the summer of 1999. Spivey also said there were some
similarities in the murders in Ozark and the Montgomery murder, which
weren't going to be released at this time. Ozark investigators
traveled to Montgomery last and questioned Eutsey. He denied any
knowledge of the Ozark murders but a DNA sample was sent to the lab to
be checked against DNA from the double murder. Eutsey is considered a
suspect until the DNA results come back, which will be in about four
to six weeks. So far, more than 100 people have been DNA tested in the
case without a match.

Eutsey's criminal record includes three felonies, with one of
them occuring while he was on a work-release job in Barbour County.
Eutsey allegedly stole a car in Feb. 2001 while in the work-release
program in Barbour County. Eutsey is serving a 15-year sentence for
theft, unlawful breaging and entering and burglary, and had only been
in prison for less than a year before being placed in the Montgomery
work-release program.

There is still a $45,000 reward being offered for information in the
Ozark murders.

My post from last year...

One more thing before I get ready for a big day of football.

IF the Chief of Police and some of the officers WERE corrupt and involved... didn't they have plenty of opportunity to pin this on a "patsy"?? There were at least two different people that could have had evidence planted on them. That is one of the reasons I'm not buying into the huge conspiracy thing. My personal belief is that the killer(s) have managed to elude arrest because of two simple reasons - lack of proper investigation/crime scene procedure and LUCK.

IF the Chief of Police and some of the officers WERE corrupt and involved... didn't they have plenty of opportunity to pin this on a "patsy"?? There were at least two different people that could have had evidence planted on them. That is one of the reasons I'm not buying into the huge conspiracy thing. My personal belief is that the killer(s) have managed to elude arrest because of two simple reasons - lack of proper investigation/crime scene procedure and LUCK.

IMO, They did try to pin it on a "patsy".
If EE was solely responsible for this, what was his motive? Why didnt he take their belongings? We know robbery was not a motive, yet this EE has a record for burglary. Maybe EE was involved somehow. Maybe he was there at the party. But I highly doubt he was the sole perp. JMO

BBM They did try. Remember Johnny Barrentine? The evidence was so weak even the Grand Jury wouldn't indict him. Remember the old saying "that you could indict a baloney sandwich..." Well, evidently not. Granted, Johnny B set himself up for the charges by pulling his poorly thought out and ill-conceived plan to tell LE he witnessed the murders. It was a real bone-headed idea. Sadly, in all likelihood he probably did have some pertinent information about the crime and could have helped the investigation, but instead chose to lie about what he really saw and knew in a poorly disguised attempt to collect the reward rather than come forward as witness and tell the truth. After all the lies he told, his credibility as a witness was destroyed and he was of no use except to be a "patsy" as you described.

BBM They did try. Remember Johnny Barrentine? The evidence was so weak even the Grand Jury wouldn't indict him. Remember the old saying "that you could indict a baloney sandwich..." Well, evidently not. Granted, Johnny B set himself up for the charges by pulling his poorly thought out and ill-conceived plan to tell LE he witnessed the murders. It was a real bone-headed idea. Sadly, in all likelihood he probably did have some pertinent information about the crime and could have helped the investigation, but instead chose to lie about what he really saw and knew in a poorly disguised attempt to collect the reward rather than come forward as witness and tell the truth. After all the lies he told, his credibility as a witness was destroyed and he was of no use except to be a "patsy" as you described.

Maybe so. The police reacted to him coming forward. I would have found him a viable suspect given his behavior. But as corrupt as people are claiming the department is... one might have expected bullet casings to be planted or even a weapon with filed off serial numbers to be "found" on his property.

We could debate motives all day. Truth is... sometimes there is no clear cut motive. There could have been a motive that didn't actually come to fruition (such as getting spooked and having to flee). It almost appears some people dream up motives to fit their scenario. Not saying that about any posters on here. I have my beliefs and theories, but I'm not closed minded or set in stone.

Here I go beating that dead horse again... but I stick to it. The vehicle was left in that location because the killer had no other means to leave the murder site other than the victim's car. They drove near (but not too close) to their own vehicle or place of residence. Both E and B fit that scenario.

I will not defend the LE involved because in my mind they are guilty of something. If not a cover up, then incompetence. But E and B are every bit as viable as suspects as any LE. In my opinion of course.

Maybe so. The police reacted to him coming forward. I would have found him a viable suspect given his behavior. But as corrupt as people are claiming the department is... one might have expected bullet casings to be planted or even a weapon with filed off serial numbers to be "found" on his property.

We could debate motives all day. Truth is... sometimes there is no clear cut motive. There could have been a motive that didn't actually come to fruition (such as getting spooked and having to flee). It almost appears some people dream up motives to fit their scenario. Not saying that about any posters on here. I have my beliefs and theories, but I'm not closed minded or set in stone.

Here I go beating that dead horse again... but I stick to it. The vehicle was left in that location because the killer had no other means to leave the murder site other than the victim's car. They drove near (but not too close) to their own vehicle or place of residence. Both E and B fit that scenario.

I will not defend the LE involved because in my mind they are guilty of something. If not a cover up, then incompetence. But E and B are every bit as viable as suspects as any LE. In my opinion of course.

Like you, I am keeping an open mind about this case. I'm not ready to jump on the "cop did it and there is a massive cover up" bandwagon. LE has done some things that have me really scratching my head, but not ready to point my finger at them. I have my theory and person in mind who I feel is the killer. I believe Barrentine's stunt threw LE off and for at least a month concentrated their investigation on him possibly allowing other clues and evidence to be overlooked. I guess that is why I bash on Barrentine the way I do. He could have helped if he had not been a fool and a liar.

It would definitely be huge news if there was indeed a cover-up and it could be proven.

I'm editing all of this out, because I broke down and read the handwritten letter and realize (if true) the girls did know what they were getting in to, although likely didn't understand just how big of a deal this would have been.

I'm still not sure if the parents knew. It sounds as though they didn't, and the girls were just trying to get a friend out of trouble.

And they didn't make it to the field party the night of their murders, but were at a party with LEO(s) that night and at prior times.

Not sure what to think. Flying planes for the cartel, massive corruption, murders. That's quite a lot to swallow.

I've read the story on that blog and I dont know but I really dont trust it because why would a small blog which is probably unknown to 99% of the population gets all of those info's or that big break instead of a bigger media outlet or even a state ones? Why would the cop goes to the sister and then the sister going to that blogger? If there really was a conspiracy that resulted in the death of 2 girls, I dont think someone would toy with something like that either! I would go directly to a higher authority! I hope it is true but too many things are bugging me!

Another thing that bugs me is the photo of officer Crumb! Is it me or does it look like an inmate outfit? Is there a way to find out if there really is an officer Crumb in Ozark or if most of the unknown names really are who the blogger say they are?

Like someone said... this sounds more like a promo stunt for an upcoming book than anything else! BUT if true then the only thing I could say is that the blogger should shut the *advertiser censored** up and contact the FBI with his proof!

I've read the story on that blog and I dont know but I really dont trust it because why would a small blog which is probably unknown to 99% of the population gets all of those info's or that big break instead of a bigger media outlet or even a state ones? Why would the cop goes to the sister and then the sister going to that blogger? If there really was a conspiracy that resulted in the death of 2 girls, I dont think someone would toy with something like that either! I would go directly to a higher authority! I hope it is true but too many things are bugging me!

Another thing that bugs me is the photo of officer Crumb! Is it me or does it look like an inmate outfit? Is there a way to find out if there really is an officer Crumb in Ozark or if most of the unknown names really are who the blogger say they are?

Like someone said... this sounds more like a promo stunt for an upcoming book than anything else! BUT if true then the only thing I could say is that the blogger should shut the *advertiser censored** up and contact the FBI with his proof!

Regardless, at least we know JBs sister is still working for justice. She is not letting these girls be forgotten. The truth will prevail. If there are some being falsely accused, they have nothing to worry about. But if there was a cover up, It will be exposed and all those responsible will hopefully rot away in prison.

Wow. I feel totally comfortable with everything. I was not one of those fooled. Sorry maybe I did toot my own horn just a little. Early on I got the impression she was being taken advantage of and people were creating motives to fit their scenario of what they think may have happened.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think it's been a closed group all along, so I would imagine so.

ETA: That was in response to DropthePuck. Sorry, forgot to quote you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur