AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking over maps there is a creek between mathews and leatherwood ct and few ways to access ... was the person interviewd that JB called The J lady with something to tell her. They were on their way to see/visit someone in the area before heading home.
However Were intercepted very shortly after Tracie called her Mom ...

Where ever they went was obviously a dirt road or field ... For the car to be dirty ... Out of all the characters in question whom could it be :thinking:

Well there is always the love interest angle. There Was Also An Upcoming Custody Hearing. Just throwing stuff out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Love interest angle is very interesting

Just found this. Seems interesting, but I don't have time to dig into it today. Just wanted to share in case some of you would like to take a look. Follow the links to see the interesting part.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...uPYP05OsD04tzD1pA&sig2=pPvL9nLXPMkSlbMSDzW9oQ
Whoa. Thanks for sharing...that is super creepy! Unfortunately the referenced photo of the conversation wouldn't open. I wish there was a way to dig deeper on this...

Sent from my A846L using Tapatalk

One of the questions posed was about how J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were found in the trunk. It seems like J.B. Beasley was still alive after she was shot. The simple explanation for her hands being under her head like she was sleeping is probably that is what her brain told her to do at that time.

Our brains still function sometimes to do the things we would normally do even when our body is under duress. I saw this case on Forensic Files about a man and wife who had been beaten on the head with an ax. The man actually got up, got the paper, made breakfast, and then collapsed downstairs on the first floor. So police were baffled by how he could have done all these things because the assault happened in the bedroom, but he was found downstairs on the floor. The reasoning give by the medical expert was that the cortex of his brain that controlled what he normally did at that time still functioned and he did what he normally did even with a traumatic injury to his head.

There might be a small clue there. The fact that J.B. Beasley decided to go to sleep and that it appears she never shook Tracie to see if she was alive could suggest the car was not moving at the time J.B. faded away. Or the individual waited for at least a period of time before he decided to move the car.

As for what happened or how they ended up wherever they did is anybody's guess. But I think you have to remember the person who drove the car to that spot on Herring had to leave from there somehow. Maybe he had a helper and got into the helper's car after leaving J.B. Beasley's car on the side of that road? If it is someone they know, I would think they live within a mile radius of where the car was left on Herring. It would be interesting to know what an expert in geographical profiling would say about this case.

I like to think my specialty is in map interpretation. My map profile would be that the killer lives from Matthews Ave. east to Bingham and south on Bingham from James. So I would shade that southeastern part of town as an area of interest. One of the streets in that quadrant of town is where the killer lives or lived.

Click the second to last link in the body of this post and you can see the original post

Check JB'S old address

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There might be a small clue there. The fact that J.B. Beasley decided to go to sleep and that it appears she never shook Tracie to see if she was alive could suggest the car was not moving at the time J.B. faded away. Or the individual waited for at least a period of time before he decided to move the car.

In some case when ppl are losing a lot of blood you are slowly fading away exactly like when you are sedated right before a surgery which might explain why her hands where in a sleeping position.

As for what happened or how they ended up wherever they did is anybody's guess. But I think you have to remember the person who drove the car to that spot on Herring had to leave from there somehow. Maybe he had a helper and got into the helper's car after leaving J.B. Beasley's car on the side of that road? If it is someone they know, I would think they live within a mile radius of where the car was left on Herring. It would be interesting to know what an expert in geographical profiling would say about this case. I like to think my specialty is in map interpretation. My map profile would be that the killer lives from Matthews Ave. east to Bingham and south on Bingham from James. So I would shade that southeastern part of town as an area of interest. One of the streets in that quadrant of town is where the killer lives or lived.

but the most important thing would be very interesting to know if taxi drivers picked up anyone around the near by hospital or somewhere farther and deeper into town around that time of the night! If not, then I'm certain (imho) that we aren't talking about 1 killer but probably 2 since like it was mentioned the killer would have to leave on foot and I think it would be way too risky for someone alone to do so even if he was living near by because you never know who or when there is going to be someone on the street seeing you etc... Someone leaving the area through the wood would be possible but it depends on how thick the wood is.

He or she described how they would get away with in, insisting the victim must not be anyone they know and the "evil act" must not be out of rage but rather curiosity

I think this person was a troll or something because when they say 'how they would get away with it' well they probably don't know that the first rule is to never talk about it lol!

In some case when ppl are losing a lot of blood you are slowly fading away exactly like when you are sedated right before a surgery which might explain why her hands where in a sleeping position.

but the most important thing would be very interesting to know if taxi drivers picked up anyone around the near by hospital or somewhere farther and deeper into town around that time of the night! If not, then I'm certain (imho) that we aren't talking about 1 killer but probably 2 since like it was mentioned the killer would have to leave on foot and I think it would be way too risky for someone alone to do so even if he was living near by because you never know who or when there is going to be someone on the street seeing you etc... Someone leaving the area through the wood would be possible but it depends on how thick the wood is.

I think this person was a troll or something because when they say 'how they would get away with it' well they probably don't know that the first rule is to never talk about it lol!

We have to keep an open mind to the idea that the killer(s) may not be the same people who brought the Mazda to Herring. My thoughts are that they are separate people. The guys who brought th car to Herring may not even be sure who pulled the trigger.
There are likely very few people(2-3) who know who pulled the trigger but I think there are several who know basically what happened and could provide information to help solve this case. Problem is, who do you go to? Is it safe to bring your information to OPD?

We have to keep an open mind to the idea that the killer(s) may not be the same people who brought the Mazda to Herring. My thoughts are that they are separate people. The guys who brought th car to Herring may not even be sure who pulled the trigger.

I agree with you and who knows the car could have been left elsewhere and ppl seeing an abandoned car with keys inside went for a joyride til it was out of gaz on herring but I doubt it.

My first theory was that the girls had turned on Herring street only to be stopped by a 'driver' (or drivers) in distress or by a drunk/druggie/someone they knew. The girls got out of the car, the person(s) and the girls talked til they got into an argument then the guy(s) pulled out a gun, the girls got scared and started running away in fear. Their primal instinct would be to run away from the danger and not directly to their car meaning in that little wood which is the reason why their pants were wet due to dew on the soil and vegetation. Then they got caught and shot on sight (in the wood) and then carried back into the car and placed in the trunk or got caught and ordered to walk back to the car at gunpoint where the killer(s) told them to get into the trunk after which they got shot. The killer(s) syphoned their tank and leave the scene in a hurry. As I said this was my initial theory about the whole event but then the blood drippets kind of destroyed it altogether unless the killer(s) started driving the car and after a while realising what happened, panicked and drove the car back to where they stopped the J.B. and Tracie!

The case is so frustrating because I feel like the whole OPD screwed things up when they found the car, we don't know much about what is real and what is rumors, etc... :\

J.B. probably had enough gas to tool around Ozark and make it back to Dothan, so she could have been stopped/decided to stop a lot of places. So, either the killer knew she'd started at B/L or he had his own reasons for choosing that location.

I do think it is possible that the person who drove the car to the location where it was found was not the killer.

There is, supposedly, actual evidence the car was driven while they were in the trunk by the way the blood was on the undercarriage. Jacqui said there was a muddy footprint on the rear bumper, too. She thought it was Tracie's.

If anyone had picked these girls up after they were shot, that person would have been bloody.

There are likely very few people(2-3) who know who pulled the trigger but I think there are several who know basically what happened and could provide information to help solve this case. Problem is, who do you go to? Is it safe to bring your information to OPD?

BBM There is a cold-case investigator from the AL Attorney General's Office currently working on the case. He would be the best person to turn the info in to. Tips may be submitted to ColdCaseTips@ago.state.al.us or called in toll free 866-419-1236.

[/B]

BBM There is a cold-case investigator from the AL Attorney General's Office currently working on the case. He would be the best person to turn the info in to. Tips may be submitted to ColdCaseTips@ago.state.al.us or called in toll free 866-419-1236.

Is this the investigator who supposedly said this case will never be solved?

Having trouble finding it, but wasn't there an article from around 2004 where Spivey said they were still waiting on some forensics, specifically, I think it was soil samples?

Is this the investigator who supposedly said this case will never be solved?

Not that I am aware of. As far as I know, he has never publicly commented on the case.

Having trouble finding it, but wasn't there an article from around 2004 where Spivey said they were still waiting on some forensics, specifically, I think it was soil samples?

Yes, Chief Spivey stated that. I have never read what the results were. I want to say that the soil was taken from Depot Street.

Not that I am aware of. As far as I know, he has never publicly commented on the case.

How do we know he is working on the case? Is this the investigator who posted in this thread awhile back?

Yes, Chief Spivey stated that. I have never read what the results were. I want to say that the soil was taken from Depot Street.

Is it not concerning that it apparently takes more than 5 years to get results back on soil samples? Maybe they are still waiting on the results? lol

How do we know he is working on the case? Is this the investigator who posted in this thread awhile back?

He is still working on the case. He has maintained contact with the victim's families and occasionally checks in with them. He has posted on here.

Is it not concerning that it apparently takes more than 5 years to get results back on soil samples? Maybe they are still waiting on the results? lol

My guess is the results are back and they have never made them public. And yes, 5 years would be an incredibly long time to get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper