AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an aviation base in Delaware as well.

For some reason Im not sold on the military person ... Just a gut feeling

As of this moment have 6 people as suspects connecting the links between them and JB ... :thinking:

i dont believe this was random nor passing through transient, the person or person(s) knew JB.

What was their motive to do something this horriffic ...

I have thought about it a little bit since writing this. The area is predominantly red clay dirt, which would probably leave a tint depending on where this occurred, even if they(the clothing) were dried by the time they were found. But it would also leave a stain on the seat and/or floor of the car if the murderer drove them to Herring.

so in my opinion the ice plant is out. Also, almost anyone that lives in this area can tell you that it does not matter what water you go into, there will be red staining (thus my kids always had designated lake/river/fishing clothes) If anyone knows how to get it out, PLEASE say, lol. UNLESS it was dirt dirt, if that makes any sense. Fertilized soil. Like what you would find in a field being irrigated, which is VERY common during dry spells for optimal crop growth in this area. Even then. The fields usually have access road points (dirt) and are surrounded by wooded or overgrown properties with field plots for hunting. Hmmm.

Irishrose70, hmmm... Interesting observation about the soil. If they were made to kneel in a field that had been watered, then the dirt would look different? The reason I ask is I read speculation that this is how they got wet and muddy. But, the person was only guessing... I think.

I was trying to figure out how they could go through a stream/creek/river and be wet to the knee, yet not have any of the red dirt residues, if that was the case. I do not see dew alone wetting their pantlegs to that extent, if the dewpoint had even been reached by the time they were killed. This area has red clay, but it is also a cotton and peanut farming area where some of the fields have been in the same family for generations. Irrigation is fairly common, and the soil is rich and loamy a lot of the time because of the crop rotation and abundance of chicken houses also in the area ( fertilizer). It would have furrows that would contain water, and brown dirt, not the red clay. Watering is also done in the evenings or at night a lot of the time, because if done in the heat of the day the crop roots boil, and it does more harm than good.But we do not know for a fact what the condition of the clothing was. They should not have been wet though after 12 hours, but red dirt would leave a tint, or red residue showing a waterline if it was a natural water source. I can only think of two places even fairly close that would not do that, and they are very very unlikely.

there is just so much information missing! If even a small portion was made public it would tighten the picture up considerably.

Thank you for your research about the ice plant. I was really leaning towards it until now. I think it's much less likely that the crime took place there.

What do you all think about the creek on Herring st inbetween where the girls were found and the apartments? I'd love to eliminate or include it at this point.

This is correct about the color of the soil. I live on a farm. All the dirt in the fields is brown. But if you go way back on the property towards the woods there are some areas of orange clay.

I think it would be more likely the girls got wet by running through a shallow body of water than in a field. If they had run through a wet field they would've most likely been muddy up to their knees, not just wet. But in a shallow body of water, then they would've been more wet than muddy. I think this explains the muddy sneakers, too.

Just wanted to bring this up - DD Thread # 1 - Post # 925

The girls could have hit a back road somewhere before Headland for the car to be dirty as noted by the LE that spotted them that night.
Assume the tan truck may have been the vehicle "bookie" was in unsure have to read up more on this

New Information

Today I was contacted by Officer Tony Smith of the Headland Police Department. Officer Smith was on patrol the night of July 31, 1999; he is the officer who saw J.B. Beasley's car twice in Headland that night. He wanted to clear up an important discrepancy in our information, and he was also willing to tell me about the two Headland sightings:

The witness [Marilyn Merritt] that stated the car was spotless in Ozark, that was not true. The car was dirty, that's one thing that stuck out with me. I thought to myself, that's a nice car to be dirty. I turned beside them at a red light on the square in Headland. Just wanted to clear that part, the car was dirty just like police photo shows, was not spotless.

I saw them twice, once at BP talking with someone in a tan truck, side by side, and when I turned beside them at red light.

When I saw them it was just them two [in the car], they appeared to be headed out of Headland. The car looked exactly the same as it did from police photo. No one was following them because I turned into the parking lot right behind their car to speak with kids on the square.

I remember all this because it hit me hard knowing I had just saw them

Hi guys...sorry to pop in if this has been discussed and discarded.

Can we talk about the older man (allegedly) in J.B.'s life who resided at the place where she was supposed to go to the party that night? Who (allegedly) said on another forum that she had a key to his house (so she obviously knew her way there)?

*Rumors of course, based on many lengthy postings (allegedly) by this person.

I, like many of you, have read through the Wiregrass.com postings by this suspect, and either he is a sociopathic troll who enjoys the attention he gets from posting suspicious things, or he is the reason the girls died that night. When I have time, I would like to go back through the old forum and take notes on all the things he has said...but part of his game seems to be "muddying the water" around this case.

This is what I know from his own posts...if he is to be believed: He and JB were friends. He was "there for her" when she needed someone. His girlfriend was furious with JB that night. He was questioned by the police and FBI. He once wrote in a letter that JB was seen hugging an "african boy" under the bright lights of a gas station. He is a member of the Christian Identity movement, a white supremacist organization. Also in one post, he wrote about 5 moves he would make if he were investigating. One was to guarantee immunity from prosecution any "witness" who had hired someone to harm JB so she couldn't dance or to set her up with drugs. Another was to guarantee immunity from prosecution for any family member of this "witness" who may have been present when the girls were killed. From his writing you can tell he is fairly intelligent and loves the mind games.

From others I have heard that the private investigator hired by JB's guardian believed him to be involved, and he has fairly recently contacted people related to the victims to alledge that the police were responsible for the murders.

Surely the investigators know all this. It almost seems to me that a prosecutor could make a pretty good circumstantial case just with the facts listed above and the suspect's own words. Maybe not...but it's damn suspicious. Anyone else have anything to add about this suspect?

I, like many of you, have read through the Wiregrass.com postings by this suspect, and either he is a sociopathic troll who enjoys the attention he gets from posting suspicious things, or he is the reason the girls died that night. When I have time, I would like to go back through the old forum and take notes on all the things he has said...but part of his game seems to be "muddying the water" around this case.

This is what I know from his own posts...if he is to be believed: He and JB were friends. He was "there for her" when she needed someone. His girlfriend was furious with JB that night. He was questioned by the police and FBI. He once wrote in a letter that JB was seen hugging an "african boy" under the bright lights of a gas station. He is a member of the Christian Identity movement, a white supremacist organization. Also in one post, he wrote about 5 moves he would make if he were investigating. One was to guarantee immunity from prosecution any "witness" who had hired someone to harm JB so she couldn't dance or to set her up with drugs. Another was to guarantee immunity from prosecution for any family member of this "witness" who may have been present when the girls were killed. From his writing you can tell he is fairly intelligent and loves the mind games.

From others I have heard that the private investigator hired by JB's guardian believed him to be involved, and he has fairly recently contacted people related to the victims to alledge that the police were responsible for the murders.

Surely the investigators know all this. It almost seems to me that a prosecutor could make a pretty good circumstantial case just with the facts listed above and the suspect's own words. Maybe not...but it's damn suspicious. Anyone else have anything to add about this suspect?

Well written Bulldog there is something hinky with this person and as you pointed out some what intelligent and loves mind games.

This guy was infatuated with J.B whether he admits it or not. He had one really cryptic post where he spoke of her standing outside his door soaking wet and how it wasn't wrong for him to let her in. Also spoke about a "hug" he received from her in Panama City. Weird dude. If it were just someone posting garbage rumours on a forum it would be one thing. But this guy was having cryptic conversations with a PI and LE.

Anybody have any links to archives of the "old wiregrass forum". The one that someone named Pat was the moderator of?

This guy was infatuated with J.B whether he admits it or not. He had one really cryptic post where he spoke of her standing outside his door soaking wet and how it wasn't wrong for him to let her in. Also spoke about a "hug" he received from her in Panama City. Weird dude. If it were just someone posting garbage rumours on a forum it would be one thing. But this guy was having cryptic conversations with a PI and LE.

Anybody have any links to archives of the "old wiregrass forum". The one that someone named Pat was the moderator of?
try Wiregrass.com go to Wiregrass Talk topic: JB and Tracie( murdered in Ozark)

try Wiregrass.com go to Wiregrass Talk topic: JB and Tracie( murdered in Ozark)

Yes these are the ones circa 2007. I am looking for ones closer to the date of the murders. They are referenced a lot in the wiregrass.com forums
TY

Yes these are the ones circa 2007. I am looking for ones closer to the date of the murders. They are referenced a lot in the wiregrass.com forums
TY

There were several different heading topics believe I just searched the users name in the top right search box. Brought up all the posts under different headings ... You can do some long hours reading it one had at least 12 to 60 pages. The specific one pat mod unsure if it still there recall someone mentoning posting in the old thread that is not there.

It would be nice to hear from the family, guardian, LE or PI to hear where they are at in this case.
recall a post a few days ago that the investigation was still active ...

Irishrose. You are familiar with the area seen a post you made about teenage places for field parties ... Can you recall the locations and proximity from ozark

Anyone that has information that could be useful, please feel free to contact me. I am with the Alabama Attorney General's Office, Cold Case Unit. If need be I can provide a contact number and/or my email address.
W
Pulling up a post from a few years ago

TY

I don't know if you've seen this page but there's some early discussion at the link below. Some of these comments are viewable, a lot are not. I want to say when I was visiting the site around 2000-2001 that there were even earlier comments, but apparently they weren't archived. I didn't post there, just lurked. Not all the discussion has to do with the case.

The original Wiregrass discussion page
http://web.archive.org/web/20040615100033/http://www.wiregrass.com/ozark/commentsarchive.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23