AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I so relieved for these families and this community to finally have some answers, but I'm a little afraid of what we may learn.

I want to know if JB and/or Tracie knew him.

I do not think this is a simple case of two teenagers lost and end up getting killed and put into a trunk etc.

That has always been the story that has been told over the years.

I am not going to fault JB and Tracie for whatever might come out of this.

Jmo.

I do not think this is a simple case of two teenagers lost and end up getting killed and put into a trunk etc.

Jmo.
No, no fault to the girls at all. I just meant that it will likely be painful for their loved ones to learn what the girls actually went through that night.

Also, I don't have a link yet, but it seems that in Alabama multiple murder charges can result from each death. (So 5 charges do not imply that he was responsible for 5 deaths.) I would love a link or explanation from someone with more insight into Alabama criminal law.

I just don't get how they were lost in Ozark since JB knew her way around Ozark since she used to live there?

As many of us suspected, LE has never stopped working this case. Lots of activity, including exhuming graves to check DNA, according to RickeyStokesNews.com. Most of it was NOT made public knowledge in their efforts to solve this horrible crime without tipping their hand to the suspect. As many of us suspected, he was local. I don't want to count my biddies before they've hatched but CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE in LAW ENFORCEMENT who worked long and hard to solve this mystery.

1ptrans.gif

Spirit & Truth Lifeline Ministries, Inc.

I would love a link or explanation from someone with more insight into Alabama criminal law.

Dancemom, he could be charged with first degree murder but also murder in commission of another crime (rape, robbery, etc.), premeditated murder, etc. It depends on what the investigation reveals. Hope that helps. Here is a link:

Section 13A-6-2

We should get more details with the press conference. I'm still uber excited. Not hazarding any more guesses on the circumstances since we have a chance to find out exactly what happened.

Jmo.[/QU

Last edited:
Wow, almost 20 years later. I honestly didn't think this one would be solved. I am happy, for a lack of a better word, to see the truth come out in these different cases and hopefully justice. My heart goes out to the families.

Yes, I've thought about this more as the night has passed. Being the step mother of a murder victim, it suddenly dawned on me how much this was going to bring every one of the family member's pain back to the surface, not that it's ever really buried that deep. How wonderful and how torturous at the same time this must be for them. If it isn't against TOS rules could we all please send prayers, positive thoughts and/or good juju in the family's directions? Can't hurt, might help. Some of us have been involved in this murder mystery since the beginning and felt for the families all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela