GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Ozark PD Officer saw the vehicle parked perpendicular to the road and called it in to dispatch. The dispatch told the officer that they had just received a message from Dothan PD about two missing persons (JB & Tracie) and they were last seen in the vehicle.

JB's sister stated that the window on the driver's side was broken and JB had put the window down due to the heat. Not sure why the passenger's window was down, Maybe LE put it down.

I dont think they could have let it down because the keys were gone unless it had manual windows. May be I'm wrong. I will go back and see if I can find that video.

But it is coincidence that the girls would happen to run into him that night. So maybe they didn't know each other. I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

I've wondered if he was at the field party and may have seen there. But even if he was there and saw them, they did not leave together. Ms. Merritt said the girls arrived at the Big/Little Store alone. So, if he saw them at the Field Party and was planning to do them harm, he would have had to have left ahead of them and somehow get ahead of their car in town. I don't think it all happened like that. For that to happen, he would have to had knowledge of what time they were going to leave and which direction they were going. I just don't think he was at the Field Party and in all likelihood had never seen them before that night. I have thought of about every scenario possible and have come to the conclusion he did something in town to get them to pull over. Something like seeing them at a stoplight and noticed there were two girls alone. He had the gun with him, so he would had more than likely planned to do something dastardly that night. All of this is MOO

He mightve been high or drunk and ran in front of the car and got them to stop.

I was just looking back on thread one. Just how does the encounter with McCraney, the license being out, the rape of JB all tie together? Why did he rape JB but not Tracie?

BBM...I wondered about that, too. Could be one of several reasons. From what I have learned of their personalities, JB was the more out-going and probably more outspoken of the two, She may have said something to him or was more vocal with him, maybe arguing, talking back, cursing him, etc. If they took off running before the rape, she may have thought him harder. Another possibility is something such as another car coming in the area could have made him stop after raping only one girl. Then again, he might have only had enough "manhood" to do only one of them.

I've also wondered why he let JB get dressed after the rape?

BBM...I wondered about that, too. Could be one of several reasons. From what I have learned of their personalities, JB was the more out-going and probably more outspoken of the two, She may have said something to him or was more vocal with him, maybe arguing, talking back, cursing him, etc. If they took off running before the rape, she may have thought him harder. Another possibility is something such as another car coming in the area could have made him stop after raping only one girl. Then again, he might have only had enough "manhood" to do only one of them.

And had he already killed Tracie by this time? He could have locked Tracie in trunk then raped JB but things got out of hand and thats when he killed them. Yes, I can see JB smarting off and fighting back too. I think the police have more evidence than they let the public know. It will come out when the trial starts, I hope. The video that I posted earlier Shined Rabbit, has Jacqui stating that blood was easily seen under the car. Why didnt the police see this earlier that morning???

There is also mention of a sweater that had DNA on it but JB was not wearing it when they found her in the trunk.

And had he already killed Tracie by this time? He could have locked Tracie in trunk then raped JB but things got out of hand and thats when he killed them. Yes, I can see JB smarting off and fighting back too. I think the police have more evidence than they let the public know. It will come out when the trial starts, I hope. The video that I posted earlier Shined Rabbit, has Jacqui stating that blood was easily seen under the car. Why didnt the police see this earlier that morning???

Several people have asked the same question about why the blood wasn’t discovered until the Dothan Investigator arrived on the scene. I have no idea. I can only guess, but they may have simply regarded it as an abandoned vehicle and didn’t bother to look under it.

He may have already killed Tracie when the rape took place or he may have locked her in the trunk during this time as you stated. Or, he could have simply held a gun on Tracie when he was raping JB forcing her to watch. It is terrible to even think about this, but he could have raped her after she shot. Sad to imagine, but it has happened in other cases.

Last edited:
There is also mention of a sweater that had DNA on it but JB was not wearing it when they found her in the trunk.
It was her car, so she may have simply just kept it in there to wear if she got cold. If she was wearing it that night, he may have forced her to remove it and simply didn’t allow her to put it back on. Or, she may have not had it on at all that night and the semen may have gotten on it when she was forced to lie down in the trunk. Just a guess

I've wondered if he was at the field party and may have seen there. But even if he was there and saw them, they did not leave together. Ms. Merritt said the girls arrived at the Big/Little Store alone. So, if he saw them at the Field Party and was planning to do them harm, he would have had to have left ahead of them and somehow get ahead of their car in town. I don't think it all happened like that. For that to happen, he would have to had knowledge of what time they were going to leave and which direction they were going. I just don't think he was at the Field Party and in all likelihood had never seen them before that night. I have thought of about every scenario possible and have come to the conclusion he did something in town to get them to pull over. Something like seeing them at a stoplight and noticed there were two girls alone. He had the gun with him, so he would had more than likely planned to do something dastardly that night. All of this is MOO

His wife now said they met in 1998 and married later. He's suppose to be this stand up guy but on that Saturday night he killed JB and Tracie. I just can't wrap my head around the whole situation. When did he see them? Why did he kill them? You can't say it was accidental? Was his whole intention to rape them and then they ran and he shot them?

Several people have asked the same question about why the blood wasn’t discovered until the Dothan Investigator arrived on the scene. I have no idea. I can only guess, but they may have simply regarded it as an abandoned vehicle and didn’t bother to look under it.

He may have already killed Tracie when the rape took place or he may have locked her in the trunk during this time as you stated. Or, he could have simply held a gun on Tracie when he was raping JB forcing her to watch. It is terrible to even think about this, but he could have raped her after she shot. Sad to imagine, but it has happened in other cases.

He's a sick individual if if happened that way and I know there are worse cases. The timeframe confuses me. If you think about it, he really didn't have a lot of time to work with. He seen the girls, took control of them, maybe told them to drive to Depot lane where somehow they got away, he captured them back, then raped JB, and then shot both of them. Drove back to Herring where it was seen around 3am. He was a very busy man.

I was also thinking that if the shell casing's didn't have prints on them to me that means that whenever the gun was loaded somebody purposely wiped off their prints. Has anyone else thought of this. I know when I load my pistol or rifle, I don't think about wiping my prints off.

I was also thinking that if the shell casing's didn't have prints on them to me that means that whenever the gun was loaded somebody purposely wiped off their prints. Has anyone else thought of this. I know when I load my pistol or rifle, I don't think about wiping my prints off.
Or he was wearing gloves

The autopsy report shows both girls had powder strippling on the back of their right hands. Does anyone know what that means exactly?

Qualifies as Defensive wounds. Either/Or : A. One or both girls are right handed. B: One or both girls were laying on their left side in the trunk or flanking to their left if shot outside the trunk. Nevertheless most likely defensive wounds by reflex.

Just updated my Alacourt. Nothing worthy of mentioned on the case docket btw.

Welcome to our new member followers. Glad to see you here and you interest is respected and appreciated

Last edited:
Qualifies as Defensive wounds. Either/Or : A. One or both girls are right handed. B: One or both girls were laying on their left side in the trunk or flanking to their left if shot outside the trunk. Nevertheless most likely defensive wounds by reflex.

Just updated my Alacourt. Nothing worthy of mentioned on the case docket btw.

Welcome to our new member followers. Glad to see you here and you interest is respected and appreciated

Thank you Blacklist. I have researching this case for a few years and I remember when it happened. I would like to see justice for JB and Tracie.

I would really like to read the Henry County Report but every link on here is blocked. Does anyone have a copy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back