GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The defense doesn't have a leg to stand on if he doesn't confess that he knew them. If that happens he will have to prove that it was consensual and he didn't kill them. In my opinion, I don't think he knew Tracie but he mightve known JB. JMO
He said he didn't know either girl. He can try to go back on that statement during a trial but it won't look good. When he was first questioned he didn't have to admit to sex he could have said he knew one or both women. He might not remember which woman he raped and killed and which one he just killed.

BBM...I wondered about that, too. Could be one of several reasons. From what I have learned of their personalities, JB was the more out-going and probably more outspoken of the two, She may have said something to him or was more vocal with him, maybe arguing, talking back, cursing him, etc. If they took off running before the rape, she may have thought him harder. Another possibility is something such as another car coming in the area could have made him stop after raping only one girl. Then again, he might have only had enough "manhood" to do only one of them.

I've also wondered why he let JB get dressed after the rape?

Tracie might have been dead. That could have subdued JB. Her pants were on when they found them, right? Did he pull them up or did she? And did the rape happen in the car next to her friend's body? Did it happen elsewhere and they got free and somehow where overpowered and shot in the trunk?

He mightve been high or drunk and ran in front of the car and got them to stop.
He could have known them in passing. If he pretended like he was hit by them that would get them to stop. Do we know he wasn't with someone else? Did he have a girlfriend that could have introduced them? A another person with him that could have helped with controlling two women? Does he have siblings?

Tracie might have been dead. That could have subdued JB. Her pants were on when they found them, right? Did he pull them up or did she? And did the rape happen in the car next to her friend's body? Did it happen elsewhere and they got free and somehow where overpowered and shot in the trunk?

All good questions. Sadly, we don't know the answers. The how and why are things I doubt we will ever know. To me, I would simply like to know why did he have to take two innocent lives?

He could have known them in passing. If he pretended like he was hit by them that would get them to stop. Do we know he wasn't with someone else? Did he have a girlfriend that could have introduced them? A another person with him that could have helped with controlling two women? Does he have siblings?

Again good questions. I have wondered if he had an accomplice or not. Don't know about siblings.

The woman that is his wife now said they met in 1998 and dated until they were married. I don't know her background. He went to Carroll High School and so did JB's mom. I doubt he knew who she was though. It does sound like he couldve had help to subdue two young athletic girls.

It still puzzles me on where he seen them at??

I think when he raped JB, he had already killed Tracie or put her in the trunk alive with intention on raping her.

Blacklist said:
snipped by me...
Just updated my Alacourt. Nothing worthy of mentioned on the case docket btw.

Hi! Could you put a link to this case docket here, please? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Hi! Could you put a link to this case docket here, please? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Not an open site. It is a login account. Otherwise I would. I will look for the next filing of interest and post a screenshot though.
The last filing was 9/15/2020. It was just a motion of continuance

Here is a link for the most current case detail sheet. It is in PDF format

Dropbox - McCraneyCaseDetail.pdf - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there. I wonder if CM knew Johnny Barrentine since they did live around the same area during this time?? Has anyone else thought about this? Not that I think it means anything but you never know.

Wow! great minds! I though the exact thing earlier today! I was wondering if they knew each other and we had all wondered about an accomplice. There were just so many coincidences linking Barrentine to the crime...

Just throwing this out there. I wonder if CM knew Johnny Barrentine since they did live around the same area during this time?? Has anyone else thought about this? Not that I think it means anything but you never know.

It is possible and Barrentine knew a lot of info not released by LE. One of the things he was able to do was correctly describe the clothing the girls were wearing. I think that at a minimum, he saw the girls that night. However, there is nothing that connects him to CM that night. So, who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back