GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to read the autopsy. I absolutely think there could have been evidence tampering. I also think it could be exactly how it looks. But I can't rule anything out

Which part of the evidence do you feel was tampered with and what do you base that on?

I am not familiar with him. 1st thing that came to my mind, was he is just another troll from the Wilkie school of thought.

I would like to ask him who he thinks the killer is since he “knows” who killed them.

I want to ask him too. Looks like he was incarcerated in Alabama at one time.

He is charged with rape because he said he didn't know them. If he didn't know JB then its apparent that he raped her because his DNA was found. Now I don't understand the sodomy charge either. The autopsy reports do not say that either victim was raped.
That makes sense. After I finish reading the autopsy, maybe I'll understand the sodemy charge
Which part of the evidence do you feel was tampered with and what do you base that on?
If the evidence was tampered with, it
I'm not saying it was tampered with, I'm saying that is a possibility that the DNA evidence was tampered with. I can't remember where I read that CM had submitted a dna sample for a paternity test around the time of the murders. I've been brainstorming about this case and I am not convinced that he killed them. I am hoping there is more than just the DNA evidence that can prove he is guilty of murder.

That makes sense. After I finish reading the autopsy, maybe I'll understand the sodemy charge

If the evidence was tampered with, it

I'm not saying it was tampered with, I'm saying that is a possibility that the DNA evidence was tampered with. I can't remember where I read that CM had submitted a dna sample for a paternity test around the time of the murders. I've been brainstorming about this case and I am not convinced that he killed them. I am hoping there is more than just the DNA evidence that can prove he is guilty of murder.

Going from memory...A relative-possibly his mother or someone close to him submitted a sample to one of the DNA sights-possibly 23 & Me or another like company not long before CM was arrested, I believe that his how the case against him was made. They got a hit on the sample and it led back to CM. The Police never handled or analyzed the specimen. So, they did not tamper with it.

Again, going from memory, I believe he was Ordered by the Court to undergo a DNA test for paternity. But, I don't think he ever did.

Like you, I hope LE has more evidence than the semen-even though it is very damning.

This case is so puzzling to me. Think about it. If you killed someone why would you leave the car around your neighborhood. Im referring to the car being left on Herring, not far from where CM was living at or had just moved from. Remember the power was cut off at his place within 3 weeks after the murders. You would think that LE would check everyone within at least a ten mile radius of Herring. If CM did do it, he has no conscience at all and now of course he is a preacher. Just sayin.....

This case is so puzzling to me. Think about it. If you killed someone why would you leave the car around your neighborhood. Im referring to the car being left on Herring, not far from where CM was living at or had just moved from. Remember the power was cut off at his place within 3 weeks after the murders. You would think that LE would check everyone within at least a ten mile radius of Herring. If CM did do it, he has no conscience at all and now of course he is a preacher. Just sayin.....
I have always believed he drove the car to a place close to his home so he would have a short walk yet not close enough it could be tied to him and a place he knew was desolate, so he could exit the vehicle without being seen.

I am not familiar with him. 1st thing that came to my mind, was he is just another troll from the Wilkie school of thought.

I would like to ask him who he thinks the killer is since he “knows” who killed them.

I don’t use FB. If there is something of substance please let me know. There sure have been a lot of “Wilkies” appear in this case over 22 years.

Going from memory...A relative-possibly his mother or someone close to him submitted a sample to one of the DNA sights-possibly 23 & Me or another like company not long before CM was arrested, I believe that his how the case against him was made. They got a hit on the sample and it led back to CM. The Police never handled or analyzed the specimen. So, they did not tamper with it.

Again, going from memory, I believe he was Ordered by the Court to undergo a DNA test for paternity. But, I don't think he ever did.

Like you, I hope LE has more evidence than the semen-even though it is very damning.

You are correct in your memory TedMac.
I recall a list of a number of possible relatives on the DNA report being made available to the Chief of OPD. The Chief recognizing CM’s name quickly from prior knowing him and decided to follow up on CM first.
It was never stated to best of my memory whether others on the DNA list were investigated or not.

Last edited:

Not puzzling to me. He lived within a reasonable walking distance from the car, he had obviously been on foot so needed a way to get home afterwards. As for the conscience aspect, no, I would expect most murderers would not have one. Becoming a preacher doesn't really factor in IMO.

The woman that is his wife now said they met in 1998 and dated until they were married. I don't know her background. He went to Carroll High School and so did JB's mom. I doubt he knew who she was though. It does sound like he couldve had help to subdue two young athletic girls.

Being that the two girls were shot, and that he had a gun I don't think he needed help to subdue them. He is also a strong looking man.

I don't know "where" you all are getting the sodomy charge - here's what I have in my notes:

- *Coley Lewis McCraney (25 @ time of crime/45/now 47) arrested (3/15/19), charged (3/16/19) & indicted (6/6/19) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 1st degree murder while in the act of murdering two or more persons & 1 count of 1st degree rape (Beasley).

I would like to know that too. If it does match, I think that will seal his doom.

Two things can be stated for sure about the palm print
1. OPD has CM’s palm print now no doubt
2. There has been total running silence on the palm print by OPD and the DA’s office. Of course that can be viewed in two ways in pretrial discovery, one incriminating, the other exculpatory. I have a feeling it just may be the prior. Just in my opinion and from past experience

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back